• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP, INFP, xNFP, ENTP, xNxP?

My type?

• ENFP

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • xNFP

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • ENTP

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • INTP

• xNTP

• xNxP

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
It's hard to judge people's true overall personalities based on online responses alone- since it's only reflective of minuscule part of their persona and what they go through in their daily lives.

On top of that, some people are better at articulating themselves through writing, others aren't. I know it hasn't been my strength, for sure.

Sometimes people post on forums because they're bored or need an outlet. Sometimes they're in transition phases of their lives.. so naturally, due to a state of uncertainly, they're not going to be in the best of moods all the time.

In other words, situational factors don't reflect overall personality. Real life interactions are a better read (non-verbal communication is just as strong, if not, more communicative than through text).

I agree. Trust people you are closest with. They tend to know us most, second to ourselves. Btw, I voted ENFP.

I was sort of in a transitional phase but seem to be powering out of it.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Test retake.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************* (44.7) excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (35.5) good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (33.4) good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************* (32.6) good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (32.5) good use
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (32.2) good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************** (22) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************** (7.9) unused

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ENFP

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm going to score XXXX next, hehe. That makes a big case for NFP though, because of how arbitrary my answers were. I would expect a T to score more consistently, though I may be wrong. The Fi is dulled by the wording of Fi questions also, you know what purists we are. So ENFP is pretty much an option. Why Te is so low again puzzles me? Would xNFP sometimes relegate both Te and Si to the inferior and boost other functions?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems like the results of this test are supporting Lenore Thomson's theory that the tertiary and inferior are really 7th and 8th. (and the other four are in the middle as right and left brain alternatives). Like most INTP's come out with Si and Fe as the weakest, and strong Ni/Se. (I was different from that, with Si in place at 3rd, and Se/Ni weakest).
I feel more Sanguine-Phlegmatic of the two. I'm not really rebellious at all. Prefer to meet people on their terms, unless there is something I see as important in the argument.
Ne with either Ti or Fi will often produce a rebellious streak when things are imposed on you. You see possibilities and don't want to be tied down to anything. Yet what you had described regarding some of your mischeif as a teen sounded more NTP than NFP.Seeing something as important does sound more like Fi. Also, I had started a discussion on the Thinking attitudes and math, and a few ENFP's did say they were good at math.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Take the actual MBTI administered by a qualified professional.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
This is the funniest one yet. They really need clearer questions. I realised quite a few describe things I agree with rather than am also.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (40.5) excellent use
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (39.3) excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (38.2) excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (30.2) good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (28.3) average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (25.5) average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (24) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (14) unused

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISFP, or ENFP

Hmm, I didn't put ESFP on the list. Might consider it. :)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Though this has been an amusing journey, in more proving the test didn't say much than disproving my type, I think I'm satisfied. Though I was never that worried about being anything but an xNFP or ENxP.

The 4w5 enneagram and past experiences have had an interesting effect on the ENFP type for me though. I am not a Ti rational and never will be, but I am logical. And I am desensitised to many things that would promote empathetic reactions in other ENFPs. I often find amusement in situations and crossing lines, but no longer find amusement when they have a severe impact on people. I can be the first in the group to realise also. I don't get hurt by these situations, I just stare the consequences in the face. I am not offended, I just know what they feel and that it should not happen, and feel the duty to stop it. Maybe it's a passing thing, maybe it's always been that way. Maybe I grew up in a family that never recognised the value of contact between people. Or Fi. Hugs just didn't exist. The ENFP tried to escape but always got confronted with be strong and stand up for yourself. And it became something I did well. In my late teens I had to do the exploring myself to really discover myself. The problem was not that I wasn't treated well, but that I had a great family which just didn't correspond to my way of being or reinforce it in any way.

They say we type mimic well. And sometimes we walk more than 1000 miles in their shoes. Sometimes we have trouble taking them off again. I am not a Ti but I can be one, reluctantly these days because I know the true part of me it oppressed. I spent so long trying to find a way within the framework of my surroundings that it took a long time to get out. I'm a classic ENFP and I would sooner roll around on the floor laughing or go a group hug. :hug: :) But instead I am still stuck in a science field. How changing fields changes me in the next year will be interesting.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
I voted ENFP because of the things you've written in your blog. No way that came from anyone but another ENFP. :)

I was always really good at math and science too, so I don't think that rules out ENFP at all.

Maybe I grew up in a family that never recognised the value of contact between people. Or Fi. Hugs just didn't exist.

That's probably it right there. My family was the same way, so I grew up acting way more T than F. There was nothing abusive or neglectful, we just didn't discuss feelings...ever. I mean, I had to say "I love you" to my parents and all that, but it was more like a social ritual than anything with emotion behind it.

