• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tired of not knowing my MBTI type after 7 years of research! Am I an ENTJ or what?

What is my MBTI Type?

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

• ISFJ

• ISFP

• INFJ

• INFP

• INTJ

• INTP

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ENFP

• ENFJ

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ENTP

• ENTJ

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

sofiannam

I'm 22F and most tests indicate that I am an ENTJ. Lately, some of them show I'm an ESTJ and there was a period in my life that I was typed as an ENFP. I've also been typed as an INTJ. What I believe is that I'm most likely an ExxJ, but I'm not ruling out the possibility to be an Introvert or even a Perceiver.

I'm once again stuck and unsure about my personality type. I'll try to describe myself, but I really don't know if I "know" myself anymore and that's the problem. Sometimes, I don't even know If I'm describing myself the way I want it to be, the way I used to be or exactly as it is right now. And this uncertainty is only getting worse, now with the quarantine and pandemic...

Anyway, here are some (most people would say TOO many) facts about me:

• I'm studying Biotechnology in the University,
  • I love researching things, all kinds of things (I mean it ALL KINDS) and I'm very curious.
  • I always have multiple tabs open at Google Chrome (from 10 to 50+, maybe even 100 (in my worse)), going from one topic to another and so on. I've many bookmarks and I always keep things to "read later". I'm trying to keep them organised, but sometimes it gets out of hand.
  • I’m a huge procrastinator (I think because of fear of failure and perfectionism)
  • I'm also easily irritated by stupidity and ignorance (everyone else is stupid and not good enough right??? Just kidding... or am I?), although I try to be more understanding of people lately and not judge that much
  • I sometimes find myself overwhelmed by huge crowds. The reason I say this is because people tend to not move on my pace. Actually, that's the problem. I expect people to act like I would act, I want them to act like I think they should act... And then I get disappointed because they obviously don't... (I just want to point out that this was true for me even before the pandemic)
  • I love going out with my friends (clubs, bars, restaurants anything)
  • I like playing games (all kinds of them) with my friends and my family
  • I believe I'm funny, at least that's the impression I get from people. I make them laugh with my humour. I don't tell jokes so much, I just joke about myself (self-deprecating humour), tease everybody, make puns and lots of other stuff.
  • I get emotional with dramatic movies (sometimes) and sad music (I'm somehow an expressive singer my self so I guess that has to do with my artistic side), and tragic stories at the news sometimes affect me emotionally.
  • However, I sometimes appear cold and I'm blunt, straight forward, especially with my friends, boyfriend and family, and when something bothers me I don't hesitate to point it out (but it depends on who I'm talking to, I try to be polite with people I don't know very well)
  • I hate lies and can't tell lies my self, and I really appreciate sincere people.
  • I LOVE singing (I'm taking vocal lessons and I'll acquire my diploma this year hopefully), playing musical instruments, acting, dancing (performing arts in general) and I would love to play in a musical one day (or multiple musicals) and do voice-overs for animation films
  • I'm quite melancholic and nostalgic, I love browsing through old family albums, photos and videos.
  • I like walking really fast and I get annoyed by people who don't. I also hate when people stand in the left side of the escalator and don't leave room for others to walk their way up
  • I hate people who don't care about others, who don't think about others, who don't follow rules, who are uncivilized etc.
  • I criticise people (both others and my self) (I've managed to reduce the criticism a lot these past few years after finishing high school, however that side of me still shows from time to time. Let's not even talk about the thoughts I don't vocalise)
  • I'm a perfectionist in a bad way --> procrastination (all or nothing approach since I entered university (I'm in a science field that I love (biotechnology), however I find it difficult to do everything that I'm supposed to, I find it difficult to concentrate but once I do everything is better))
  • I used to get straight A's without trying in all of my school years, I was first in my class and I was the best in almost everything.
  • I hate spelling mistakes and I'm a grammar nazi (in my mother tongue, I know I've made multiple mistakes here, my English have become somewhat rusty after so many years have passed since acquiring the certificate of Proficiency in English)
  • I believe in schedules and I love organising things (I couldn't live without my e-agenda), I just sometimes have a rough time sticking to it
  • I have an eye for detail and everybody relies on me for that. I want everything perfect from the biggest picture to the smallest detail and i don't compromise for anything less than that.
  • Most of the times the hours of the day aren't enough for the things I want to do and I end up saying I wish I had more time. But the thing is... I believe that has to do with all the electronics that surround us and make us lose our focus and meet our goals to the fullest.
  • I believe I'm ambitious, however I have somehow lost my faith in me and have a lack of motivation these past few years... I also sometimes appear modest, but in reality all I want to do is shout about my achievements, talents and awesome skills and I do that from time to time. I just can't help it.
  • I tend to over analyse things, I over do it... I spend hours going over things and I also have a hard time making decisions. I want to consider everything before acting. However, most of the times i have a feeling, an instinct about what is the best thing to do (so I improvise too), but I'm never 100% sure about how things will come out and that kills me (another trait about me: I want to be sure about things and do not like taking risks most of the times)
  • I also tend to be really good at many things from the moment I try them for the first time, but I rarely exceed to something. I think when it starts needing hard work I somehow stop trying, I believe I'm not good enough to make it. I think that if you can’t do it with minimal effort you’re not worth it. But talent isn't enough. Hard work is essential...
  • I've spent some years now believing from time to time that I was suffering from depression. I've search it a lot and the idea can't get out of my mind. I used to be happier... I used to enjoy life... those are some thoughts I have from time to time. I don't know if I am depressed or if I ever was (I really don't and didn't have a reason to be, but as we know depression doesn't make exceptions, everything can be perfectly fine in your life and you can still feel empty, numb, sad or I don't know what else). The reason that I added this bullet is to take into account that too. I believe depression can make a mbti type showcase traits from another mbti type.

