• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me find my type in MBTI,Socionics or Enneagram Tritype system!!

Legionnaire

Thanks for helping me. Anyways before you type me, pls read it fully or atleast glance through all answers. I am curious about your opinions on my type for MBTI,Socionics and Enneagram Tritype system. Depending on system for which you are knowledgable about, it would be helpful if you type me in that system.

1. Context

a) What is your age range and general location? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I am in my 20s. As for impairments, I probably have ADHD although it is mostly just relating to what I have read about that topic online. Also I generally prefer to keep things brief, so I can avoid stating something until it is brought to my notice. I am probably Liberal left, agnostic in terms of political and religious beliefs. But my family is fairly religious. Surrounding around which I grew up is highly conservative in their thought process and so they don't really appreciate questioning them which lead me to develop an attitude to not question others but rather look stuff up online. So I don't really have anyone with whom I can really connect with or feel that I am myself. That seems to limit my creativity(even though it is something which I value since childhood) in some way I think which makes me feel resentful if I spend too much time thinking about it. So nowadays I am looking to avoid that.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

I would avoid going in depth for this question to avoid bias. But in general I can see myself in more than one MBTI profiles, I am fairly certain of my Enneagram type but not for tritype, for socionics I have to narrow down between 2 types.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

I don't really know about my purpose in life as of now. But I hope to find it overtime. Anyways I can see myself not being satisfied with regular jobs or so. I need an environment where I am encouraged to do things on my own way or on my own. Also there is quite a lot of things which needs to be changed in terms of societies beliefs, education system or so. The change as it happens is pretty slow, but in some aspects of life people are growing more tolerant to changes.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Most: Sloth I am actually pretty lazy and don't take responsibilities for most of the stuffs, unless it is by my own terms. And usually I do end up oversleeping when I am bored, waste my time playing too much video games or so, avoid doing tasks I deem unnecessary for me.

Least: Gluttony: I have pretty low need for consumption. I am rather minimalistic in that.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:

a) The type of people you are drawn to

I am more or less drawn to people who I think are useful to establish relationship with or the eccentric people. But there are very few people with whom I attempt to get along with.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

Generally no one unless someone needs something from me.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

Forceful, controlling, overly demanding, intrusive, dumb and manipulative people.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate

Getting things done rather than just thinking about how to get it done perfectly or looking for the faults which can arise due to execution. Due to that I have missed quite a lot of potential opportunities.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:

a) Anger

I usually control my anger for too long. But when I cannot control it I can either be explosive or avoid the subject all together.

b) Shame

I feel ashamed if I am not able to live up to my ideals.

c) Fear

I generally feel that way if something unexpected happens in a negative way. Or if I am forced to make a conclusion on stuff I haven't gained enough information about.

d) Love/passion

Love is something for which I don't have a definite relationship with.

e) Conflict

I generally try to avoid conflict to the best of my ability. But if it can't be helped, I would take on confrontation when the time seems right.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

I have trouble finding the thing which is for me(as in long term interest or goal, usually I get disinterested when it comes to implementation or when I have gained sufficient level, also the repetition can bore me after a certain extent), maintaining relationships or getting into relationships either due to me being too boring for others or due to not involving with others initially or due to me attempting to not let people come close to me. Then I have a problem of procrastinating stuff right until the last moment for getting into action. Also I am good at finding faults with most of the systems, although for coming up with solutions, it can take some time. So I am better as a critic compared to practical problem solving. However I can obsess over fixing such systems even if I can't or don't have power to do so. Although now it seems to be getting better, as in I don't obsess with it as much as I did before.