And I don't think all ENFPs have to be super-sensitive and get offended by inappropriate jokes. My sense of humor is pretty sick and twisted at times too.

I spent so long trying to find a way within the framework of my surroundings that it took a long time to get out.

That sounds familiar too - I had to move out of town before I got it all figured out. I definitely think it's because we're so good at mimicing other types. I tend to reflect the people I have around me, which is really annoying when you're stuck with all xSTx family members. All the feely stuff is still under the surface, but it doesn't come out because we adapt to the mode of communication everyone else is using.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

Yeh, the ISTP in my family probably causes me to stay in my place the most, but is also the one I look up to the most. They are awesome, just hard to feel totally free around without giving up part of yourself as an ENFP. I just don't move as quickly action wise and in the moment as a Ti Se. And there is a definiteness than makes the philosophical pondering rather useless.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I can totally relate. Changing fields, is absolutely something worth mentioning.. When we go through transitional phases in our lives (career or major life changes- death in a family, death of a relationship- ex bf/gf or gf/gf..yada yada), we won't necessarily be our best selves all the time. During this period, things seem a bit unclear.. it's natural. I firmly believe that attitudes & behaviors change according to situations, hence, the transition phases; personalities, at core, do not.

I also grew up in a household where emotions weren't expressed that well either. Mom was (still is) an F, but wasn't the type who was 'motherly' lovey, dovey, "coo" type. Not at all. To others she was though.. It was ALL tough love for me.

(I take back what I mentioned earlier.. somewhat). We can trust those we're closest to... Here's the big "B" word- BUT if they're our guardians (parents, caretakers), be careful with their descriptions about us. Often times, I find that parents *try* to shape and mold us into something *they* want us to be (to fulfill *their* dreams), rather than let us be who we really are at heart. (That's a form of DISRESPECT). Other times, some parents are clueless. Some don't even know how to read their own kids! For the fortunate ones, the ones with well-attuned parents who give unconditional love- I would trust their responses a bit more.

One thing I find that helps is to ask:
1. When was the time that I was my MOST happiest self? (True and untouched)
2. How was it like? Which temperamental pattens did I most prefer?
3. How did I interact with other children?? What were some of my favorite topics in class? What moved me? What moved others about me? (So many me's, I know- it's Silly).
4. What books did I read? What attracted me to them? Why?
5. Who were my inspirational figures? What were their personalties like?? How would I type them?? A lot of the times, we admire role-models who exhibit personalities similar to ours.

(Btw, - I don't think all kids are ENFPs. Clearly, there are some kids who are naturally more introverted than others- they're happy with it- And, the misconception people have about kids always bouncing off walls, hyperly happy isn't true. Some kids weren't as excited as children, but that made them happy. In their own eyes, they made sense of the world differently. That's who they are).

Like you, I went through a phase where I was confused about who I was prior to finding out about myself.. why I didn't 'fit in,' why nothing around me made sense. It was mostly due to growing up in a predominantly ESTJ household that caused my confusion.. being told I wasn't 'good enough' that I needed to be more demure, less wearing my heart on my sleeves. First time I found out my scores (my career counselor had me take the test/assessment), I never felt SO RELIEVED my entire life! My ENFP results made sense to me (and to him).. It was clear as day! That's when I was able to wake up and walk away from the negative environment that kept me emotionally imprisoned during those years. Other times, I felt uncertain about myself, because I was still in the 'break away' phase that left me uneasy. I hope I'm understanding the situation correctly, because I definitely knew how it once felt!

Separate yourself from the environment for now.. Dissociate any influencing factors. Take a break from everything. Think about the time when you felt at most PEACE with yourself, what made most sense. Listen to your heart. That doesn't mean, we're choosing preference over T or F. When I say that, I mean physically see how your body responds when you really listen to that inner kid inside you and ask, "Who am I, Truly??" when asking the questions above. Once the conclusions are clearer, the answer should feel right, physiologically. No hesitations. No tight feelings in your chest. Think of it as a form meditation (I don't know how to meditate... I assume) that by doing so, it's like relaxation that helps you to really 'center' yourself (corny, but true, haha).

Noigmn, I really do think you're truly an ENFP.. but then again, it's really hard to get a 'complete' read through text/the internet. I know I have friends who I know I wouldn't be friends with if I based their personalities through our e-mail conversations. I think ultimately, the only person who knows the answer is the person buried deep within. Caffeine high.. Sorry so long. I had tons of green tea today that I'm still super wide awake! It's killing me.. Ok, I'll stop now.. :doh::)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Thanks Viv. In my most happy and strong times I engage people. The more content I am with life the better person I become normally, and the more I have to give. I want to make the world a better place, and pass on whatever good vibes I've inherited.

