• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My roommate?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would like you guys to try to type my roomate.... she's kinda weird so its hard to know. She sits in her room a lot talking on the phone, (most of the day), works 6-7 days a week, is really messy, and loves clothes and fashion, music and tv.. ( I can't think of any other interests) She's 26. These facts alone point to a bad ISFP/ESFP to me..

But on top of this, she has kind of a rude and sarcastic sense of humor. She makes fun of the way people talk in conversation, she likes to pick fights with people, (she slashed someones tires who was in our parking space once!!) And she's very guarded to me. I don't have much to back that up except for her voice and her laugh.. She always seems pretty nervous and uptight. And I don't think she sleeps.

Oh, and she seems intimidated by me, and I'm not sure what I do to make her feel that way. (I'm just being nice and friendly all the time.)

(I know the desrciption is not thorough by any means but maybe you can work with it)
Seems like some other type living in her shadow.... I don't know. Help! (I need to go maybe I can add more examples later..)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could be ESFJ. That description loosely fits the two I know (even the messiness).

Or maybe ESTP...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFJ was my first impression too. She's got that tough on the outside warm and fuzzy on the inside vibe. But she seems to be always running late and frazzled. She doesn't seem to have much of an objective in life, and gets really overwhelmed by deadlines. Which is what scared me away from J..

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(This is probably a quirk rather than a type thing) The other really odd thing about my roomate is that when I'm speaking to her, I feel like I have to dumb down the conversation a bit. She asks "what do you mean?" a lot when it seemed plain and simple. Like this is a classic example, she wants to go to the nursing school I'm going to, and I told her all the paper work she would need to hand in, and then I said, "The paperwork is due by February 28th. They will give you a list of everything you need at orientation." and I get a, "What do yuo mean, a list of what things?" But at the same time I guess when she went to school to be a medtech she got like a 3.9 GPA~ so I don't get it.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I would second the ESTP notion. I don't know if I know many ESTPs though. That and people like the one you described usually make me run for the hills. It seems that the E and the P are pretty definite, though.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(This is probably a quirk rather than a type thing) The other really odd thing about my roomate is that when I'm speaking to her, I feel like I have to dumb down the conversation a bit. She asks "what do you mean?" a lot when it seemed plain and simple. Like this is a classic example, she wants to go to the nursing school I'm going to, and I told her all the paper work she would need to hand in, and then I said, "The paperwork is due by February 28th. They will give you a list of everything you need at orientation." and I get a, "What do yuo mean, a list of what things?" But at the same time I guess when she went to school to be a medtech she got like a 3.9 GPA~ so I don't get it.
It sounds like what she's asking is for you to be more specific. I think I do that sometimes, too. What it means is that I think you may be on to something with the S+J combination.

Kollin

MBTI Type
INXP
maybe she wasn't sure what you were talking about...I do that too when someone starts talking about something and I have no clue what he/she is talking about...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^yea, but it happens all the time, and only with her.. I could give more examples but it wouldn't help me type her I don't think.. The more I think about her the more confusing she is..

I think the only obvious thing about her is that she's a sensor

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
Hi shortnsweet

I feel a bit uncomfortable typing people (so often behaviours are part of 'things' that people are going through - if that makes sense) But the messiness, sarcasm, temper, love of possessions and short concentration span (not misunderstanding things but can't be bothered to listen if its about things they find boring!) sound like the only estp I know when he's under stress - when he's not under the same stress not he's great fun and very laid back and easy going and generous
I remember sharing a room with a room mate I found really difficult - its not an ideal situation - we learnt to tolerate each other and be polite but we were never friends.
hope it goes well