• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type this simple peasant

a_friendly_reminder

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
I’m about 30 years old and I’m living in Sweden. The closest to religious belief is that I think that we as complex lifeforms have developed in order to increase the entropy of the universe in a faster manner. My personal beliefs is that this is our objective and collective meaning and that we together with this as human beings then create our own subjective meanings which we live after.

Politically I’m quite pragmatic but I base my political views on that we are individuals with strong empathic tendencies. I also think that the objective meaning will be fulfilled if we humans flourish so I think that we should try to eradicate unnecessary suffering to as much as possible. In such endeavour we will at the same time develop technology which will move us faster towards higher entropy.

I guess someone from outside would classify me as a left leaning liberal. Maybe social democratic. I think it’s good that the state provides free health care for example. I also chose the freedom to say what you want over laws that governs what we shall say to each other. I like the quote from Nietzsche: “Honest towards ourself and whoever else is a friend to us: brave towards the enemy; magnanimous towards the defeated; polite - always”.
b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
I basically chose between INFJ, INTJ and ISTJ. I guess I haven’t decided yet because I think I use Fe. But I also think that I use Te. I kinda like people you know but when working I’m usually at the next task before I’m finished and I have very easy to get started and finish things. I’m quite sure that I’m a strong Ni user but I fit kinda well into the description of an ISTJ as an investigator as well. ISTP might be possible to but i’m rather certain that I use Te and not Ti. I also don’t think I have Se at such high location. I think I have Se but I have big problems with being in the here and now.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
Except from what I mentioned above my purpose in life is to understand as much as possible and to get a somewhat coherent idea of what is going on with humans and the universe. At the same time I want to have the experience of being a human being.
3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
I don’t have any particular relationship to the deadly sins but I think I relate the most to greed. That’s because I kind of like having power a bit too much and it can go a bit overboard from there.
I relate the least to sloth because I’m always doing productive things. I have a hard time chilling out and I’m actively practicing meditation so that i'm able to rest.
4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I’m generally drawn towards people with alternative views on life. Preferably intelligent. These people exists in all varieties so I have a very mixed circle of friends. The people I’m naturally drawn towards are however people who like to understand the world. People who like music. But in general people who are unique and on the border to genius in some way. If they are we can usually have meaningful conversations.
b) The type of people who are drawn to you
The same as above. It seems that I’m a magnet for intp’s.
c) The type of people you are repulsed by
People who are insincere and don’t seem to have built up their own view of the world, instead they just repeat what other people think. I usually appreciate someone who has, in an honest way, tried to think about what they say.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
I actually admire the ability to feel a strong sense of care for other people. I can feel empathy for people but it does not come naturally for me to express it. I think it’s extremely beautiful that my girlfriend cares so much about all living things. She almost have trouble killing insects and always think about how other people feel about things. When she see someone who is hurt she’s mild and take care of the person even if this hinders her to reach some goal. If that happens to me I have a neutral response or gets irritated on the person being in the way.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
I can get angry when I’m under stress and something gets in my way. When people say that they’ll do something and then don’t do it because of reasons that I don’t think is reasonable. The amount of anger is directly proportional to the amount of stress I’m under.
b) Shame
I don’t have a particular relationship with shame.
c) Fear
I think that a lot of my drive comes from fear of not knowing what to do and fear of being abandoned. A fear of not being useful.
d) Love/passion
I like the sensation of being in love. I think that we need more love in the world and that we as humans would live more fulfilling lives if there were more love.
e) Conflict
I sometimes start conflicts when people don’t live up to my expectations. They can be useful but I think that a conflict rarely is the best way to influence another persons views on something or come up with the most effective solution to a problem.
7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
I’ve always had a rather ignorant relationship towards my own body. Trying to be a better friend towards it is a constant struggle.
8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I’ve studied journalism (because I thought that news reporting should be more objective) but it wasn’t for me so I quit. I tried political science because I didn’t think politicians were competent enough (I thought it was extremely boring with all the policies and laws), tried theoretical philosophy which is interesting and it was good to learn some basic philosophy (half year was enough). Now I’m in my final studies where I did a double bachelor (computer science and electrical engineering) with a masters degree in robotics focusing on deep learning and neuroscience. It’s like the perfect combination where your results might lead to less suffering while neural networks also are the most intelligent complex systems we know of which are interesting to study as is. The study of such systems might lead to higher intelligences than humans which will take the strive for higher entropy further.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
I usually ask what kind of things the person like. Whatever develops from that I tend to focus on. Sometimes it opens up an interesting conversation, sometimes not at all.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
It depends on the scale. We have immediate problems that can lead to a lot of suffering the automation of the work force. The problem of loss of collective meanings is also problematic when we want to organise a society.
That discussion between people with differing opinions is so hard.
That we might kill us as a specie because we are wired in a way that makes us focus on the here and now - and not what will happen in 100 years.
11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I produce music and play the piano (mainly a way to express feelings), I do rock climbing, reading books, I like singing (like karaoke) and I also like to dance to music individually.
13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
When I meet one person (which is the usual pattern) we usually take a walk and talk about things. Otherwise I prefer meeting friends in order to do something together, like solving a problem, climb, make music, build something. I go to parties and I prefer parties where it is something you can do like singing karaoke or playing music. I’m usually not that talkative in a party environment.
14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
I would like to prefer words but many words are insincere so I prefer action.
15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion

Elaborate on why!
The sensation of taste is not particularly strong for me so I chose to lose it. I would not like to live forever because living is in many ways a big pain. I like my memories and it would take forever to build up everything I have created. I prefer to not being limited by money and passion is a vital part of the human experience which I would like to experience again.
16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I hope to avoid being a person that accuses my environment for my shortcomings.
17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I usually don’t merge with either people or interests. Or am I already merged into my interests? Because most of what I do in life is related to my interests and I get irritated when something gets in the way. However, I don’t think i’m obsessed and try to have a somewhat balanced life because I think that will give me a more fulfilled life.
18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
I’m organised and messy. Messy from an outward perspective because my things seem to lie everywhere but I know how they are organised. I always know what’s up next and have rough plans for my day and life. I prefer to not be surprised but it can be fun at times.
19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I like an environment without noise where I have a close proximity to the forest. Not being cold and well fed maybe?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
I’m about 30 years old and I’m living in Sweden. The closest to religious belief is that I think that we as complex lifeforms have developed in order to increase the entropy of the universe in a faster manner. My personal beliefs is that this is our objective and collective meaning and that we together with this as human beings then create our own subjective meanings which we live after.

Politically I’m quite pragmatic but I base my political views on that we are individuals with strong empathic tendencies. I also think that the objective meaning will be fulfilled if we humans flourish so I think that we should try to eradicate unnecessary suffering to as much as possible. In such endeavour we will at the same time develop technology which will move us faster towards higher entropy.

