• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help with finding my tritype and instinct stacking (questionaire)

STKCO1203

Hi, I hope you can help me with this

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
I'm in my early 20s and I grew up and live in Germany. I'm agnostic and I don't think that my political views will effect my answers.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
My MBTI is ISFP and I am pretty sure that I am a 9w8. For some time I thought I was a 947 but I am not sure anymore if there really is a seven or a four in my tritype. Right now I think that I am more of a 95x, it makes a lot more sense than the other one I think. I have a particularly hard time deciding what my heart fix is. But if you think that my tritype is something entirely different I am open for suggestions.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
I don't think that we have a given purpose but I will definetly make the best of it. I wanna learn as many languages and about languages as possible. I want to become better at singing and either become a translator or a language teacher. I would also like to have children if I get the chance. So in general just enjoy my life.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
Most to sloth, I guess, because I am way too lazy at times. And least to envy I think, because I don't think and care much what others have and if I do and I want it, too it doesn't mean the other person may not have it.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I guess people who have similar interests like me so we have something to talk about. Also people who aren't really aggressive, constantly wanting to fight. The first one is by far not a must, but it is nice. I would pay much more attention to the second one.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
Now that I think about it all sorts of people, I don't think I am able to name anything particular.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
People who are agressive, completely unable to except other options and won't leave you alone until you agree with them. People who constantly want to influence me and tell me what to do.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
I think people who are diciplined and not as lazy and are more ambitious to reach their goals. People who are more willing and confident taking action in certain situations.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
Mhm I think I have two kinds of anger. The one when someone gets on my nerves or continuesly disturbs me while doing something I might lash out a bit, but calm down quickly again afterwards. But they are situations too where I get really angry, when I am attacked and I see no other way out and also if I have to witness cuelty, especially if done to children. When I get really angry, I yell/scream sometimes even very mean things. I sometimes try to supress it, not because I think that it is not okay, but more because I fear the reaction of the envioment.

b) Shame
Sometimes. Usually about some embarassing things I have said or done in the past, but when it comes up, I usually shove it away quickly, because I don't like the feeling and I see no real point in dwelling in it. Often you also experince those situations much worse than others perceived it, they usually have already forgotten most of those things.

c) Fear
They are situations sometimes when I get anxious, but I usually try to rationalize them and put them into perspective. For example they was a situation about a year ago, I was on a plane and they were some turbulences and I kept telling myself, that the chances that I will die in a car accident on the way home from the airport is much higher than dying in a plane crash. Or I also really hate driving. All of the things I need to do/ need to pay attention to just overwhelm me. If I need to drive an unfamilair route, I look at every little street in advance so I know where to go and what to do at any point.

d) Love/passion
Love, I don't know. There are people in my life that I love, I love my cat and I love doing certain things. For passion? I really don't know.

e) Conflict
I really dislike conflict. Also if it is not directed at me. I try not to get into sitations where they will be conflicts. I also don't wanna be present when others are in conflict. I often try to quickly solve it or remove myself from the situation or also get angry, but that depends on the situation and who the people are. Usually the better I know and like people the better I can handle conflict and even confrontation, but I still dont like it and try to avoid and/or resolve it.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
I think the biggest one is I am lazy. I sometimes have trouble getting my things done. Especially when I don't like doing them. It was worse when I was younger. In school I only did just enough to get by. I only had good grades in subjects that I liked and I didn't have to learn a lot for. Also I am a bit avoidant I more tend to run away from problems than facing them directly. I will most of the time only choose the direct approach when I don't have another option.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I am studying the English language and Linguistics at the moment and I actively chose to do so. Because from a very young age on I was interested in languages. Those also where the subjects at school that I excelled in. Learning languages just came naturally to me. A bit later I also became interested in the theory and the things behind it and how languages developed. Most of the things we are doing in my course right now, I already found out earlier through self study. When I finish my studies I would like to become a translator or a language teacher. Because I also noticed that I like helping others learn a language.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
How does this person come off, nice, open or more shy? I am usually open to many variants. If more open, I usually let the person do it and just respond, react, to what he or she does or says while staying friendly. If more shy I will try to get us through this for us both probably pretty uncomfortable moment until we both start to warm up more. I try to stay open until I know them better and not make early jugdememts because I know that I can also be kinda weird in the beginning.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
In general? I don't know, I don't think about stuff like this much. But a thing that I have noticed recently is, that some people become more and more extreme and instead of getting along we drift further apart.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Some of those I mentioned before: Languages. At the momemt I speak/learn three to four other languages apart from English and my mother tongue. I also like learning about the theory and development of langauges. My other big interest is music I sing and I also like learning about the theory. I like taking walks or riding my bike occationally. I also have some other interests that come and go for example: Psychology, typology, medicine, the weather, the seasons, history.....

