• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ivy/Mac/Edahn/Geoff: Which madmin's harder to type?

Which madmin is harder to type?

• Total voters

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I agree, she is often the person who will actually get on and do what most of know needs doing. However, I was getting at what Uber "sees" in her, rather than what I do.

I totally agree. I'm amazed at how when somebody suggests that something be done, two minutes later Ivy has already taken the lead and done it. It's like, "What do we have to do today? Discipline the unruly?" "No." "Start polls to garner member feedback on a new function we've just implemented?" "No." "Clean the--" "OH MY GOD, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? IVY'S DONE IT ALL!"

If she were an INP, I'd be so proud of her. But if she's an ISFJ, she doesn't deserve the credit. :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MacGuffin – INTP fo’ sure.
Ivy – INFJ.
Edahn – ENTP, accept it already.
Geoff – dunno, therefore I must vote accordingly.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
MacGuffin – INTP fo’ sure.
Ivy – INFJ.
Edahn – ENTP, accept it already.
Geoff – dunno, therefore I must vote accordingly.
I consider Geoff to be likely INFP, but just can't be sure.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Ivy is INFJ. Edahn and Geoff are much harder to type.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ivy is the classic untypable person around here. Still, she reminds me of my favorite ISFJ, so perhaps it is Sensor-bias that doesn't let us see Ivy as an SJ.

I could be ENTP if you go by cognitive functions, I like Ne a lot, probably more than Ti. In terms of classic introversion/extraversion however, I'm a pretty hardcore introvert. My wife laughs when anyone suggests I'm an E. Speaking of which:

MacGuffin still seems very INTP to me. He just doesn't look like most of the INTPs at INTPcentral. He has more in common with Martoon than most of the others. (He's also been married to an ESFJ for years; that sort of thing heavily influences you.)

Ahahahaha! She's so T it's not funny. ISTJ. My mother-in-law is ESFJ. I'm gonna tell her I'm married to her mother.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ivy is the classic untypable person around here. Still, she reminds me of my favorite ISFJ, so perhaps it is Sensor-bias that doesn't let us see Ivy as an SJ.

Nah, she sees hidden meanings and agendas in stuff that isn't there, just like the rest of you N's. Cimarron is a real SJ, you should make him a mod.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I don't really think that I have sensor-bias. Ivy's just not a sensor. Just because she's "down to earth" doesn't mean she can't be N. I think she's probably the poster on t-cent (hehehe) who is most obviously similar to me.

I can buy ENTP for Edahn. Maybe Geoff is the harder one. I think INTP, though.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is there a correlation between being an NFJ and being a mod? :D

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I can buy ENTP for Edahn. Maybe Geoff is the harder one. I think INTP, though.

You know me the best of anyone here, my friend. I also think you are right.. but only because of what the more extreme me was like 10 years ago. What Tallulah said about me being an INTP who's developed a chunk of usable Fe and Fi and some balance is probably right.

Atomic Fiend

Nah, she sees hidden meanings and agendas in stuff that isn't there, just like the rest of you N's. Cimarron is a real SJ, you should make him a mod.

It would be cool to have an SJ doing what they do best.

Make Beat a mod.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm not averse to being an ISFJ, but I think if I were, my house would be cleaner. Just sayin'.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Victor. Most of the posts here are affectionate.. some, like Peguy's are not. This is just a warning to the people on the thread to remember that they are, indeed, referring to a real person (even if he does have a somewhat unique posting style).
INFP for Geoff. Not as much for the "Now boys!" business as the silly disclaimer at the end which would be taken as an insult, if taken at all.

"Even though he's weird, be nice."

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
INFP for Geoff. Not as much for the "Now boys!" business as the silly disclaimer at the end which would be taken as an insult, if taken at all.

"Even though he's weird, be nice."

Nah, that was put in there because I've known Victor since before he joined the forum, indeed I am responsible for him joining.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, so even though Ivy's not a celebrity, I've given her type some thought. (Ivy, I'd totally address this to you, but you exude an attitude of :popc1: that makes it seem somehow malapropos. :redface:) Or rather, I've realized that I know which type I'd put my money on, which must mean I've formed an opinion of sorts. And that opinion is that Ivy is a mature INFP of the same make as FineLine, JivinJeffJones and Nadir (another enigmatically untypeable 'un who I am nevertheless comfortable believing to be an INFP).

