• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you have time, please help out

Bakadesu

Hey guys
Can a person who strives to be content with life be a type 9. He is usually quiet calm and reserved but he is also sensitive and is early hurt (sensitive to criticism, doesn't like being looked down at), you can actually see it sometimes in his face, he says he ended up that way due to high neuroticism and inferiority complex that he developed about 5y ago (and I think he is image conscious in some way, because when he's sure he looks good or inconspicuous, he doesn't think at all about what people think about him) and he knows what to do to fix those problems and he is actually recovering. He says he enjoys solving problems and that's why he's studying for a physics degree (and he's hoping to get a job that will allow him to solve problems alone). At first I thought he is an INFP 6w5, but now I kind of doubt it, he says he enjoys feeling nothing and he is peaceful in that state, he says he likes people and likes to observe them but he doesn't like interacting with them because he thinks people can ***** for no reason at all. I think his tritype is between 952 and 954. What do you guys think.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=41648]Bakadesu[/MENTION] - I don't know if this will help you but to make it easy on my myself when I'm trying to type, I usually just look at the Hornevian and Harmonic groups. If you are unfamiliar with those, it goes like this:

Positive outlook: 9, 7, 2
Reactive: 4, 6, 8
Competent: 5, 3, 1
-----------------------------
Withdrawn: 9, 5, 4
Assertive: 3, 7, 8
Compliant: 2, 6, 1

The way to know if he's a 9: is he withdrawn/does he respond to stress by moving AWAY from people and retreating into himself for however long? And secondly, does he generally have a sort of optimistic disposition/positive outlook?

If he were a 6, by contrast, as a Compliant type he would respond to stress by finding a way to work WITH people and like be of service in some way (because 6s need outer influences to sort of calm them when they are stressed, for example.) And 6s commonly have a more fearful, negative way of viewing things when it comes to their disposition..they're more prone to reacting negatively in a very open way when there are problems. I hope this is making some sense to you. : / If you have questions you'd prefer to ask me rather than Google, feel free to quote me back.