• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Still Confused

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I usually (almost always) test as INFJ on MBTI but recently tested INFP on socionics. The description of INFP fits in many ways, but what adds to the confusion is my orderliness, pickiness about everything, etc. I've always been very picky about what I eat, wear, everything--since I was a small child--but the orderliness really is rather new (post-brain injury). If I don't have a place for everything and everything in that place, I can't find it, so I'm a lot more orderly--except for my desk--than I was, say, 20 years ago (I think). I remember saying in law school I could stand clutter in my physical space (with two toddlers and a slob of a husband, there was a lot of clutter), but I couldn't bear clutter in my head, so concepts and theories, analysis and cases, etc. had to be in perfect order and my thoughts at least had to be orderly. Make sense? Probably not. Also, I'm much more scheduled because of my reliance on public transportation and disability in general requires more planning, even around simple stuff like dressing and undressing. So my J-ness could come from answering questions based on the way I am today as a result of my disability rather than how I really am.

Maybe I should just put down my type as INFX, though the ambiguity drives me nuts.

More thoughts anyone? Sorry to be such a pest about this.

Last edited:

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Hm, well personally I did hear from different people that the Socionics and MBTI test seem to differ. Some people told me the test of Socionics is different from the rating-style. So it seems it is not uncommon that you get different results. I got different results too.
Personally, I wouldn't worry too much. Especially if you think that the MBTI Type fits you better. In the end it is more important what you think, rather than the tests. =)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I remember, mbti INFJ = Socionics INFP.

(At least, in the major variation of Socionics I was acquainted with.)

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
From what I remember, mbti INFJ = Socionics INFP.

(At least, in the major variation of Socionics I was acquainted with.)

Yes.

The socionics INTj description fits me fairly well, except my hair is longer than they would suggest.

Maybe I should just put down my type as INFX, though the ambiguity drives me nuts.

That's a good sign that you're an MBTI INFJ.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Socionics is dildo.
So is MBTI.

Read a typology book.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant