• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I would really appreciate your typing about me

Fukuro

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=26960]Fukuro[/MENTION]

Also check this old post. I think there's important info there about enne 9 vs enne 4 difference

[Enneagram Type 4] - Type 4 vs. Type 9? | Personality Cafe

What I notice in that post is:

1 - Perfection (Read all these words with a "the need" in front, such as the need for perfection)
2 - Hospitality
3 - Grandiosity
4 - Authenticity
5 - Competence
6 - Loyalty
7 - Opportunity
8 - Control
9 - Harmony

Also from the same post, cannot grasp what they mean by foggy sense of self personally though so you 9s should check if it resonates:

I was pretty sure on being a 9 beforehand but with this thread I am even more sure. I can totally relate to the Foggy sense of self-identity.

With your statement about the INFP I might be inclined to say that I could relate more to that. I can totally understand the change of expression in the face. This is something I only can hide after a few seconds passed.

yeghor

I was pretty sure on being a 9 beforehand but with this thread I am even more sure. I can totally relate to the Foggy sense of self-identity.

With your statement about the INFP I might be inclined to say that I could relate more to that. I can totally understand the change of expression in the face. This is something I only can hide after a few seconds passed.

The thing is INFPs would not choose to become policeperson, even if they did choose they would be very poor at it as well as physical confrontation. They are more like hippies and stoners and new age stuff type of people. (all Fi people actually)

Fukuro

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The thing is INFPs would not choose to become policeperson, even if they did choose they would be very poor at it as well as physical confrontation. They are more like hippies and stoners and new age stuff type of people. (all Fi people actually)

OK that is an interesting statement. What do you think of ENFP or INFJ then? I have to say that I saw alot of cops who would be very poor in a physical confrontation, especially most of the female ones (not only because of the physic). But what I definitely noticed is that I am maybe not the stereotypical cop compared to most of my colleagues. Are you from USA? I think its very different to be a cop in Germany compared to the US. And right now I'm a Cop doing IT stuff.

Like I said in my first post I wanted to go to the police because of more diversity in the job. My work before was so monotonous and did not mean anything to me. Second point was the financial stability aswell as the gradual rising of my money without the hassle to bargain for some rise and I can't be fired (there are some exceptions)

yeghor

OK that is an interesting statement. What do you think of ENFP or INFJ then? I have to say that I saw alot of cops who would be very poor in a physical confrontation, especially most of the female ones (not only because of the physic). But what I definitely noticed is that I am maybe not the stereotypical cop compared to most of my colleagues. Are you from USA? I think its very different to be a cop in Germany compared to the US. And right now I'm a Cop doing IT stuff.

ENFP is also a Fi-type, they would also be hippielike. I am not from USA.

INFJs would not make good cops either. They are cerebral types and they would not have trouble with theoretical stuff, you mentioned earlier you did not like the theoretical stuff during cop training. But they would still feel at unease in police workplace. Police workplace is more of an sensing thinking environment.

What kind of IT stuff? What does it involve?

Fukuro

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Sry I edited my post above again while you replied :shrug:
I'm in Video surveillance and anything that has to do with videothemes. Some things you are only allowed to do as a cop lawwise.

Sry for the edit again I hope you read this. I think you might interpret to much into my physical traits. While I did alot of sport in my childhood and knew to stand my ground I was never into sport just for the sake of physical exercise. I really like games where you compete against others and I always want to win. It has to be a direct Duel so not like a fitness tournament or a marathon. I really like to win and when I did it was most often not because of my physical traits. I didn't like the weight training, the running or the swimming in my training. What I liked was Beach volleyball, soccer and team-related stuff.

yeghor

Sry I edited my post above again while you replied :shrug:
I'm in Video surveillance and anything that has to do with videothemes. Some things you are only allowed to do as a cop lawwise.

I am still under the impression you are an Si-dominant type. Either ISTJ or ISFJ. Intuitive thinkers are good at coding software and high level mathematics physics. Video surveillance is more like a sensing based task.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am still under the impression you are an Si-dominant type. Either ISTJ or ISFJ. Intuitive thinkers are good at coding software and high level mathematics physics. Video surveillance is more like a sensing based task.

Craving diversity doesn't fit well with the routine nature of Si, though?

Fukuro

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ok I won't edit anymore I'm sry I did it again. . I will wait a bit and think longer. I wouldn't be hot at coding software or high level mathematics but intuitive thinkers are NT or? I thought I am an atleast XXFX. I'm for sure no ISTJ. You could absolutely be right but what I thought of Se is that I actively see my surroundings. When I go out I'm either focused on the other person be or a friend or my SO or, and thats most often, I am totally stuck in my head. And one trait of Si is in my opinion to remember alot of details of my past. I have such a bad memory. In school everything was in my short-term memory.

On the cognitive function type test which I did several times above and albeit getting different results in the intuition area, I always got bad sensation results on any test I ever did. But this could be the foggy self identication of the 9 be who doesn't know himself.
And I don't want to say that I'm not isfj (the description isnt something I would say no to directly) I just want to be sure and analyze from different angles. One thing I learnt in this thread here that an enfp 9 could be way more introvert any maybe wouldn't seen to be an enfp so much. Of course if the first three replies said for sure you are this xyz type. I would say alright thank you very much and would love on. BTW your view of the intp I read several times is one thing why I didn't say that I'm an infp for sure. ISFJ is still in the run :) and sensing as well.

yeghor

Ok I won't edit anymore I'm sry I did it again. . I will wait a bit and think longer. I wouldn't be hot at coding software or high level mathematics but intuitive thinkers are NT or? I thought I am an atleast XXFX. I'm for sure no ISTJ. You could absolutely be right but what I thought of Se is that I actively see my surroundings. When I go out I'm either focused on the other person be or a friend or my SO or, and thats most often, I am totally stuck in my head. And one trait of Si is in my opinion to remember alot of details of my past. I have such a bad memory. In school everything was in my short-term memory.

On the cognitive function type which I did several types above and albeit getting different results in the intuition area, I always got bad sensation results on any test I ever did. But this could be the foggy self identication of the 9 be who doesn't know himself.
And I don't want to say that I'm not isfj (the description isnt something I would say no to directly) I just want to be sure and analyze from different angles. One thing I learnt in this thread here that an enfp 9 could be way more introvert any maybe wouldn't seen to be an enfp so much. Of course if the first three replies said for sure you are this xyz type. I would say alright thank you very much and would love on. BTW your view of the intp I read several times is one thing why I didn't say that I'm an infp for sure. ISFJ is still in the run :) and sensing as well.

I think you are a sensor. I do not have any other leads left to follow :D Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it would if they were trying to develop their inferior function.

Fukuro

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Yes that's one thing aswell and I have a question. I am a person who really likes to travel and atleast 1 time a year it has to be far away or exotic. One thing I want is to travel to different countries each time. Would a SI dominant not want to travel more often to the same country he had good memories with? Or is that just a preference mbti doesn't have to do with.?

yeghor

Yes that's one thing aswell and I have a question. I am a person who really likes to travel and atleast 1 time a year it has to be far away or exotic. One thing I want is to travel to different countries each time. Would a SI dominant not want to travel more often to the same country he had good memories with? Or is that just a preference mbti doesn't have to do with.?

Si dominant types can act like Se dominant types from time to time. The functions order is static but their directions are fluid, they may change depending on the circumstance. An ISFJ for instance can come out of his/her shell an act like an ESFP momentarily several times within the day. ESFP = ISFJ turned inside out function wise.

That means an Si-dominant type would also crave Se type experiences and nourishment.

Fukuro

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
OK sounds interesting :). One point for your sensory theory is that I learn new things better practical then theoretical.
But the best way for me is an open discussion like here.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not think INFPs would show mercy anyone to who cross with their value system. If the are environmentalists for instance (Greate Thunberg maybe), they would hate anyone who are at odds with their value system.

trump-greta-rt-jt-191230_hpMain_2_4x3t_608.jpg

Check below to see how her face changes when Trump enters.

Greta Thunberg's eyes on Trump as he arrives at UN summit | World News | Sky News

Indeed.

I guess I think the area to be careful is in that, for myself, as a Fi dom, there are instances where compassion and empathy are a strong value. And I would feel compassion for someone if I saw some redeeming humanity. And then there are the instances where I would death glare at Trump. Lol

Regarding 4 vs 9, I'm not sure whether you meant to quote me in that post?

There are many awful descriptions of 4 which are actually describing 6s and 9s. 4s are an image type and they are concerned with authenticity, but they're also concerned with appearing authentic and unique, in wallowing in the negative that they think makes them unique and special. For 9s, there's a kind of naivete where they are what they are, and I'd compare that fogginess more to their tendency to mold around whatever is in their environment unconsciously, like a fog around solid objects.

Fukuro

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Indeed.

I guess I think the area to be careful is in that, for myself, as a Fi dom, there are instances where compassion and empathy are a strong value. And I would feel compassion for someone if I saw some redeeming humanity. And then there are the instances where I would death glare at Trump. Lol

Regarding 4 vs 9, I'm not sure whether you meant to quote me in that post?

There are many awful descriptions of 4 which are actually describing 6s and 9s. 4s are an image type and they are concerned with authenticity, but they're also concerned with appearing authentic and unique, in wallowing in the negative that they think makes them unique and special. For 9s, there's a kind of naivete where they are what they are, and I'd compare that fogginess more to their tendency to mold around whatever is in their environment unconsciously, like a fog around solid objects.

While I know what you mean with naivity, for me the fogginess isn't just molding with the environment. It's like for every question I have about my true inner self I have to analysis objectively from outside my behaviour because I just don't know from inside or atleast have great difficulties. I don't feel like a shapeshifter at all.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I quoted you in response to your question below. Though I would expect you to be a type 4 if you are an Fi-dom, so I thought maybe you might wanna check that post from personality cafe as well for some extra information.

I would really appreciate your typing about me

From my point of view, Fi and 9 fit together very well:

9 is a gut type, having a very sensitive inner scale. For me, what's being weighed is Fi judgments, along with other things of course like Fe, Si, and Ti, but it's those Fi values that weigh the heaviest and require more action on my part to rebalance the scale. That scale when balanced, allows a sense of harmony.

yeghor

From my point of view, Fi and 9 fit together very well:

9 is a gut type, having a very sensitive inner scale. For me, what's being weighed is Fi judgments, along with other things of course like Fe, Si, and Ti, but it's those Fi values that weigh the heaviest and require more action on my part to rebalance the scale. That scale when balanced, allows a sense of harmony.

Enneagram 9 is of the gut triad and not the heart triad, then isn't it being associated with a feeling function a bit of an inconsistency?

Fukuro

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Without having a profound understanding about the whole thematic but wouldn't gut relate to Intuition?

yeghor

Yes. My view is that it applies to both intuition and sensing functions in MBTI.

Do You Make Decisions Through your Belly, Heart or Head?

I like to imagine Bruce Willis' character, the Overseer, in the Unbreakable Movie as an ISFJ too. He could be an ISTJ as well but he feels a bit more caring and empathic then an ISTJ. The visions he get, I wanna liken them to gut visions S-doms would get from people. (or the Paladin's detect evil ability)