• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP, ISFP, INFJ, or etc.?

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trying to narrow this down. The last time I did one of these, I got INFJ. And while I see how they formed that conclusion, I'm not sure I agree..I think I might just have strong Fi which maybe looks like Fe (plus, most of my tritype is Compliant.) But I may not be quite as educated as others on here. Thanks if you try to read all this and/or answer.

1. What makes you angry?

I think the root of my anger is feeling like people are ignoring other people's rights, and a sense of entitlement: being a rude guest in someone's house, starting conversations with people just to tell them all about yourself, any fake or overly dramatic displays which rile others up like animals instead of prompting unbiased thought. Things of that nature.

2. What do you like/dislike most about people?

I like the complexities and depth that we all possess; to me, people are like art in that sense and have amazing potential. I dislike how they often seem to keep things at surface level if it offers immediate satisfaction -- "I know I can do better than this, but this is what's easiest and/or more profitable."

3. Do you like animals? Why?

I like dogs and that's about it, lol. I love their emotional vulnerability and innate honesty, for the same reasons I wish people behaved similarly in that aspect. They're just very pure.

4. What do you like most about the favorite people in your life?

One is accepting of all different outlooks and puts people at ease just naturally, but doesn't put up with any shit either. Another one of them is the kindest person unless she sees something she feels is incredibly wrong; then she has no problem standing up for her cause.

5. What do you like/dislike most about yourself?

I like my sense of righteousness and how much I WANT to do what I feel is morally correct, even if I fail or act without enough forethought sometimes. I dislike the fact that I get blinded by what I think I should be doing on a moral level (I'm not always right about people) to the point where I screw myself over sometimes; I can be very gullible and reckless. I also dislike how sensitive I am over things that shouldn't really matter, partly because I might lash out when it's not necessary.

6. Do you care about being fashionable? Why/why not?

I care about having my own personal style, not so much being fashionable. My style matters to me because it's how I try to show likeminded people that I'm on their frequency, and it's how I represent my philosophies externally. I strongly believe in being the change you want to see, which style plays a part in for me.

7. Do you prefer to fit in or stand out?

This is complicated as it's not this black and white to me. I think I subconsciously choose to stand out but it's because I'm trying to find those kindred spirits. I don't seem to care about standing out amongst them when I find them.

8. What activities do you enjoy?

I like to write slice-of-life romance, go for long walks in nature, sing, talk to those I connect with, things like that.

9. What makes you feel secure?

When I can tell I'm being understood by someone I'm talking to and vice versa, who appears to be enjoying my company as much as I do theirs. Also when I'm alone and just enjoying myself through walking, laying in bed watching my favorite shows, etc.

10. Do you like being in a relationship? Why/why not?

Honestly..no lmao. I feel like being in relationships causes me to think about my own wants and dreams even slightly less than I would if I were alone -- relationships kind of make me more "dumb," subconsciously. But my wants and dreams are all I really have in life and I don't want restraints on me.

11. What do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...

Love is a strong word I need to use carefully, so this is hard. I know I love dogs for the reason I gave earlier. I love '60s rock because the vibe back then seemed very freeing and appreciative of the 'simpler' things (like 'Waterloo Sunset' by the Kinks.) I don't want to say I love people because my perspective depends on the day.

12. What do you spend the most time thinking about?

I guess just who I want to be and the flaws I want to work on.

13. How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

I'm a lot more bold and outgoing (in the right circumstances) now. For example, up until I left college I never spoke to anyone really. But after I got out and started working, I did a lot of customer service work and realized people aren't so frightening afterall.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hello fellow Fi-er who keeps getting mistyped as an Fe type which I have been since my existence on this forum.

You still vibe heavily ISFP to me. Final answer.

But you as an INFJ...
man...feels like a stretch...just a little.

Also you have a 6 in your tritype. You automatically look more Fe just from 6.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hello fellow Fi-er who keeps getting mistyped as an Fe type which I have been since my existence on this forum.

