• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ/ENTP

Richard0612

MBTI Type
ENTP
It may seem odd to be questioning two dichotomies at the same time, but hear me out...

When I first took the MBTI online I tested INTJ and thought 'yeah, good fit'. I read the other profiles and thought that the xNTP ones were also quite accurate.

When I took the cognitive processes test, I tested: Ne>Ti=Te>Ni... (I forget the rest). I know that I'm an NT, and I know that I'm intuitive dominant (so that rules out INTP/ENTJ). I also identify more with the Ne descriptions than the Ni ones (I'm much more likely to dream up a new invention or make a play on words than have a flash of insight, although I do have a rich internal world).
The more I read various profiles, the more uncertain I become. It doesn't really bother me, it'd just be interesting to get some outside ideas.

Here are some of my (relevant) traits to help:
  • I'm not really an outgoing person, although I am energised by ideas and thoughts, and like to bounce ideas off people who are willing to listen!
  • I like to spend time alone thinking, although I couldn't do this for long, as I would run out of ideas and would need external stimulus to kickstart my thinking.
  • I don't really care for fixed schedules that cannot be changed (i.e. this is the plan and we stick to it), although I don't like completely random events (well we'll just see what happens), I like to have some idea
  • I can't count the times that I've been called a 'mad scientist' what with me constantly rambling about 'out-there' inventions and plans
  • I pick up on interconnections fairly fast and can see how one set of events connects to another
  • I often speak at 100 miles per hour when I'm excited or passionate, and when I finish most people (Ns included!) are left standing there thinking :wtf: until I explain slower!
  • I have no hesitation in telling people who irritate me or waffle on about nothing to 'get lost' (one of my favourite phrases at the moment is 'ooh, listen... it's the sound of no-one caring'), but I'm perfectly fine in the company of people who don't (and I can pick up on whether they are going to irritate me actively fairly fast), even if I don't really know them.
  • I am highly resistant to doing things 'just because it's tradition' or 'we've always done it this way'. I want a rational reason (even a semblance of one) before I do something. However, I'm not likely to refuse to do something 'just because it's tradition' as this is just as irrational.
  • I don't like your standard party. At all. I feel like a fish out of water (well, more like a fish on the moon). However, give me a large gathering of people sharing ideas about something that I'm interested in (like a science fair or technology show) and you'll have to drag me out!
  • My work area/computer is well-organised, but I'm not obsessive over it.
  • When I write an essay/story/etc. I never really plan unless I have to, I just start writing and see what happens (and 99% of the time it comes out better than when I follow a strict plan)

OK, so what's the diagnosis (and thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings!).

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
It may seem odd to be questioning two dichotomies at the same time, but hear me out...

When I first took the MBTI online I tested INTJ and thought 'yeah, good fit'. I read the other profiles and thought that the xNTP ones were also quite accurate.

When I took the cognitive processes test, I tested: Ne>Ti=Te>Ni... (I forget the rest). I know that I'm an NT, and I know that I'm intuitive dominant (so that rules out INTP/ENTJ). I also identify more with the Ne descriptions than the Ni ones (I'm much more likely to dream up a new invention or make a play on words than have a flash of insight, although I do have a rich internal world).
The more I read various profiles, the more uncertain I become. It doesn't really bother me, it'd just be interesting to get some outside ideas.

Here are some of my (relevant) traits to help:
  • I'm not really an outgoing person, although I am energised by ideas and thoughts, and like to bounce ideas off people who are willing to listen!
  • I like to spend time alone thinking, although I couldn't do this for long, as I would run out of ideas and would need external stimulus to kickstart my thinking.
  • I don't really care for fixed schedules that cannot be changed (i.e. this is the plan and we stick to it), although I don't like completely random events (well we'll just see what happens), I like to have some idea
  • I can't count the times that I've been called a 'mad scientist' what with me constantly rambling about 'out-there' inventions and plans
  • I pick up on interconnections fairly fast and can see how one set of events connects to another
  • I often speak at 100 miles per hour when I'm excited or passionate, and when I finish most people (Ns included!) are left standing there thinking :wtf: until I explain slower!
  • I have no hesitation in telling people who irritate me or waffle on about nothing to 'get lost' (one of my favourite phrases at the moment is 'ooh, listen... it's the sound of no-one caring')...

