• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hi. Help me type myself?

Randi Potos

I'm new here. I've been interested in the MBTI for a while, I've taken many tests but I'm still not convinced I am being typed correctly. I find some aspects of the typing relatable while others just don't fit me. So I'd like to see what others think.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? 30-something female, living in the US.
Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? No.
Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect? I am agnostic and I consider myself anti-political, aka, some form of anarchist.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one? I am always typed as an INTP. However I think I'm more "feeling" than your stereotypical INTP. So, INFP perhaps? I'm not sure.. That's why I'm here.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life? I don't think I have a purpose in life. I think life just, is.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why? Um, all of them? Ha. What some call the seven deadly sins I'd just call human nature. I suppose if I had to pick one, I'd say sloth. I make laziness a hobby.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to - People who are quirky, kind and interesting. People who enjoy talking about deep and abstract concepts. People who are nonjudgmental and open minded.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you- I'm not really sure.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by- Very loud, obnoxious people. People who are close-minded. People who are cruel.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate. I really admire people who can be completely open and comfortable with themselves. People who seem like they fit in no matter where they are, who make friends easily and who can express themselves freely.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger- I get angry easily. I tend to stay quiet for a while and then blow up.

b) Shame- I tend to bottle this emotion up and ignore it.

c) Fear- I have anxiety. Usually about small, inconsequential things. While big issues don't really phase me much.

d) Love/passion- difficult to understand. I want it, I'm drawn to it. But it's something I've always had difficulty finding.

e) Conflict- A part of life? I don't mind conflict if it's warranted.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)? I have always struggled with connecting to others. I always feel like an outlier. I see how easy it is for others to find connections and I wonder why that's not something I can achieve.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal? I work in the animal medical field. I enjoy working with animals, I enjoy the challenge it presents and learning something new on a regular basis. It is not my ideal work environment. I"m not sure I have an ideal. I enjoy many different things. Perhaps writing, psychology, forensics, or something. Or a little bit of all of them.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on? Their mannerisms, the way they present themselves, the way they speak to and interact with others and with myself.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why? I have so many complicated thoughts on this and I can't sum it up in one paragraph. Humanity is a terrible epidemic from the earths point of view. I'm not sure it's the problems of the human race that I find myself concerned with. On one hand I do care about people, but I also realize that we are our own (and everything elses') worst enemy. Yeah. I don't know. I'd have to sit and really organize everything I think and feel to answer this properly and I'm not sure I want to right now.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests? Animals, hiking, nature, reading, writing, art, music, movies, video games, creating, researching new things, learning.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction. I don't? It's a rare occurrence. Partly because time, partly because covid and partly because I just don't have the energy to devote to other people. We text, I have some online friends, I see people at work. On the rare occasion I do see some in person, the hang out is usually just me and one or two others. We sit around, maybe have some drinks and talk about anything and everything.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why? Actions. It's easy to say something, harder to follow through and act upon it.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal - Um, duh? This is the least curse-y of all the curses. I get to live forever.
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect. I'd like to be productive and kind. I'm not always, but that's what I'd like to be.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this? I might have intermittent obsessions but I usually get bored of them and move on. I do not merge with others. I tend to always be on the outside looking in.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies? I'm messy. I am impulsive (or spontaneous) and prefer not to plan things and just do them when I feel like it.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings? Comfort is doing what I want when I want to, and not having to defer to someone else. I prefer being alone, working at my own pace and not having to worry about the way someone else is feeling about those things.