• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pretend i dont know what my type is

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
Allegedly INTP. But just for fun have a go at typing me. Right. Um. Here i go.

1. Live in my head. Daydream. Analyze (even my emotions).
2. Leave things to the last minute; especially anything of work/responsibiltiy. school homework was a good example.
3. Start things but rarely carry through. Many clubs i have joined.....
4. Have 2 friends; one i would describe as close (ENFP).
5. Dont make friends easily & when i do they make friends with me.
6. Have been told im hard to get to know.
7. Not a big fan of soaps. I prefer fantasy/sci-fi/horror/crime.
8. Rarely smile & yes ive had the "cheer up it might never happen".
9. Can be alone for long periods of time & not miss human company.
10. After being alone for long periods it takes me a couple of days to acclimatise to other people.
11. I'd rather be with a group of people i know, or feel comfortable with, in a pub having interesting discussions than in a noisy club.
12. In any company i can switch off or "go into myself".
13. I might be the untidiest & most disorganised person i know.
14. My best subjects at school were foreign languages, English Language & Literature & Art.
15 My worst were Maths & Geography.
16. Much of my childhood was spent in libraries or at least spent with my head in a book or comic (from the age of 3). Thank you, Grandpa, for the Marvel comics.
17. Id like to put a smiley on here somewhere but i dont know what emoticon to use.
18. Im fascinated by things like astrophysics & quantum physics.
19. Sometimes an idea will come into my head, often from nowhere, & it will make a lot of sense. To me anyway.
20. I find it hard to initiate or continue your normal daily conversations with people.
21. I hate it when people ask me "Any gossip?". No. I dont listen to it as it's none of my business thankyouverymuch.
22. This is me on the outside:-:mellow::coffee::
23. This is me on the inside:- :devil: :huh::ranting::blink::doh::censored:
24. Im better at saying what i want to say in writing or online than i am by speaking. It avoids all the pauses & the ums & aahs & searching for the right word etc.
25. Thought id have hundreds of things to list but that's all i can think of for now. Thanking you in advance for your opinions.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
For all I know you do sound INTP, but for the hell of it I'll go ahead and mention the areas that people will probably pick as evidence to convince you otherwise.

1. The part where you mentioned analyzing your emotions. This is typically an activity associated (rightly or wrongly) with feelers.

2. The part where you mentioned that you are calm on the outside, but experiencing a range of emotions on the inside. I don't know if that was a serious post (or posts), but assuming that it is, this is also something that is fairly stereotypical of introverted feelers.

Someone might also mention (ignorantly, I think) that your best subjects seem to be the stereotypically NF subjects, and that your worst subjects are stereotypically NT subjects, lending itself to the conclusion that you are NF.

I don't think any of this personally, but you might hear these things. I just wanted to post them first so that I didn't have to go through the annoyance of seeing them later in the thread when I knew they would come up from the beginning.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does this mean i have to like clouds & wainbows & unicorns & fluffy wuffy bunny wabbits? :shock:

Yes. I was going to say INFP but was completely thrown off by the fact that you didn't mention fluffy wuffy bunny wabbits.

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
For all I know you do sound INTP, but for the hell of it I'll go ahead and mention the areas that people will probably pick as evidence to convince you otherwise.

1. The part where you mentioned analyzing your emotions. This is typically an activity associated (rightly or wrongly) with feelers.

2. The part where you mentioned that you are calm on the outside, but experiencing a range of emotions on the inside. I don't know if that was a serious post (or posts), but assuming that it is, this is also something that is fairly stereotypical of introverted feelers.

Someone might also mention (ignorantly, I think) that your best subjects seem to be the stereotypically NF subjects, and that your worst subjects are stereotypically NT subjects, lending itself to the conclusion that you are NF.

I don't think any of this personally, but you might hear these things. I just wanted to post them first so that I didn't have to go through the annoyance of seeing them later in the thread when I knew they would come up from the beginning.

Interesting points. The emotions post was semi serious. But they're just below the surface. Most of the time i dont show any emotion. I dont even singalong etc at gigs. You'd never know i was actually enjoying. And when im in a bad mood i put on a neutral mood front & the only person who knows how i really feel is my closest friend. And even then it's a flat "Im in a bad mood". And sometimes my moods are doing this internally:- :sleeping:
Did a quick bit of reading lunchtime & i can agree with the avoiding conflict but not with the drive to make the world a better place. I'll have to go back & highlight the bits that apply or dont apply to me in the INFP description. In the meantime i'll stay INTP until i decide whether to T or F myself. Im open to any questions & suggestions :)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does this mean i have to like clouds & wainbows & unicorns & fluffy wuffy bunny wabbits? :shock:
There are plenty of "darker" INFPs, I'm sure, if that's more to your liking.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
INT, identified by weaker F. You want to express emotions but you're not adept at it.

redacted

INT, identified by weaker F. You want to express emotions but you're not adept at it.

It's possible to be an F and be incredibly inept at expressing emotions. Expression is by definition in the realm of extroversion.

So an INFP could have underdeveloped Ne and not be able to express Fi judgments. Or an INFJ could have underdeveloped Fe.

Either way, that distinction doesn't really get you anywhere with introverts. (And not necessarily with extroverts either...)

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
So my lack of expressing emotions doesnt really tell me anything. The Feeling part, though, isnt that how i make my decisions? I do consider how it would affect those i care about but other people not so much. But even then i prefer to remain detached emotionally so that i can at least try & make an informed decision.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
So my lack of expressing emotions doesnt really tell me anything. The Feeling part, though, isnt that how i make my decisions?
Yeah, for an INFP more decisions are F than T.

I do consider how it would affect those i care about but other people not so much. But even then i prefer to remain detached emotionally so that i can at least try & make an informed decision.
This can be true for INFPs. What would lead me to call you INFP over INTP is that you ponder it.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
It's possible to be an F and be incredibly inept at expressing emotions. Expression is by definition in the realm of extroversion.

So an INFP could have underdeveloped Ne and not be able to express Fi judgments. Or an INFJ could have underdeveloped Fe.

Either way, that distinction doesn't really get you anywhere with introverts. (And not necessarily with extroverts either...)

No, I don't mean expressing emotions as showing it physically to others. I mean expressing emotions as knowing what you (Fi) or others (Fe) are feeling. Most NFs are able to describe their emotions in words. I'm not getting much sense of that from Welsh... Especially not for an INFP with Fi dominant. That's why I'm not buying it.