• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ivy/Mac/Edahn/Geoff: Which madmin's harder to type?

Which madmin is harder to type?

• Total voters

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
you're definitely enigmatic, ivy. there's no question about that.

you'd be winning this even if the others were more mysterious competitors.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Geoff: INtP In conversations with Geoff, I read him as an INTP, but one that is pretty balanced on the F/T scale. He doesn't have strong use of either Fe or Fi, though, IMO. I definitely see him as Ne/Ti primary.

Geoff comes off to me as one of the more T-based INTPs, actually.

Martoon is one who seems more Ne in approach, where the Ne is allowed to bounce free without really being reined in ahead of time by Ti. (some people would say, "wait, isn't that ENTP?" but I'd say, no, that's just general theory... in reality, Martoon's still obviously an introvert, but life sometimes leads some of us to develop operating styles that focus on less on the primary as per textbook.) Geoff seems to use Ne only really in service of Ti.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Geoff comes off to me as one of the more T-based INTPs, actually. (Martoon is one who seems more Ne in approach, where the Ne is allowed to bounce free without really being reined in ahead of time by Ti.)

Yeah, I would agree with that. :yes:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Geoff comes off to me as one of the more T-based INTPs, actually.

Martoon is one who seems more Ne in approach, where the Ne is allowed to bounce free without really being reined in ahead of time by Ti. (some people would say, "wait, isn't that ENTP?" but I'd say, no, that's just general theory... in reality, Martoon's still obviously an introvert, but life sometimes leads some of us to develop operating styles that focus on less on the primary as per textbook.) Geoff seems to use Ne only really in service of Ti.

Or to put it more simply :

"Geoff's less crazy"

Edit : serious answer. Yes, Ne is used by me in service of Ti in a distance operation like the internet. In person, I'm all over the place waving my arms and trying to draw pretty pictures on flipcharts in a creative madness.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Edahn - xNtP

You oscillate more between the I/E than the T/F, I think.

Agreed. Sometimes Edahn really is surprisingly sensitive and compassionate and seems to strongly sympathize with other people, which can in a somewhat significant way belie his T-ness. Overall, though, I think he leans more T than F; he just has an endearing vulnerability and a strong desire to help people. :)

Ivy really is the unclassifiable madmin. I really don't know what comes after Introversion with her. Inxx... Thinking about it seriously and trying to recall any evidence one way or another, I have a hard time. Sometimes she strikes me as more T, other times more F. Whether she's an F or a T, a P or a J, I really just don't know.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Agreed. Sometimes Edahn really is surprisingly sensitive and compassionate and seems to strongly sympathize with other people, which can in a somewhat significant way belie his T-ness. Overall, though, I think he leans more T than F; he just has an endearing vulnerability and a strong desire to help people. :)

Ivy really is the unclassifiable madmin. I really don't know what comes after Introversion with her. Inxx... Thinking about it seriously and trying to recall any evidence one way or another, I have a hard time. Sometimes she strikes me as more T, other times more F. Whether she's an F or a T, a P or a J, I really just don't know.

She used to test ISFJ. What makes you go for intuition? (just asking, not saying you are wrong...)

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I didn't think about the N that hard, but now I am. You know, now that you mention it.... I don't see very much evidence that she is an N. It's hard to examine for me whether her past behavior (i.e., "the evidence") is more S or N. Maybe I'll mull over it. I can see ISFJ; she really is practical, to-the-point, and straightforward (edit: and doesn't coddle people), which all give her the impression of being an STJ, but she seems to strongly empathize with people, suggesting some F. So ISFJ isn't a stretch. Edit: In fact, it might be her SJness that kind of looks on the surface like Thinking, which would explain why the F wasn't obvious to me. But in light of the ISFJ typing, it all makes sense now.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ivy's an ESTJ -- she's the one who gave me all those infractions, indicating she is very by-the-book.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Ivy's an ESTJ -- she's the one who gave me all those infractions, indicating she is very by-the-book.

Most SJs are by the book, so if you see Ivy as "by the book" would that rule out, say, ISFJ?

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Most SJs are by the book, so if you see Ivy as "by the book" would that rule out, say, ISFJ?

So what do you think about Ivy's type, Geoff, or did you post about her in this thread already?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Is Ivy all that "by the book?" I don't see her that way. I think she tends to weigh the options and "rule" in favor of whatever option means a smoother functioning of the boards. She doesn't just enforce rules because she can, or because she's a big fan of rules. Plus, with a mod staff of a trillion Ps, somebody's gotta J, and protean can't do it all herself. :smile:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Is Ivy all that "by the book?" I don't see her that way. I think she tends to weigh the options and "rule" in favor of whatever option means a smoother functioning of the boards. She doesn't just enforce rules because she can, or because she's a big fan of rules. Plus, with a mod staff of a trillion Ps, somebody's gotta J, and protean can't do it all herself. :smile:

I agree, she is often the person who will actually get on and do what most of know needs doing. However, I was getting at what Uber "sees" in her, rather than what I do.