You still vibe heavily ISFP to me. Final answer.

But you as an INFJ...
man...feels like a stretch...just a little.

Also you have a 6 in your tritype. You automatically look more Fe just from 6.

Right, I remember you saying ISFP and honestly I have no fucking idea, because it's so hard for me to discern whether I use Se or Ne LMAO -- I feel like I'm so fixated on my Fi that I don't realize which of those occurs with me more. So I constantly go back and forth.

When I look up type comparisons, I relate to a lot of both sides. -___- Nothing has ever sounded so specific that I was like "Wowee (Toki Wartooth,) that's fucking me."

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Right, I remember you saying ISFP and honestly I have no fucking idea, because it's so hard for me to discern whether I use Se or Ne LMAO -- I feel like I'm so fixated on my Fi that I don't realize which of those occurs with me more. So I constantly go back and forth.

When I look up type comparisons, I relate to a lot of both sides. -___- Nothing has ever sounded so specific that I was like "Wowee (Toki Wartooth,) that's fucking me."

I relate to this a lot but you like a lot of adventurous stuff and really *live* life and that's such an Se thing where Ne lives in the head more.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=33903]Red Memories[/MENTION] -- Yeahh you're probably right. I just got back from an hour long walk/hike and was fully immersed in the experience. Maybe being stuck inside made me a bit crazy/my imagination went into overdrive lol.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=33903]Red Memories[/MENTION] -- Yeahh you're probably right. I just got back from an hour long walk/hike and was fully immersed in the experience. Maybe being stuck inside made me a bit crazy/my imagination went into overdrive lol.

Se and Ne appear very similar on the surface but Se is all about being in the moment and consuming the moment. :D

skimpit

You're right, reading your answers I was inclined to think INFJ as most people had thought of you as. My guess is this is because you like when other people "stand up for their cause" (to paraphrase) and you're big on "wants and dreams," among other things I noticed while reading. I'd say you're a feeling type with Ni/Se as an axis, so that narrows it down to four types.

What say you? Are you happy with ISFP [MENTION=40907]Pessimistic Hippie[/MENTION]?

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're right, reading your answers I was inclined to think INFJ as most people had thought of you as. My guess is this is because you like when other people "stand up for their cause" (to paraphrase) and you're big on "wants and dreams," among other things I noticed while reading. I'd say you're a feeling type with Ni/Se as an axis, so that narrows it down to four types.

What say you? Are you happy with ISFP [MENTION=40907]Pessimistic Hippie[/MENTION]?

Thanks for replying. Yeahh I think that if there's prevalent Se, I'm likely ISFP just because I would say I for sure follow my own code of conduct even if it annoys whatever group I'm in/that's probably the Fi. Whereas I'm guessing INFJs would bend more on that due to Fe. I hope that's not somehow offensive to anyone who might see this, me saying that.

Thank you again

Hekate

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My guess would be INFP.
I see Ne in your answers and an attitude that is not very open to sensorial exploration. You would probably prefer to stay in your head than to live an experience, which is very common with INXXs in general. Besides, I see that Fi dom seems to be right for you.

I feel like being in relationships causes me to think about my own wants and dreams even slightly less than I would if I were alone -- relationships kind of make me more "dumb," subconsciously. But my wants and dreams are all I really have in life and I don't want restraints on me.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My guess would be INFP.
I see Ne in your answers and an attitude that is not very open to sensorial exploration. You would probably prefer to stay in your head than to live an experience, which is very common with INXXs in general. Besides, I see that Fi dom seems to be right for you.

I didn't think this post would get any more replies, thanks for stumbling onto it/responding. I could still see INFP at the same time for various reasons, seems like I alternate back and forth between them a lot because they're both..kind of relatable for different reasons. Maybe one day I'll finally be able to settle on one. xD

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
infp just cos u seem so serious
didn't even read
sry