• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tritype troubs--4 or 3?

anNE_cognito

MBTI Type
NeNe
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello all you beautiful typology central people! I'm new to the site so please be gentle. Also, it's an ungodly hour to be posting so please forgive any typos I might make.

My situation is this: I'm relatively certain I'm a core 9 in my enneagram, 9w1 to be specific, but am having a hard time figuring out the rest of my tritype. I know some people don't believe in tritype, but I personally do (which apparently is a type 9 thing to do haha). Pretty sure about the 7, as I'm somewhat emotionally avoidant and use humor/optimism and plans for the future to ward off anxiety and sadness. But as for the heart fix, am having a hard time figuring that one out.

Thought I was a 2 for the longest time, but am definitely not. Thought I was a 4 for the longest time, but am now questioning that. Honestly, I act like a type 3 more than a type 4. I can be very image concerned/focused, and will sometimes change the way I present myself depending on who I'm around. I sometimes feel like a phony but I've always prided myself on being genuine and authentic (which I know is a 4 thing to say). I guess I'd call myself a real phony maybe? I don't mean to be fake, I just want people to like me. I can adapt very easily to a new workplace or social group in order to fit in. Also, I can kind of be an elitist when it comes to dating, having close friends, and applying for jobs. I know type 4 is about being original and different, and type 3 is about being the best. I'd definitely rather be the smartest or funniest or most fashionable in a group than the most interesting, different, or original. I can relate to a lot of the type 4 descriptions, and somewhat to the type's motivation/fear, but I seem to act and appear more like a type 3 (I can relate to 3's motivation/fear too though).

Another thing, tritype 974 doesn't feel exactly right. I know a 749 and she definitely fits the "fairy, sprite" description. I'm not extremely artistic myself, in fact I really only express myself through fashion (am attending fashion school) and music (I write it, and play the piano). But tritype 973 is one of the most optimistic types, I think it's triple avoidant, and I definitely get the blues. Everyone thinks I'm little miss sunshine, but inside sometimes I'm fighting the sadness and pessimism (like a type 4 does). 974 seems too idealistic and romantic and accepting to be me, I feel more materialistic and judgmental which I'd equate maybe with type 3? I do think I'm sx dom, which maybe could factor into the whole tritype equation.

Anyway, any input would be much appreciated as I've spent the past six months studying the enneagram (and mbti too!) and would really like to figure this out sooner than later. Am pretty sure I'm ENFP, although have been questioning it lately, but that's another thread altogether haha. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, advice, or information you can give me! :)

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Hello all you beautiful typology central people! I'm new to the site so please be gentle. Also, it's an ungodly hour to be posting so please forgive any typos I might make.

My situation is this: I'm relatively certain I'm a core 9 in my enneagram, 9w1 to be specific, but am having a hard time figuring out the rest of my tritype. I know some people don't believe in tritype, but I personally do (which apparently is a type 9 thing to do haha). Pretty sure about the 7, as I'm somewhat emotionally avoidant and use humor/optimism and plans for the future to ward off anxiety and sadness. But as for the heart fix, am having a hard time figuring that one out.

Thought I was a 2 for the longest time, but am definitely not. Thought I was a 4 for the longest time, but am now questioning that. Honestly, I act like a type 3 more than a type 4. I can be very image concerned/focused, and will sometimes change the way I present myself depending on who I'm around. I sometimes feel like a phony but I've always prided myself on being genuine and authentic (which I know is a 4 thing to say). I guess I'd call myself a real phony maybe? I don't mean to be fake, I just want people to like me. I can adapt very easily to a new workplace or social group in order to fit in. Also, I can kind of be an elitist when it comes to dating, having close friends, and applying for jobs. I know type 4 is about being original and different, and type 3 is about being the best. I'd definitely rather be the smartest or funniest or most fashionable in a group than the most interesting, different, or original. I can relate to a lot of the type 4 descriptions, and somewhat to the type's motivation/fear, but I seem to act and appear more like a type 3 (I can relate to 3's motivation/fear too though).

Another thing, tritype 974 doesn't feel exactly right. I know a 749 and she definitely fits the "fairy, sprite" description. I'm not extremely artistic myself, in fact I really only express myself through fashion (am attending fashion school) and music (I write it, and play the piano). But tritype 973 is one of the most optimistic types, I think it's triple avoidant, and I definitely get the blues. Everyone thinks I'm little miss sunshine, but inside sometimes I'm fighting the sadness and pessimism (like a type 4 does). 974 seems too idealistic and romantic and accepting to be me, I feel more materialistic and judgmental which I'd equate maybe with type 3? I do think I'm sx dom, which maybe could factor into the whole tritype equation.

Anyway, any input would be much appreciated as I've spent the past six months studying the enneagram (and mbti too!) and would really like to figure this out sooner than later. Am pretty sure I'm ENFP, although have been questioning it lately, but that's another thread altogether haha. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, advice, or information you can give me! :)

You could read the 27 tritypes description (with core differentiation) and pick up which ones you see yourself the most:
The 27 Tritype/Archetype Descriptions | Personality Cafe

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could you fill this out? New Questionnaire To Fill Out! Much of what you described could be attributed to being core 9. 9sx looks strongly like many 4 descriptions, particularly the less accurate 4 descriptions (I thought I was a 4 at first, though it's not even in my tritype - I'm a 9sx.)

Also, welcome to the forum! :bye: