• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cant serve two masters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:wubbie: and that's our "charm"

.... which makes me wonder why a J would wish to poach an ENTP :shock: we'd make y'all look bad!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not poaching if he is an ENTJ ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hehe, no as much as I would like to entertain the thought of being an ENTJ, a J personality is not me :). I am almost famous for my indecisiveness.

It goes that far that when I even know the answers to a question I have studied for an exam for example, it can happen that I start questioning the right answer, while writing the exam and then loosing track of the original answer in the process, because I have discovered multiple new ways to look at the problem.

That's been a great problem for me with text math excersises, I tend to overinterprete the question and then loose track of the excercise.

A good friend of mine is ENTJ and he is a really straight-forward career oriented guy. I admire in him his ability to stick on course with a thing, I lack that. I try to push myself in sticking with a thing that's how I got my BSc. anyways, but it's really a torment not to switch to other subjects of study because you got intrested in it. (I am proud of only changing my subject of study for 3 times in university. Gonna see how employeers will react on my portfolio telling that I have come from philosophy, over linguistics to engineering :D).

What is true, even it is not obvious due to function distribution, I think the ENTJ and ENTP can really have qualities of there respective other type. ENTJ's and ENTP's can have great ideas and know how to make money with it. While the ENTP is more intrested in the former, the ENTJ likes the latter (not the aquisition of wealth, but the strategy to make something clever).

Therefore I think there are similarities and I'ld really like to one day run an own company with a capable ENTJ, could be a lot of fun :D.

-------

What so confused me yesterday, was my girlfriend. She is a NF and she talked me into the idea of believing in Fi qualities in me. She has no clue about MBTI, knows just a few things from my stories, so she didnt ACTUALLY talk me into something. But I made up the ideas and sometime ago I typed myself as a Enneagram 9 and she gave me the needed hints to find out that I am a 5.

But MBTI is far more complex than enneagram and I think that I just overran any power of logic yesterday night. I think the ability of Ne to identify with people, or to see the relations of things you do, combined with Fe is a mighty weapon.

And just because those F functions are inferior within the NT, I really have to say they are there. And when they tend to show themselves, they wont leave without leaving destruction behind.

Therefore it is really a mistake to start thinking you are a F, because you have an emotional outburst. To go deeper, I even do not relate F with feeling or emotions, I relate it with that holistic view of a situation.

That is for example, if you insult a T, who thinks linear in time frames and you apologize immediantly after that, he will most likely forgive you. But you can have a complete nice day together with a F and if you insult him, he will be pissed off and destroy everything or project your insult on everything.

That's just an example for the sake of arguement, in real life people are a combination of T/F and therefore this example is just theoretical spoken, but I think the message is clear.

What I see in the ENFP is a strong ability to understand people, he is called the Champion and that is what he probably is. What confused me is that I think of me having a strong ability with people and I have, but to be honest, it is just strong influence.

I dont ask for personal things, I even do not know half the age of the people in this forum that's all little things a F uses to build a holistic view of a person and I lack that. I take linear information about people in, piece by piece and then most likely construct them from my own imagination. That is rude towards people I know, but that's what I am. Living a dream :).

All this arguements really contradict an assumption of me being F and I apologize if I have caused any trouble with my spontaneous pursuits of fligments of imagination :D.

And I really think Hank Moody is ENTP, I am 99.9% sure :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No offense, but you're way too smart to have a holistic view on things 99% of the time. Maybe it is when a person have a holistic view of things more than 50% of the time that he becomes a feeler?

Don't take it as a kick in the ass, feelers, i'm just speculating.

Must have been that P indecisiveness that kicked in. I don't know you IRL, but from what I've read, you kind of embody the ENTP type in many ways.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Good man! I'm glad to hear you put an end to this identity crisis :D