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
Either alone or together doesn't matter that much to me. Although it is usually more fun if we four are together. We usually either go to the movies, play bowling or miniture golf or we eat at a restaurant. Sometimes we go to an amusement park. With some of my friends I am the initiator and for one, she is.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
I think actions, because words are pretty meaningless if you don't act on them.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!
I think I will very reluctantly chose a) because although I really like eating and it would be horrible to never taste again, I think the other options are much worse. Being immortal superficially sounds best but in reality it would be horrible I guess. I would not want to lose my memory, although I also have bad ones that I might like to forget, forgetting all the good ones is just not worth it in my opinion. I wouldn't wanna be poor, while I don't need to be rich either, I need somewhere to live where it is warm and food even though I can't taste it anymore. I don't really know about the last one but the way I understand it is: if you aren't passionate and don't find joy in anything anymore, there is not much to live for.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
Not reaching my goals, no job and not willing to find one. Not having any interests that I can persue. Extremely selfish, not caring for anyone. Being mean and neglecting towards all the people I love/like and evenually losing them and ending up alone.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I think I can become a bit obsssed about my interests sometimes, but I don't think I merge with them. It is not just my interests that define me, but many more things. I don't merge with people either. Although there are people that are really important to me, I wouldn't want to become so dependent on them.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Definitly more messy. I think I would go with impulses and surpise. I don't really plan much.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
Comfort is pretty important to me. To feel comfottable I need to be physically fine, not cold or hot, not in pain. Lying or sitting comfortably, preferably at home, in my bed or on the couch. Eating something I like, watching something I like or playing something that is not too challenging or complicated.

Thanks for reading!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I definitely see your 9 core! 9sp/so. I would guess 9w1. For tritype, for your head... likely 5, though I think 6 is possible. For your heart, I don't see any 4, and I don't think 3 is likely, so 2. I hesitate to type you with the same tritype as mine because I don't want to project onto you, and it's not a common tritype, but it's possible. 952 or 962 sp/so.

Welcome to the forum! :)

STKCO1203

Thanks for your answer!

I mostly was/am torn between 953 and 952 because I have trouble relating to any of those describtions (a bit more to 953 though). Why do you think the two is more likely than the three? I can see myself possibly being a 952 but I would like to know how you came to this conclusion.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for your answer!

I mostly was/am torn between 953 and 952 because I have trouble relating to any of those describtions (a bit more to 953 though). Why do you think the two is more likely than the three? I can see myself possibly being a 952 but I would like to know how you came to this conclusion.

I just saw more 2 than 3 with there being more of an emphasis on caring rather than on success... however, it feels to me like your heart center is much harder to read, so 3 may be it if you think it is!

Maybe it would help to look at how 2 and 3 interact with the other types in your tritype:

2-5: Control via knowing what’s best, hiding own needs, giving from a distance, self-erasing

3-5: Accuracy, efficiency, repressing emotions, surgical

2-9: Receptive, helpful, kind, caring, focused on needs of other, forgets self, “nice,” good samaritan, people-focused

3-9: Adapting to ideals, shiny, glossy, smooth, mirroring, a star, tabula rasa
Source: Fixes & Stems — Enneagrammer

Attachment types can be harder to read, I think (at least for me), so 3 could be it, and being lower, it would give way heavily to your core...

Another way you could look at it is to think of which triads show up...

9: Attachment, positive outlook, withdrawn
5: Rejection, competency, withdrawn

2: Rejection, positive outlook, compliant/superego
3: Attachment, competency, assertive

Complaint/superego (2) vs. assertive (3):

Compliant/Superego - 126: Moving with others, focus on what others’ need/want, society, “earn” needs
2: Focus on the needs of others rather than self

Assertive - 378: Moving against others, focus on what the self needs/wants, “demand” needs
3: Goal-oriented, productive, action-based

As a whole:
259 tritype: double withdrawn,
double rejection (The amplification of one need to distract from the pain of not getting the other-2: Amplifying their need for relationship and connection due to having rejected the need for guidance and protection, mothering identification),
double positive outlook (See the positives, find ways to bring light and avoid negativity, “everything will be okay”-2: Focus on the goodness in themselves and others, amplify their lovable aspects, keep people close by being a good person)

359 tritype: double withdrawn,
double attachment (The struggle between individuation and adaptation-3: Being or doing whatever it takes to gain unconditional love),
double competency (Focus on objectivity and rationality, doing things correctly and competently, neutrality-3: Work ethic, focus on being able to do things well, repressing soft feelings in favour of productivity)

Source: Triads — Enneagrammer

STKCO1203

Thanks for the link. I didn't know about this site. It looks really interesting.
I pretty much agree with 2-5, not as much with 2-9, but more than to 3-9 or even 4-9. But your last fix is not as strong and visible as the others I guess? So I think I will go with 952 for my tritype.
Thanks for your help :)