• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Enneagram core

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So, a while ago, I had created a questionnaire for enneagram and the common consensus from that post was that my core typing is Cp6w5. As to not derail other threads, I wanted to address here why I believe it's an inaccurate conclusion to draw and if you have anything to counter this response with, then feel free to give your two cents (I won't be offended if you don't agree with this post).

To start off, I can understand how my distrust of authority and my mention of having some anxiety may appear 6ish (if you're only taking those two things into account). However, there's some issues I've noticed whenever I've further considered it: the kind of anxiety that they describe for a 6 (worst case scenario thinking/trying to prepare for things too much in advance) doesn't describe me when it comes to how I approach problems, the disintegration for 3 also doesn't make a whole lot of sense due to the fact that I've gone the most consistently into a withdrawn state in times of stress as opposed to overworking myself/becoming too competitive/faking competency, and nowhere in my post do I express/appear to have the desire of over-relying on any sort of authority figure/doctrine/person for guidance. If anything, I seem to do the opposite: I try as much as I can to NOT rely on others to draw conclusions for me. In other words, I trust my own guidance more than I trust that of others (which directly contradicts the core motivation/desires of the type).

Bonus: I would be very interested in hearing your reasoning for why you think I'd be an ISTJ as opposed to an INFP [MENTION=38618]Saturnal Snowqueen[/MENTION]

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pretty sure I called you an 8 rather than a 6.

re: found my original answer:
INTJ 8w9 3w2 5w6 Sp/So

I hate the tagline of oh you stressed? you 6! I get mistyped as a 6 on the regular because of my anxiety disorder. Also there's a bit of controversy as to whether or not counterphobic 6 is really a thing. Counterphobic 6 seems more like someone afraid to believe they are an E8 in my opinion but. XD You are just showing more of that e8 kind of independence fight here, not relying on anyone, not wanting to.

But I kind of question you typing as an INFP. But an INFP 8 would manifest a bit differently. You've always come off more like a thinking type to me. But online isn't real life and this is just an assessment from here. Many INFPs with 5 tend to look more like withdrawn INTPs as well. Take your pick.

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

INTJ 8w9 3w2 5w6 Sp/So

I hate the tagline of oh you stressed? you 6! I get mistyped as a 6 on the regular because of my anxiety disorder. Also there's a bit of controversy as to whether or not counterphobic 6 is really a thing. Counterphobic 6 seems more like someone afraid to believe they are an E8 in my opinion but. XD You are just showing more of that e8 kind of independence fight here, not relying on anyone, not wanting to.

But I kind of question you typing as an INFP. But an INFP 8 would manifest a bit differently. You've always come off more like a thinking type to me. But online isn't real life and this is just an assessment from here. Many INFPs with 5 tend to look more like withdrawn INTPs as well. Take your pick.

Yeah, that's true, but I've decided to tag the majority of people from that thread in order for there to be more of a discussion here.

Also, I agree with what you've said, it seems to be too common unfortunately (with an anxiety disorder vs the 6-core mix up). Honestly, I have questioned that as well (the legitimacy of that archetype).

And I've clung onto INFP recently because of how deeply invested I am with my own personal values (it colors the way I view the world simply too much for me to ignore).

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, that's true, but I've decided to tag the majority of people from that thread in order for there to be more of a discussion here.

Also, I agree with what you've said, it seems to be too common unfortunately (with an anxiety disorder vs the 6-core mix up). Honestly, I have questioned that as well (the legitimacy of that archetype).

And I've clung onto INFP recently because of how deeply invested I am with my own personal values (it colors the way I view the world simply too much for me to ignore).

Have you considered the possibility of ISFP at all? In a healthy way they're pretty in touch with their Ni but they have a more direct bluntish nature about them that can come off thinkery. They are also Fi dominant. A lot of INFPs...especially 9 INFPs, lack the sort of assertive traits you have.

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Have you considered the possibility of ISFP at all? In a healthy way they're pretty in touch with their Ni but they have a more direct bluntish nature about them that can come off thinkery. They are also Fi dominant. A lot of INFPs...especially 9 INFPs, lack the sort of assertive traits you have.

I haven't considered ISFP because I've realized that I'm simply too abstract and intelligent to be any sort of sensing type.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

INTJ 8w9 3w2 5w6 Sp/So

I don't know [MENTION=41240]Majesty[/MENTION] well enough yet to comment meaningfully on their type. I can say that INFPs can look very different, depending on enneagram and other factors. I had an INFP student awhile back who had some of that "direct, bluntish nature" that you associated with ISFP, so much so that we gave him an "Honorary INTJ" award after one especially humorous incident. He was definitely INFP, but I don't know his enneagram. I seriously doubt he had 8 in it. I can see 5 core and perhaps 1 somewhere, as I do. An INFP with 8 may very well be more assertive and outspoken. You have to dig down into the motivations, into seeing what they reach for first Remember, too, that MBTI is meant to describe healthy types. Any sort of pathologies (not saying that applies here) can skew the results.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't considered ISFP because I've realized that I'm simply too abstract and intelligent to be any sort of sensing type.

.....so um...sensors can be quite intelligent. And sensors can enjoy intuitive abstract discussion. Sensing in this case is how you take in information for your Fi. I assume you do understand this though, or at least I hope you don't think sensors are inherently non-abstract uncreative and unintelligent beings.

re: it is a really bad MBTI stereotype that only intuitives are creative and smart. Sensors are perfectly capable of being those things.

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
.....so um...sensors can be quite intelligent. And sensors can enjoy intuitive abstract discussion. Sensing in this case is how you take in information for your Fi. I assume you do understand this though, or at least I hope you don't think sensors are inherently non-abstract uncreative and unintelligent beings.

re: it is a really bad MBTI stereotype that only intuitives are creative and smart. Sensors are perfectly capable of being those things.

I've assumed that for a while, but since you've enlightened me about why I should change my mind on the matter, my intuitive bias has melted away and I will now consider ISFP (only because you said that they can be intelligent too).

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
attachment.php

Hunty, You can be an INFP if you want

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
attachment.php

Hunty, You can be an INFP if you want

Thank you so much for validating my identity, I'm going to cry tears of joy. Because you've done this, I'm going back to not giving a thought to ISFP as my typing (I'm going to stick to my ways and not doubt my conclusion anymore than I already have).

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thank you so much for validating my identity, I'm going to cry tears of joy. Because you've done this, I'm going back to not giving a thought to ISFP as my typing (I'm going to stick to my ways and not doubt my conclusion anymore than I already have).

Glad you liked my artwork I made for you :)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

This is a totally erroneous line of thought. Also, "looping" is a way of life for some, as in they prefer to skip their second function at baseline, and it's not representative of a pathology in functioning.

MB/Jungian outlines are embarrassingly outdated. ISFPs can most certainly be exceedingly intuitive.

Also, intuition is not synonymous with intelligence.

I apologize for my bluntness... I mean no harm, I'm just a bit fatigued by these harmful misunderstandings.

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is a totally erroneous line of thought. Also, "looping" is a way of life for some, as in they prefer to skip their second function at baseline, and it's not representative of a pathology in functioning.

MB/Jungian outlines are embarrassingly outdated. ISFPs can most certainly be exceedingly intuitive.

Also, intuition is not synonymous with intelligence.

I apologize for my bluntness... I mean no harm, I'm just a bit fatigued by these harmful misunderstandings.

As an alternative, they can also be mistyped and they are an intuitive.

How so?

Explain this then:

iqbymbtitype.jpg

It's quite encouraged with this thread, it's appreciated and yeah, I understand: I'm fatigued by some misunderstandings as well.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

How so?

Explain this then:

iqbymbtitype.jpg

It's quite encouraged with this thread, it's appreciated and yeah, I understand: I'm fatigued by some misunderstandings as well.

I have no context for this chart, so I cannot explain.
I also do not blindly believe data.

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have no context for this chart, so I cannot explain.
I also do not blindly believe data.

And you just pointed out another reason why I'm considering Te inferior :unsure:

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

How so?

Explain this then:

iqbymbtitype.jpg

What I should point out (and I'm not accusing anyone here of doing it, but it is worth pointing out) is that it is quite common for people to type someone as a sensor and then accuse them of intuitive bias when they disagree with it.

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Could you explain? In your own words (that's the significance of this question).

In that I can be prone to just blindly trusting data and be lacking in critical thinking skills as you've pointed out (rather than being able to produce my own line of reasoning/arguments).

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
In that I can be prone to just blindly trusting data and be lacking in critical thinking skills as you've pointed out (rather than being able to produce my own line of reasoning/arguments).

Well, all that potentially "proves" is Te and possibly Se (in MB speak, which I shall remain in for the purposes of this discussion). It could indicate PoLR Ti (ExFP), but I wouldn't load all eggs in that basket.