• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay, one more time please.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Okay, it looks like so far, everyone agrees on INxJ, we're just struggling with T/F.

I have to admit, it might be a lot harder to read that with me since I haven't elected to discuss my personal life on the board, or revealed a lot of embarrassing details like most members have.

I suppose ultimately, it comes down to how you view type. If you think that whatever qualities a person shows most decide a dichotomy, I could very well be INTJ. But if you think that the difference between INFJ and INTJ is Fe/Ti vs. Te/Fi, then I probably seem less like an INTJ, if only because I don't have the same kind of "drive" TJs tend to have, and tend to view things in far less practical terms than they do (although I think I still tend to be more practical and focused than the average P).

I suppose I'll go ahead and ask this as well... what type does this music sound like to you?

YouTube - Tragic Anthem

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't really know or interact with you much, but based on what I've seen of your posting style (measured against type descriptions, not functions) I'd say you seem much more INFJ. It's just a feeling that I get...it's hard to describe.

If I were to attempt to describe it, I'd say that (whether true or not) you seem to me like a sensitive person. Like I'd be much more wary of saying something to offend you than I would with other NTs on this forum. The same is true of my INFJ and INTJ friend IRL...with the former I feel like I have to be careful about what I say, but with the latter I can say whatever and she would never really be offended. I don't know how true this is about you, but like I said, it's just the feeling I get.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A thought just occurred to me.

Ath, have you considered ENFP? I'm sorta thinking that maybe you're a class of extrovert who was overly sheltered in childhood and thus forced to introvert, leaving a lack of development in certain areas.

I don't think that your tendency to be perceived as literal has much to do with any cognitive function as much as a lack of understanding of where people are getting at -- it happens to anyone who is isolated or self-absorbed.

What could also be happening is that you feel the walls are closing in on you, and you're being forced to live with your more inferior functions (in an ENFP's case, Te and Si).

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Being an ENFP would explain the horrible puns... *nods*

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
He isn't an INTJ. He's too secretive and cares too much what others think. xNFJ has my vote.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A thought just occurred to me.

Ath, have you considered ENFP? I'm sorta thinking that maybe you're a class of extrovert who was overly sheltered in childhood and thus forced to introvert, leaving a lack of development in certain areas.

I don't think that your tendency to be perceived as literal has much to do with any cognitive function as much as a lack of understanding of where people are getting at -- it happens to anyone who is isolated or self-absorbed.

What could also be happening is that you feel the walls are closing in on you, and you're being forced to live with your more inferior functions (in an ENFP's case, Te and Si).

Honestly, I'm just confused.

I'm conscientious and cautious, not very impulsive, random, or desirous of continual change. I never "live in the moment" because I'm too focused on what I expect in the future. How on earth could I be an ENFP, or any other kind of P?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you considered that perhaps your lack of new stimulation is why you have become cautious? Anyone can get stuck in a rut that is hard to get out of if they aren't stimulated enough.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
mm i still see INFJ.
ENFP just doesn't seem possible.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Without knowing you in person, and observing your interaction and knowing more what motivates and drives you, I can only go off of what you write. I suppose INFJ is possible, but to be honest I have never gotten a big INFJ read off of you. Subjectively I see INTJ a lot more.

I agree with nearly everything you wrote about your analyses and conclusions as far as mbti goes.

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
My second go at this Typing thingy & my first guess was INTJ, then i carried on reading the Thread & saw quite a few suggest INFJ. I have no idea if im right or not, i just went by how the op read to me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have to admit, it might be a lot harder to read that with me since I haven't elected to discuss my personal life on the board, or revealed a lot of embarrassing details like most members have.

Yup, that was one of the reasons I suggested INTJ, I figured you didn't share much because it was considered futile, think my previous typing of INTJ was wrong.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I still say INFJ. :yes:

It makes sense to me that Night identifies so much with you though; the two of you share an extremely formal use of Fe, in your case probably due to your social inexperience, and he seems more Ti happy than many INTJs.