• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stuck between sx/so and sx/sp. Help?

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just purchased the IVQ hoping for some clarity. Got 59 points towards sx, 46 towards so, and 45 towards sp. So you can imagine my confusion. I found a little questionnaire I'm gonna attempt to fill out here which asks questions pertaining to each variant. If you choose to try to help me out, thank you kindly..I threw in the sexual variant questions in case I'm somehow wrong about that, too.

SELF PRESERVATION

(1) How important is your home? How much time and money do you spend on your home? Can you easily move to a new living space?

It's important in the sense that the idea of being homeless is terrifying to me, but I don't do much to take care of it outside of keeping it [mostly] clean. And I've lived in a lot of places, so I guess it's easy, yeah. I'm just nitpicky about things like too much noise, living in filth, and other people being too nitpicky with me. xD

(2) How important is your family? Do you experience warm relationships with family members?

I'm definitely the black sheep of mine.

(3) What is your current relationship to food - buying, preparing, eating? Do you like to share your meals with other people?

I tend to eat the same simple things all the time and don't like to have to think about food much outside of that. And no, I'm not too big on sharing because I feel like I buy and eat very little as it is; I don't want to risk not having enough to survive.

(4) How much time and energy to you spend on your physical health? Are you up to date in your health care appointments with doctors, dentists, etc?

I don't spend enough time or energy on these things. Definitely not up to date with doctors or dentists and I tend to not care much unless I have some affliction that potentially makes me look or smell disgusting.

(5) Do you feel financially secure? How much effort do you make towards earning money and managing money? Do you worry about this? What is enough?

I'm not as financially secure as I'd like to be and that does upset me, just because I'm almost 30 and don't have my life to the point where I want it to be. However I don't have any big career dreams and don't care about investing much; I want to do just enough to know I can survive on my own.
--------------------------------------

ONE-TO-ONE

(1) How important is it for you to have an intimate relationship? If you are married, how much attention do you bring to your partner?

Not married. I fantasize about having a partner I genuinely really like a lot. But I've been in a lot of messed up relationships which has also made me very bitter, so I wouldn't say actually dating anyone is important to me right now, just in fear that it ends badly. The idea of never finding someone I like a lot and vice versa is what upsets me.

(2) Do you prefer to spend time with your partner or close friends one on one, or would you rather spend time with people in a group?

Definitely just with a partner or close friend.

(3) What role does sexuality play in your life?

It's a pretty big deal. I'd say I'm a very physical person and fight myself with that a lot.

(4) Do you have a spiritual practice, or a place in your life where you transcend your normal state of personality?

Not really. I'm not spiritual, and I don't really know what the latter means.
--------------------------------------

SOCIAL

(1) Are you a member of any organized groups? What role or position do you usually play in groups?

I'm not in any groups and tend to avoid them just because I like to try to be very agreeable in those situations by default, and dealing with too many differing opinions/trying not to accidentally say anything insensitive is a struggle. I guess with that said, I don't tend to speak up much in groups; I just like to vibe with them if I can.

(2) Do you experience a sense of belonging to a community? Do you have a sense of social duty or sacrifice for the greater good?

I never feel like I fully belong anywhere unless it's with one individual person. And I don't really feel a duty to do anything, but I naturally sacrifice sometimes without thinking about it much if I really empathize with something outside of myself enough.

(3) Do you gravitate toward being of influence in social relationships and structured community?

I'd say yes, I like the idea of being an influence. But it has to be an influence I think the world could use based upon my own observations, and because of that I tend to be very counter-culture.

(4) Are you engaged with social issues? Do you follow the news? Do you participate in government or political groups?

If I stumble upon a social issue I care about, I'll research it a bit and might get into heated debates on Youtube or Facebook lol. But I don't actively seek these things out. I don't follow the news at all and I give no fucks about politics.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gonna come back to this

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gonna come back to this

Thank you, lady. I know you don't have to.
-------------

Red helped me and provided a bunch of points as to why I'm probably sx/sp, that made sense. I figure I should still keep this open just in case I do get any other responses but the fact that I don't seem to try to integrate myself into group situations much to try to get what I want, might say it all

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sx is not "one to one"; so is not about being a member of the group. Instinctual Zones

I wonder if you aren't sp last.