Answers to the questions: :)
When was the time that I was my MOST happiest self?
2. How was it like? fun and inspiring
Which temperamental pattens did I most prefer? Feeling and engaging people
3. How did I interact with other children?? As a child: I loved lunch time, normally was just uber-involved, playful, a bit mischievous, loved everyone (no time for the issues), liked bending the rules, though was self-conscious about it.
What were some of my favorite topics in class? Sport, Maths, computer games :), I liked teachers who engaged though.
What moved me? Not much. Didn't like being in trouble though. Felt I'd let people down.
What moved others about me? Hyperactive, dependable, idiotic, evil ideas :).
4. What books did I read? I don't read much at all. It's strange. But I have read a lot. Most books I was introduced to were by my parents. Maybe from what an INFJ and INTP offered I enjoyed them, but never found what inspired me enough to stop and read rather than go enjoy myself doing something else.
What attracted me to them? Why?
5. Who were my inspirational figures? John Lennon, sports stars (some not the best personalities, but I can keep that separate and admire them for their sporting skill. I do love selfless team players who aren't the big shot showy types though, especially when they have more effect on the game than the stars.), scientists, those who were the best in their fields and offerred something beyond the normal.
What were their personalties like?? Some great people, some admired for their talents and what they brought to the world on a larger than personal level.
How would I type them?? INFP, ENTP, INTP, probably all are NFs and NPs, though I like some INTJs and ENFJs too. Maybe just all Ns, so it doesn't help much.

I just took the mypersonality test, and I was really clear on all my answers. Was guessing I'd end up being a thinker because in a lot of areas I default to the thinking preference, but my focus is always people and effect on them. I think I'm just an ENFP with a stronger thinking side. The extroversion amount was interesting too, because I don't normally test that extroverted, but looking how I approach things, I think it is correct.

122055.png

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, cognitively, Introversion/Extraversion is the only letter that can be X because introversion/extraversion is a spectrum. N/S, F/T and P/J determine your cognative functions and there order in terms of nature preference. if you are ENFP, your Feeling is introverted and your Thinking is extraverted. if you are ENTP, your Feeling is extraverted and your Thinking introverted. given these are different functions seperate from each other, being an XNXP would be impossible. the same would be true of ESFP and ENFP. with ENFP/ENFJ both Intuition and Feeling would be reversed in terms of extraversion
as for INFP and ENFP the only difference is functions 1&2 switch places as well as 3&4,5&6, and 7&8. if you were ambiverted, your primary and auxilary functions would be of equal preference as would your teritary and inferior preference and functions 5&6 and 7&8. I am an XNFP and score equally on Ne and Fi as well as with Te and Si. although, technically, ambiverts (XNFPs, XNTPs etc) are generally listed among introverts, therefore, I would considered an INFP. hope this helps =P

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i can see you as ENFP for sure. i'm pretty close to introverted too. personally i usually associate more with INFx or ENTP than other ENFPs or ESFPs.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
well, cognitively, Introversion/Extraversion is the only letter that can be X because introversion/extraversion is a spectrum. N/S, F/T and P/J determine your cognative functions and there order in terms of nature preference. if you are ENFP, your Feeling is introverted and your Thinking is extraverted. if you are ENTP, your Feeling is extraverted and your Thinking introverted. given these are different functions seperate from each other, being an XNXP would be impossible. the same would be true of ESFP and ENFP. with ENFP/ENFJ both Intuition and Feeling would be reversed in terms of extraversion
as for INFP and ENFP the only difference is functions 1&2 switch places as well as 3&4,5&6, and 7&8. if you were ambiverted, your primary and auxilary functions would be of equal preference as would your teritary and inferior preference and functions 5&6 and 7&8. I am an XNFP and score equally on Ne and Fi as well as with Te and Si. although, technically, ambiverts (XNFPs, XNTPs etc) are generally listed among introverts, therefore, I would considered an INFP. hope this helps =P

:). I hadn't posted in this thread for a year and a half. I think when I posted it the X could be thought of as a question mark. If there is no way to call it, you don't call it. Or at least that's how my mind works. It causes trouble for the hard core theoreticians but if someone is unsure which of two types they are, it is an okay compromise. ie. I can read ENFx as maybe ENFP maybe ENFJ. They'll never be both at once, but they might be either, and the probabilities from what they know are equal. The ambivert part is interesting though. I wonder why they chose introverted. Or did they just need to put it in one category if it was hung so defaulted to it?

Last edited:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
i can see you as ENFP for sure. i'm pretty close to introverted too. personally i usually associate more with INFx or ENTP than other ENFPs or ESFPs.

Yeh, I actually have found myself escaping really extroverted excitable people recently. I like the quiet times and the slow pace.