Incidentally, I became conscious of (/formed?) this opinion when I realized that the wry online persona of a 29-year-old female (confirmed) INFP from another community reminded me of Ivy. Courtesy of Google Translate and some editing by me, here's her profile:

"Chastity is no more a virtue than malnutrition." - Alexander Comfort

"May I a small house and a large garden have! And a few friends and many books." - Abraham Cowley

"In the true man there is a child hidden: it wanteth to play." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Role-playing nerd, folk/metal/classical music fan, single mother, BA in history and creative writing, literature lover and hopefully future fantasy writer.
Work at the [name of city] City Museum with child/youth dissemination and teaching materials and find it extremely cool!
Am the happy, ridiculously proud mother of the beautiful, wonderful boy child [her son's name], who I made with the help of my friend, D&D mate and household carpenter [her ex's name].

[A friend's name] about me (the big sales talk):

To describe Sara
Sara is a mix between a H.R. Giger image and a fantasy novel. She is a glacial black elf queen on the surface and a burning phoenix inside.
To get to know Sara is difficult, but she is the worth the wait and trouble. She is reserved and it is only after very careful evaluation from Sara's hand that she lets you in.
Idealist, hopeless romantic, pragmatist and a mother with big M.
If you do not know what a black elf queen is? Then Sara is nothing for you.
If you do not know what a phoenix is? Then Sara is nothing for you.
If you are not intelligent, honest, real and [word meaning direct/no-nonsense]? Then Sara is nothing for you.

If you are sensitive, patient, live and breathe for music, role-play, love children and would like to have some yourself? Then Sara is the woman for you?
(Oh, and are you slim and preferably have long hair? This would help your case considerably. ;-))

[Her ex's name] about me: (the small sales talk)

- Captivating... Charming... Especially when she dances a war dance and beats on a drum, when the pot will not boil. :)

[Another friend's name] about me: (the really hardcore sales talk!)

Sara is autumn. She can be so heady hot as the most erotic late summer, and then coolly beautiful as the first, early frost. Sara is a matriarch, with a bosom which can accommodate all of your oddities. In her you will always have a bosom to lean into when you need it, but like a real Yiddish mama a raised eyebrow will accompany; a quiet *tsk-tsk*, and a calm reminder to use your common sense. Sara is wonderfully crazy. She is composite, like a dress whirling around a dancing woman; the light of the lanterns casts colored shadows on her personality and leaves one with a quiet wonder. The patterns change with her movements and mood, but remain nevertheless always the same, for the attentive observer. Sara is a balanced sword. Her heart is cold, cool steel, which in itself carries the very essence of fire and heat. Sara understands the secret of the rubber ducks. Sara is a priestess who animates quiet days in the temple reading rooms. Until anything threatens what she holds dear, and she becomes a frothing bacchante that without regret throws herself into the fight and does not give up until it is over.

Does this vibe of mine (the resemblance between Ivy, FineLine, JJJ, Nadir and the woman whose profile I've quoted) resonate with anyone else...? :huh:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't really know any of their types for sure (but really I could say that about most forum members). Here is my read

MacGuffin - IxTP
Geoff - INxP
Edahn - xNTP
Ivy - uh...I think she's an I...maybe...she might be an F too, but that's going out on a limb..... :huh:

Yeah Ivy's the hardest to pin down.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm not averse to being an ISFJ, but I think if I were, my house would be cleaner. Just sayin'.
My house is fairly clean but I'm no where near to being as organized as you seem to be with life n' stuff. I put off everything till the last minute and cause myself unnecessary anxiety trying to finish whatever it is on time (like right now).

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Mac seems like INTP, but with well-developed Ne. xNTP is plausible.

Edahn is definitely xNxP, probably more E than I. Maybe more Fi than Ti. *shrug*

Ivy, I dunno. Ixfx is about as definitive as I'd go.

I don't really know Geoff.