I guess someone from outside would classify me as a left leaning liberal. Maybe social democratic. I think it’s good that the state provides free health care for example. I also chose the freedom to say what you want over laws that governs what we shall say to each other. I like the quote from Nietzsche: “Honest towards ourself and whoever else is a friend to us: brave towards the enemy; magnanimous towards the defeated; polite - always”.
b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
I basically chose between INFJ, INTJ and ISTJ. I guess I haven’t decided yet because I think I use Fe. But I also think that I use Te. I kinda like people you know but when working I’m usually at the next task before I’m finished and I have very easy to get started and finish things. I’m quite sure that I’m a strong Ni user but I fit kinda well into the description of an ISTJ as an investigator as well. ISTP might be possible to but i’m rather certain that I use Te and not Ti. I also don’t think I have Se at such high location. I think I have Se but I have big problems with being in the here and now.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
Except from what I mentioned above my purpose in life is to understand as much as possible and to get a somewhat coherent idea of what is going on with humans and the universe. At the same time I want to have the experience of being a human being.
3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
I don’t have any particular relationship to the deadly sins but I think I relate the most to greed. That’s because I kind of like having power a bit too much and it can go a bit overboard from there.
I relate the least to sloth because I’m always doing productive things. I have a hard time chilling out and I’m actively practicing meditation so that i'm able to rest.
4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I’m generally drawn towards people with alternative views on life. Preferably intelligent. These people exists in all varieties so I have a very mixed circle of friends. The people I’m naturally drawn towards are however people who like to understand the world. People who like music. But in general people who are unique and on the border to genius in some way. If they are we can usually have meaningful conversations.
b) The type of people who are drawn to you
The same as above. It seems that I’m a magnet for intp’s.
c) The type of people you are repulsed by
People who are insincere and don’t seem to have built up their own view of the world, instead they just repeat what other people think. I usually appreciate someone who has, in an honest way, tried to think about what they say.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
I actually admire the ability to feel a strong sense of care for other people. I can feel empathy for people but it does not come naturally for me to express it. I think it’s extremely beautiful that my girlfriend cares so much about all living things. She almost have trouble killing insects and always think about how other people feel about things. When she see someone who is hurt she’s mild and take care of the person even if this hinders her to reach some goal. If that happens to me I have a neutral response or gets irritated on the person being in the way.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
I can get angry when I’m under stress and something gets in my way. When people say that they’ll do something and then don’t do it because of reasons that I don’t think is reasonable. The amount of anger is directly proportional to the amount of stress I’m under.
b) Shame
I don’t have a particular relationship with shame.
c) Fear
I think that a lot of my drive comes from fear of not knowing what to do and fear of being abandoned. A fear of not being useful.
d) Love/passion
I like the sensation of being in love. I think that we need more love in the world and that we as humans would live more fulfilling lives if there were more love.
e) Conflict
I sometimes start conflicts when people don’t live up to my expectations. They can be useful but I think that a conflict rarely is the best way to influence another persons views on something or come up with the most effective solution to a problem.
7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
I’ve always had a rather ignorant relationship towards my own body. Trying to be a better friend towards it is a constant struggle.
8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I’ve studied journalism (because I thought that news reporting should be more objective) but it wasn’t for me so I quit. I tried political science because I didn’t think politicians were competent enough (I thought it was extremely boring with all the policies and laws), tried theoretical philosophy which is interesting and it was good to learn some basic philosophy (half year was enough). Now I’m in my final studies where I did a double bachelor (computer science and electrical engineering) with a masters degree in robotics focusing on deep learning and neuroscience. It’s like the perfect combination where your results might lead to less suffering while neural networks also are the most intelligent complex systems we know of which are interesting to study as is. The study of such systems might lead to higher intelligences than humans which will take the strive for higher entropy further.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
I usually ask what kind of things the person like. Whatever develops from that I tend to focus on. Sometimes it opens up an interesting conversation, sometimes not at all.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
It depends on the scale. We have immediate problems that can lead to a lot of suffering the automation of the work force. The problem of loss of collective meanings is also problematic when we want to organise a society.
That discussion between people with differing opinions is so hard.
That we might kill us as a specie because we are wired in a way that makes us focus on the here and now - and not what will happen in 100 years.
11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I produce music and play the piano (mainly a way to express feelings), I do rock climbing, reading books, I like singing (like karaoke) and I also like to dance to music individually.
13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
When I meet one person (which is the usual pattern) we usually take a walk and talk about things. Otherwise I prefer meeting friends in order to do something together, like solving a problem, climb, make music, build something. I go to parties and I prefer parties where it is something you can do like singing karaoke or playing music. I’m usually not that talkative in a party environment.
14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
I would like to prefer words but many words are insincere so I prefer action.
15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion

Elaborate on why!
The sensation of taste is not particularly strong for me so I chose to lose it. I would not like to live forever because living is in many ways a big pain. I like my memories and it would take forever to build up everything I have created. I prefer to not being limited by money and passion is a vital part of the human experience which I would like to experience again.
16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I hope to avoid being a person that accuses my environment for my shortcomings.
17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I usually don’t merge with either people or interests. Or am I already merged into my interests? Because most of what I do in life is related to my interests and I get irritated when something gets in the way. However, I don’t think i’m obsessed and try to have a somewhat balanced life because I think that will give me a more fulfilled life.
18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
I’m organised and messy. Messy from an outward perspective because my things seem to lie everywhere but I know how they are organised. I always know what’s up next and have rough plans for my day and life. I prefer to not be surprised but it can be fun at times.
19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I like an environment without noise where I have a close proximity to the forest. Not being cold and well fed maybe?

If you are still reading this thread, please quote this post or do a @ on my name and I will answer you.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For enneagram, I would guess 1w9, though 9w1 is possible with a very strong 1 wing. There's likely a 5 in there also, possibly 6. And I don't get a clear read on heart, but I'd guess 3.