• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is God?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Right, I understand that. However, and ultimately, this is based on God's compassion for his creation, not justice.
True, but remember that his justice regarding the original sin is why the compassion of sending Jesus was needed.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
God is clearly an I judging by how much he likes to interact with other.....beings.

He is clearly a N because only an abstract thinker would come up with concepts so... abstract, as infinity etc

He is omniscient so he doesn't need to think. He does however produce miracles and curses when he is pities or blames us making him a F.

He's more of a passive individual only intervening once every 1000+ years making him a P

So he's clearly an INFP.

Mole

Permabanned
Children are taught to love God and to fear God.

So children are taught to love someone they fear.

And this is precisely the psychology of abuse.

And it is this psychology that legitimates abuse.

So God lies at the heart of abuse.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
God is clearly an I judging by how much he likes to interact with other.....beings.
I'm not following you here. Please elaborate.

Children are taught to love God and to fear God.

So children are taught to love someone they fear.

And this is precisely the psychology of abuse.

And it is this psychology that legitimates abuse.

So God lies at the heart of abuse.
Great, Victor.

So then I guess the question to you is what is the standard type of an abuser?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ sounds most accurate if we're discussing a more idealized western form of God (such as the Judeo-Christian New Testament God). Jesus could likely be decribed as ENFJ.

If you're talking Old Testament God, ESTJ. He runs the world based entirely on rigid tradition and vengefully vindicates anyone who doesn't fall in line.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
He's saying that God is distant. I agree.
I'd rather have him explain it just so we're sure.

But I explained why God is not distant earlier in this discussion. Unless of course you disagree with my stated opinion.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
ENFJ sounds most accurate if we're discussing a more idealized western form of God (such as the Judeo-Christian New Testament God). Jesus could likely be decribed as ENFJ.
Agree.

If you're talking Old Testament God, ESTJ. He runs the world based entirely on rigid tradition and vengefully vindicates anyone who doesn't fall in line.
Disagree.

He doesn't run the world on those rules. He runs the Jews by those rules which are a super minority of the worlds population (somewhere between 14-16 million people, currently). The rest, he's rather P'ish on (Ha!), to be quite honest.

With that said, the only difference that I see between the Christian "vengefull" God and that of the Jew's is that the Christians push God "vengefullness" off on Satan - although God is supposed to be all powerful, therefore in control of Satan. So I don't see the difference.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I can sorta see ENTJ for OT God, but he is a bit less wrathy and a bit more lovey in NT so maybe ENFJ, but more likely the ENTJ God pretending to be ENFJ. Sorry, no specifics here, just a guess.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'd rather have him explain it just so we're sure.

Yes that's what I meant. Kinda. I read your post. Thing is God is supposed to be omnipresent. So he is everywhere. But he shows the kind of a behavior an I is likelier to show when among others - not very talkative, more passive.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Yes that's what I meant. Kinda. I read your post. Thing is God is supposed to be omnipresent. So he is everywhere. But he shows the kind of a behavior an I is likelier to show when among others - not very talkative, more passive.
Right, but as I stated, he can't talk or be physically accessible. It has nothing to do with whether or not he wants to. To do so would create a violation of our free will.

But above and beyond that, everything is centered around the believer worshiping God via prayers, observances, and traditions - all dictated by him. So why would an I force millions of people to focus their attention on him continually?

That doesn't seem very I to me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Depends on which facet of God we're looking at...

The Dude who created the Universe? Probably an ISTP- that takes some real craftmanship and skills

The Unforgiving God who smites people? ENTJ... and he's watching you :ninja:

The Demented Deity who gives us the Platypus, Ebola and hailstorms? Probably an ENTP god who got bored :doh:

The loving, forgiving God who doesn't want you to break thier commandments but if you appologize really nicely you might get into heaven? ENFJ... and you'd better appologize really nicely ;)

The God who just sits back and watches but does nothing? probably an INTP...

Just depends on which God we're talking about here I guess :)

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
I agree that God does seem 'I' only because in the stories of the Bible, he comes across as independent in his decisions and more of a silent do-er than one to discuss. But he has to be. To hear an actual personified voice of God would undermine his God-ness. (I might be rambling.)

But I say God is an E because I agree with what Haight said. In Christian teachings and the Bible, we are taught to always have "conversations" with God through prayer and a constant daily connection with him through nature, etc. To be able to communicate and be in tune with everyone and everything for eternity and infinity has to be an E thing. An I would be too drained.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An I.. no 'need' to be with 'others' to exist etc.

A judging I so leading with T/F and since Fe is the one of the two Fs that can apply, a weak or inferior Fe. Si applies more than Se

Of the two N or S, N seems more like it.
In general, I'm thinking that an S would be impossible, for all religions that I'm aware of, since creating something from nothing seems like a non-sensory endeavor. In other words, there was nothing, he internally and intellectually envisioned something prior to its physically existence, then he/she/it brought it into existence.

Functions wise, more likely an ENTP. Otherwise an INTP.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
An I.. no 'need' to be with 'others' to exist etc.

A judging I so leading with T/F and since Fe is the one of the two Fs that can apply, a weak or inferior Fe. Si applies more than Se

Of the two N or S, N seems more like it.

Functions wise, more likely an ENTP. Otherwise an INTP.

Yeah? His whole shtick is getting people to join him in heaven. If I had a badass place like heaven I'd try to keep most people out.