• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is God?

deleted
He could be an ENFJ, but INFP is much more along his value system.

I think people are a bit mistaken when they say he's a T because he created a complex universe. It's complex to us but he created it, that means its not as complex to him. That is like saying damn this girl is complex though she couldn't be an F because they aren't as complex.

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
Its impossible to type God, because he would be everything right? With all the characteristics/abilities Mixed together in one big melting pot.

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
Saying/theorizing that god is a certain type, would then say that type is "Perfect". ( In my opinion)

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Christian God, or our vision of God?

I won't even get started on what I think of the Christian God, but a true God would have to be INFJ. Not that I necessarily believe in one.

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
philosophy fail said:
Y'know, I went and got tea all the while thinking about HOW we could try to type God based on his/it's hypothetical attributes. Keep in mind whilst considering this (if it makes any sense at all) that this is written under the presumption that God is not only a creator (if that's even possible) but is also a "cosmic whole" kind of thing; ie. the basic essence of our universe. I also write this assuming god is impersonal.

Thinking/Feeling: If we assigned F or T to him/it, that would mean he/it designed things according to a value system. If God is a true impersonal creator he would have to be absent of T/F.

Perceiving/Judging: If the god is impersonal and the universe is deterministic in nature, he/it must be J since J represents planning on the surface level. If the god is impersonal and the universe is chaotic in nature (for example, if each "frame" of existence is determined by filtering (an) independent / random variable(s) through a logical system) he/it would be P, because his/it's must always be present to change things on-the-fly (and he must be present because true chaos has to occur on a metaphysical level).

Introvert/Extrovert: Since this god is impersonal, we're assuming it doesn't "talk" to any of us or actively try to direct us toward any end. Now, we COULD try to judge this based on whether he/it is more observant ("I made a universe, now let's see how things go") or creative ("--

Shit, as I type this I keep thinking of new possibilities, and the more I consider the broader it gets and the more hopeless defining god in MBTI terms by philosophical criteria becomes. Plus it seems like I'm being incomprehensibly vague. I think I'll leave this unfinished before I put any more of my pseudointellect to waste.

R

Riva

I'm having a tough time believing that God is an I. For instance, within Christianity and Judaism, God is an active God. In Judaism, God is amongst the minion when one is formed and there is a lot of praying going on within the Jewish community three times a day, every day. Likewise, I believe the Christian God is supposed to be among them when two or more are praying. And, I'm sure that's the same case for Muslims, and them folks are praying all day, practically.

And they all do this and believe this because God said he'd be with them during prayers. In other words, he volunteered to be with thousands of groups every day, all day, from here to the end of days. To me, that's not the mindset of an I.

how about INFPs? they seem to like company(people they like).

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
God is XXXX
He would have no preference for anything because his Extroversion and Introversion would be completely matured and balanced out. He's feel energized when talking to people as well as when doing solitary activities. It would be the same with everything else.

I've noticed that all people tend to migrate towards XXXX but have different starting points. You start with I until you've grown and matured as an introvert, during the time spent you get up to [for illustration purpose] 75% of you maximum I skill and 25% of you E skill. The rest of your life is spent in reverse, you'll get the remainder of the I as you get the remainder of the E. Eventually, if you live long enough in the correct circumstance you'll be an X.

God would be XXXX because he's perfect.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, which God are you talking about?

Old Testament God? ESTJ.

New Testament Jesus? INFJ.

(Incidentally, and I won't comment on the validity of the system, socionics says these two would be duals...hehe.)

Some other vague spiritual or metaphorical form of non-conscious-entity God? No type, because it's not a conscious entity.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
God is an ISFP, the universe is his canvas, look at how beautiful the mountains and streams are... :D

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
No, God is an introvert. He created the heavens and the earth and the animals and people in six days. Then he had to go off by himself to rest on the seventh day. :)

OT God : ESTJ
NT God : ENFJ

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
God is an XXXX

I imgaine he/she/it would be perfectly balanced in all functions.
That is omnicience .. no?

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I'm not Christian so I have no idea. As far as I know Jesus was the son of god, so that would put god higher up.

As far as how I was taught, there are three parts that form God, The father(god), the son(Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. Jesus would be part of god, therefore could not be higher or lower than himself. But who knows, I'm pretty sure I flunked out of bible study when I was little haha

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
god the father is entj, jesus is infj, and master melchizedek, the ultimate architect of the universe is intp

the devil is intj