Furthermore, I think my boyfriend of 3 years is an ENFP, I've made him take tests and after a lot of reading from various sources I think that's what suits him best. How can I be almost sure about my boyfriend's type, and not about mine?

What type am I for god's sake and why do I have such an urge to know? When I was younger I thought I was so damn special, so ahead of my time, mature, superior... But I was also kind and polite.

I know I'm droning on about all these, but I want or even better I NEED to ask each and everyone of you that has been through the same frustration to help me clear this out once and for all.

Thank you and please help me! I really need this.

yeghor

1) Do this test and paste the enneagram scores please My Enneagram Test

2) Paste a photo of a movie/tv or anime character that you identify yourself with (Note: not someone you aspire to be).

3) If you play roleplaying games or any multiclass game, what kind of character classes/types do you usually play? Why?

4) What do you mostly enjoy doing in your free time nowadays?

sofiannam

1) View attachment 23021 (If you can't see it clearly please tell me)

2) I must say that this question, about the character I identify with the most, is a bit difficult for me to answer. For example, fantasy characters always amazed me, that's why I love all the popular fantasy book and movie series like Harry Potter, The Inheritance Cycle, Star Wars and love "Zero to Hero" plots. As regards specific characters, in Harry Potter, for example I feel that I'm more like Hermione Granger. What else...? Hmm, well, I recently watched How I Met Your Mother and I believe that I'm somehow like Ted, always trying to correct others and bring up the intellectual level. But... I can't really choose a photo from a certain character, it's difficult for me to choose only one.

3) I'm not playing any games nowadays, but when I did play I chose "Mage/Magician", "Elf", the "beautiful" and good ones etc. Also, when I played Sims I always tried to max out the skills of my Sims and chose traits like genius etc, I don't know if that helps.

4) Nowadays, I mostly just sit around and think about all the things I should be doing and I end up doing nothing, in other words I'm constantly procrastinating (it's holidays season here). I feel awful and guilty about it and every assignment and due date that I have is sitting heavy on my shoulders. However, I feel really unmotivated to even start them. But what I find enjoyable is singing and especially performing in front of others, like my family. I also, browse the internet and search about various topics, whatever it comes to my mind and I watch a movie or a series' episode from time to time. Nothing special really... Oh, and I've recently tried to bring exercise into my life, although I'm pretty slim, just to be more healthy. I also like organising things and doing both physical and digital declutter.

yeghor

1) View attachment 23021 (If you can't see it clearly please tell me)

2) I must say that this question, about the character I identify with the most, is a bit difficult for me to answer. For example, fantasy characters always amazed me, that's why I love all the popular fantasy book and movie series like Harry Potter, The Inheritance Cycle, Star Wars and love "Zero to Hero" plots. As regards specific characters, in Harry Potter, for example I feel that I'm more like Hermione Granger. What else...? Hmm, well, I recently watched How I Met Your Mother and I believe that I'm somehow like Ted, always trying to correct others and bring up the intellectual level. But... I can't really choose a photo from a certain character, it's difficult for me to choose only one.

3) I'm not playing any games nowadays, but when I did play I chose "Mage/Magician", "Elf", the beautiful and good ones etc. Also, when I played Sims I always tried to max out the skills of my Sims and chose traits like genius etc, I don't know if that helps.

4) Nowadays, I mostly just sit around and think about all the things I should be doing and I end up doing nothing, in other words I'm constantly procrastinating (it's holidays season here). I feel awful and guilty about it and every assignment and due date that I have is sitting heavy on my shoulders. However, I feel really unmotivated to even start them. But what I find enjoyable is singing and especially performing in front of others, like my family. I also, browse the internet and search about various topics, whatever it comes to my mind and I watch a movie or a series' episode from time to time. Nothing special really... Oh, and I've recently tried to bring exercise into my life, although I'm pretty slim, just to be more healthy. I also like organising things and doing both physical and digital declutter.

I cannot see the attachment. Can you upload on imgbb.com and then insert into your reply? (insert image, then insert as URL). Please go to advanced reply mode (lower right) and the preview your reply to check if the image is displayed properly.

yeghor

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I've trouble uploading my image here. Can you please click the link? I'm really sorry, I don't know why it says Invalid file when I click OK

Your enneagram scores in order of strength and the associated MBTI Functions are as follows (Note that the MBTI function associations are my own and are not widely accepted)

3 - Fe-dom
8 - Se
1 - Ni
4 - Fi
6 - Te
5 - Ti
7 - Ne
9 - Si
2 - Fe-aux

However, your top four scores all have the same strength so it is difficult to pinpoint which one is actually your strongest enneagram tendency.

This will be a rough guess but you might be an ENFJ (though Hermoine is rather an introvert). ENFJ's functions are Fe, Ni, Se, Ti. One thing that troubles me is that your enneagram 2 score is low.

I would advise you to keep taking different enneagram and MBTI tests to pinpoint your type. Try to find movie/tv characters you identify with and then google to find out their proposed MBTI types.

You mentioned playing Elf magicians and emphasized beauty, which reminds me of Galadriel, whom I believe is an ENFJ.

sofiannam

Wow, thank you for your insights. I'll consider searching through characters as you say, thank you. However, is ENFJ really suitable with all this impatient and criticising type of mine?

yeghor

Wow, thank you for your insights. I'll consider searching through characters as you say, thank you. However, is ENFJ really suitable with all this impatient and criticising type of mine?

Don't know, it depends on why you feel impatient and critical, on what triggers you.

sofiannam

Don't know, it depends on why you feel impatient and critical, on what triggers you.
Hmm, I can't stand people that don't follow the rules and are being inconsiderate of others. For example, throwing a cigarette on the ground, coughing without covering their mouths (again not because of the pandemic) etc.
I also despise inefficiency, ignorance, stupidity, and people who depend on others, and they don't try to make it on their own and expect everything on their plates. For example, people who ask simple questions without even researching on their own for the answers beforehand.
Oh, and i don't like that much people that don't have common knowledge and don't have a desire to learn new things... There's a line between
From what I'm saying, it seems like I generally don't like people that much and sometimes I ask myself if that's true haha, but no i don't think so. It's just that some things are really annoying.

yeghor

Hmm, I can't stand people that don't follow the rules and are being inconsiderate of others. For example, throwing a cigarette on the ground, coughing without covering their mouths (again not because of the pandemic) etc.
I also despise inefficiency, ignorance, stupidity, and people who depend on others, and they don't try to make it on their own and expect everything on their plates. For example, people who ask simple questions without even researching on their own for the answers beforehand.
Oh, and i don't like that much people that don't have common knowledge and don't have a desire to learn new things... There's a line between
From what I'm saying, it seems like I generally don't like people that much and sometimes I ask myself if that's true haha, but no i don't think so. It's just that some things are really annoying.

Can you give a few examples of when people acted inefficient, stupid, ignorant and you were irritated by it?

sofiannam

Can you give a few examples of when people acted inefficient, stupid, ignorant and you were irritated by it?

Well... when they don't complete tasks the "correct" way (usually my way), when they do risky things without considering the outcome and even though I've warned them about the dangers, when they have lack of general knowledge for really basic things and they think it's not a big deal and don't try to change it, learn things and educate themselves.

yeghor

Well... when they don't complete tasks the "correct" way (usually my way), when they do risky things without considering the outcome and even though I've warned them about the dangers, when they have lack of general knowledge for really basic things and they think it's not a big deal and don't try to change it, learn things and educate themselves.

Specific examples please for:

Stupidity:

Ignorance:

Inefficiency:

sofiannam

Stupidity: Not understanding things and needing multiple times to explain it to them until they grasp the concept, staying at toxic relationships, not having high expectations and standards (or actually not having standards at all), coughing without covering the mouth, littering, asking questions that they could easily find the answer themselves (ironic when I'm making a thread myself asking about my personality type - I guess it doesn't have an easy answer)

Ignorance: Of language - grammar, spelling (at my mother tongue), of basic rules of society

Inefficiency: lazily completed tasks, not paying attention to details

What I'm realising is that it's difficult for me right now to pin point these things that you're asking me to. I also want to say that some of these things I'm telling you used to be true for me when I was at my school years and generally when I interacted with many people (before the pandemic). I'm also trying to be more patient and understanding of people and put myself in their situation. But still I get easily irritated by many things.

yeghor

Stupidity: Not understanding things and needing multiple until they grasp the concept, staying at toxic relationships, not having high expectations and standards (or actually not having standards at all), coughing without covering the mouth

Ignorance: Of language - grammar, spelling (at my mother tongue), of basic rules of society

Inefficiency: lazily completed tasks, not paying attention to details

What I'm realising is that it's difficult for me right now to pin point these things that you're asking me to.

I failed to put it properly.

Can you give a narrative of recent instances when you felt irritated because someone was being:

Stupid:

Ignorant:

Inefficient:

sofiannam

It's hard for me to think of recent examples, I'm somehow isolated from the world because of quarantine, but I'll try to remember. When people ask me for specific events of my life, my mind goes blank hahaha.

Stupid: "

Ignorant: "

Inefficient: "

I'm not gonna lie to you... It took me a long time but I can't think of specific examples... And the more I think about it, the more I feel like an insensitive monster that gets irritated by people for no apparent reason... What does that say about me?

The only things I can tell you right now is that I find people that don't know how to write or talk (even though they are University students or even professors) - that make grammar and spelling errors (again mainly in my mother tongue), quite annoying and borderline stupid.
The same goes for bad drivers and generally people who don't respect others in one way or another.

A recent example that really gets on my nerves is a fellow student of mine that is playing nice in front of the professors and the moment that something doesn't go her way, she gets mad and say really bad things about them behind their backs. I despise her.

I'm realising that once again I'm not answering your questions. Maybe I can't think of specific examples right now, or perhaps I didn't use the correct words to describe my source of annoyance? Well, I'm sorry I can't think of anything specific.

yeghor

It's hard for me to think of recent examples, I'm somehow isolated from the world because of quarantine, but I'll try to remember. When people ask me for specific events of my life, my mind goes blank hahaha.

Stupid: "

Ignorant: "

Inefficient: "

I'm not gonna lie to you... It took me a long time but I can't think of specific examples... And the more I think about it, the more I feel like an insensitive monster that gets irritated by people for no apparent reason... What does that say about me?

The only things I can tell you right now is that I find people that don't know how to write or talk (even though they are University students or even professors) - that make grammar and spelling errors (again mainly in my mother tongue), quite annoying and borderline stupid.
The same goes for bad drivers and generally people who don't respect others in one way or another.

A recent example that really gets on my nerves is a fellow student of mine that is playing nice in front of the professors and the moment that something doesn't go her way, she gets mad and say really bad things about them behind their backs. I despise her.

I'm realising that once again I'm not answering your questions. Maybe I can't think of specific examples right now, or perhaps I didn't use the correct words to describe my source of annoyance? Well, I'm sorry I can't think of anything specific.

"A recent example that really gets on my nerves is a fellow student of mine that is playing nice in front of the professors and the moment that something doesn't go her way, she gets mad and say really bad things about them behind their backs. I despise her."

What was it that did not go her way? What did she say about them then? How would you act do if you were in her place?

sofiannam

"A recent example that really gets on my nerves is a fellow student of mine that is playing nice in front of the professors and the moment that something doesn't go her way, she gets mad and say really bad things about them behind their backs. I despise her."

What was it that did not go her way? What did she say about them then? How would you act do if you were in her place?

When there's something that she doesn't like, such as due dates, or if she doesn't understand something she makes a big fuss about it, as If it's always the professors fault and not hers. She doesn't take responsibility, always blames others and swears too. If I were in her place I definitely would not talk that way about older, wiser people. Generally, I wouldn't talk about people that way and especially in front of so many people. It's disrespectful.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As I read your posts, there was a bit of Fe not Te. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a ENFJ or ENTP.

When I was your age and especially in my teenage years I was extremely impatient with others, especially when they couldn't understand things as fast as me. I hated waiting for others. I obsessed with knowing, especially the truth. I hated when others lied around me and refused to lie at all, even white lies. I was extremely self critical.

EFJs have a very unhealthy relationship with the "truth". It is almost an idol for them. And the "truth" for EFJs is very personal and hard to define. Eventually, inferior Ti gets integrated into dominant Fe and much of this works out.

I like typing by the inferior function. Function development is sometimes odd, but usually we do not fully develop our cognitive functions until we have full brain maturity, at 25 or so.

Read these and see if any of these fit you:

[ENFJ] - Recognizing the Inferior Function in ENFJs | Personality Cafe

[ENTP] - Recognizing the Inferior Function in ENTP | Personality Cafe

[INFJ] - Recognizing the Inferior Function in INFJ | Personality Cafe

[INFP] - Recognizing the Inferior Function in IFPs | Personality Cafe

[INTP] - Recognizing the Inferior Function in INTP | Personality Cafe

https://www.personalitycafe.com/threads/the-form-of-the-inferior-function-fi.95932/

https://www.personalitycafe.com/threads/recognizing-the-inferior-function-in-istj.78130/

Read through each one and see if any of them fit you when you are really stressed out or struggling.

sofiannam

When I was your age and especially in my teenage years I was extremely impatient with others, especially when they couldn't understand things as fast as me. I hated waiting for others. I obsessed with knowing, especially the truth. I hated when others lied around me and refused to lie at all, even white lies. I was extremely self critical.

EFJs have a very unhealthy relationship with the "truth". It is almost an idol for them. And the "truth" for EFJs is very personal and hard to define. Eventually, inferior Ti gets integrated into dominant Fe and much of this works out.

Wow, it really is like I've written this myself. And it is exactly as you say, when I was in my teenage years I was way more impatient and hard to others. Now, year by year I try to be more understanding, but I don't always succeed. I like to think that I'm trying to get in other people's shoes, but I'm not sure that I succeed in this either... I'll keep trying...

I'm also really self critical and I absolutely hate lies. I don't like white lies either, but I do realise that in situations like saying that you like someone's cooking or hairstyle, white lies are somewhat essential. I want to be polite, especially with people that I'm not familiar with yet. However, I also believe that by telling the others the truth they only get better and that's what I want from people in my life, to keep becoming better and better!

I'll definitely read all of them!

Thank you so much!