• when i got to the bolded part, i realized i don't care.

Richard0612

MBTI Type
ENTP
when i got to the bolded part, i realized i don't care.
Yeah, I know that phrase is harsh, but I'll only use it mockingly or when (I believe) people deserve it. I don't insult people intentionally otherwise, although I'm not really aware sometimes of how I come across (and no, that's not an excuse, it's something to work on).

Last edited:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
First glance: ENTP.

I have a similar "problem". I used to test INTJ, now INTP and the cognitive processes test gave me: Ne Ni Ti Fi Te or something. And yet I just know I'm more INTJ (an argument in itself perhaps).

You seem to be into experimentation quite a bit, also I'd say that when an INTJ goes outside, it's more of a relief thing than to get their thinking started. A lot of the things you mentioned could go both ways, or could go beyond the INTJ/ENTP deal in fact.

I'd love to meet one and see what's different.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Reading that, you might even be an INTP.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
The post screamed Ne to me, also E. So ENTP fits.

And as an INTJ I read the whole thing too. :D There wasn't much INTJ in it.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I only glanced. :(

But then I read the whole thing just before hitting the post button. :blush:

:laugh: You're INTJ, I tell you. :yes:

Edit: Wait, I think I might be confusing you and Trinity. :unsure: But whatever, you're both INTJs in my book. :D

Richard0612

MBTI Type
ENTP
Reading that, you might even be an INTP.

I thought of that, and in some ways it makes sense (mid way as it were between INTJ & ENTP, some parts of the description match), but more of the other descriptions match if that makes sense.

You're INTJ, I tell you.

In that case it looks like I may be NTP, as I'm far more likely to skim something for the relevant parts than read the whole thing (depending on length, obviously).

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
In that case it looks like I may be NTP, as I'm far more likely to skim something for the relevant parts than read the whole thing (depending on length, obviously).

Speaking of relevance, would you have read your own OP in its entirety? ;)

Richard0612

MBTI Type
ENTP
Speaking of relevance, would you have read your own OP in its entirety? ;)

Probably not. :D

I'd have most likely skipped to the bullet points and then read enough to give me an idea of type. I need to learn when to turn the intuition-tap off...

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Probably not. :D

I'd have most likely skipped to the bullet points and then read enough to give me an idea of type. I need to learn when to turn the intuition-tap off...

You just have the wrong kind of intuition (Ne instead of Ni). :devil:

verenalovelygarden

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hello Richard
I'm not sure whether you are an INTJ temper like me or not, but I adore the style of your personal description and these sentences:
-.... persons who are willing to listen!
-.... technology show) and you'll have to drag me out!
Cheers Verena

Richard0612

MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks!
I seem to ramble a lot though (as others have pointed out), so I don't really pay attention to the style of what I write (i.e. I don't aim for a particular style), but thanks nonetheless!

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
So if my OP was Ne-based, what would an Ni one have looked like?

Ok just for fun (INTJs are weird like that) I've edited your list. I had to remove a few exclamation marks for starters. If you were an INTJ it would have read something like this:
  • I'm not really an outgoing person
  • I like to spend time alone thinking
  • I don't like completely random events, I like to have a plan
  • I can't count the times that I've been called a 'quiet person', what with me sitting on my own thinking about 'out-there' inventions and plans
  • I pick up on interconnections fairly fast and have no idea where they come from
  • I often think at 100 miles per hour when I'm excited or passionate, and when I try and explain to people my thought process most people (Ns included!) are left standing there thinking :wtf: until I explain step by step.
  • I have no hesitation in ignoring people who irritate me or waffle on about nothing
  • I want a rational reason (even a semblance of one) before I do something. If I don't get one I'm likely to refuse to do something 'just because it's tradition' if it doesn't work.
  • I don't like your standard party. At all. I feel like a fish out of water (well, more like a fish on the moon). I also don't like large gatherings of people sharing ideas about something even if I'm interested in the ideas (like a science fair or technology show). I'm most comfortable in small group or one on one.
  • My work area/computer works for me and I don't care how messy it is.
  • When I write an essay/story/etc. the whole thing is mapped out in my head and it writes itself.