8) Answer only one of the following: a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I am currently studying Mechanical Engineering. I chose this field because for one, it was the best choice which was available to me. Secondly I can incorporate concepts from that topic to my fiction or video games if I am going to make them in the future. So based on that I would change the course and also prefer to go to astronomy course later. Since that seems more fun. 9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on? I usually focus on their intentions and what they are attempting to conceal.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

I am actually a bit cynical about humanity for most aspects of life. Also there are quite a lot of problems human race faces. I would mention two which I think is true. Most of the people can be manipulated by directing their hate to a specific group, by appearing charismatic even if you don't know about stuff, by psychopathic traits. By doing this they can vote for someone who isn't competent to rise to power. And this leads to slower development of our society as a whole due to several factors. Another is bullying of someone who is different from others. Ofc there are different categories of bullies, but I won't get into details for this post.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Playing video games, creating an inner world of fictional characters of my own and changing them if a new idea comes across my mind, researching stuff which I find interesting to the core, getting to the core of things and figuring stuff out for that topic is my hobby, solving some puzzles(e.g. sudoku). I also like to try and discuss about new food I try, another of my interest is talking about concepts and facts of Super cars or race cars, discussing power scaling of some fictional characters,etc . As for interests in the long term, I am fairly interested in some aspects of astronomy, about learning how the world works to feel secure and so on.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)?

When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction. I prefer one on one conversation, initiation of conversation depends on how I perceive them, their interests and so on. Usually I would like to debate about topics of interest with them, try to know more about their opinions and where they are coming from, figuring out their patterns and so on. I also can sometimes troll them, play devil's advocate on some topics I get close to them.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Both are interrelated. One is not necessarily more important than other. An ill thought out action without having verbal discussion or thought is easily bound to collapse and can end up in tragedy. Similarly, all words but no action can lead to getting nothing done,procrastination or so. There are multiple ways to look at this. I think this is my most prominent answer as of now. All that said, I am aware of arguments people make to prove action>words, but it depends on context in reality.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….

a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste

Hmm, that curse isn't all that bad. This can also get rid of bad tastes of food and can make me less picky of them.

b) To be immortal

That's actually a blessing if you get it in a certain way. There are different ways this curse can work actually. You can get to witness the evolution of humanity and their technology and their possible fall. Also you can learn more about stuff if you are immortal.

c) To lose your memories

Its not a problem for me, but would depend on which memories are going to be erased.

d) To be poor for the rest of your life

Would be my least preferred curse. But can make me tougher.

e) Or to never experience passion

I don't see how this would make much of a difference in my life.

Elaborate on why!

So based on all that I would go with b.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

I would like to avoid being controlling, forceful, dependent on others and ending up like everyone else or my current self. Because I am more aware of what most people lack and am fairly self critical as well.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I can get obsessed with stuff I like way too much. In an attempt to gain information I want to know for myself, I would try different approaches to get to that. But after a while I get bored and change the interest. I merge more with my own interests. But I am not sure how I feel about this idea.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

I am messy but at the same time, I don't like news from others. Now for plan and blueprints vs impulse and surprises, it usually depends. There are activities for which I prefer one over the another and the opposite. So its hard to say a definitive answer to this.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

Comfort zone can be created or adjusted by constantly revising it. Going with the flow is one way to create comfort for yourself. But at the same time being too much into comfort zone can prevent you from doing stuff you want to do. Better way to create it is just to change the present comfort zone to another slowly and therefore increase your tolerance to change. But for some people the change is the comfort zone. I prefer a balance between change and stability for myself. Too much stability can lead to stagnation and boredom, while too much change can lead to chaos if it isn't controlled or planned out thoroughly.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP, and your tritype is 947 sp/sx, I believe.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would guess thinker in MBTI, and 6 sp/so, perhaps 69x.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suggested 69x (though I could also see the possibility of 96x), because you seem quite concerned with security and sniffing out possible dangers from others - what others might be concealing, if they might be manipulative, and you like to play devil's advocate. I couldn't get a good read for a suggestion for your heart, maybe 3. :)

Legionnaire

I suggested 69x (though I could also see the possibility of 96x), because you seem quite concerned with security and sniffing out possible dangers from others - what others might be concealing, if they might be manipulative, and you like to play devil's advocate. I couldn't get a good read for a suggestion for your heart, maybe 3. :)
What do you think my type is on other dichotomies(T excluded or all dichotomies for mbti)? Well as for security thing, yes, I am a bit like that about people. So I prefer to keep most of them at a distance. But during my high school years I was comparatively more trusting and during my childhood I was too trusting it seems even tho I knew others didn't really meant what they said(I had a hunch of what they would do, which usually turned out to be correct) or so but I gave them a benefit of doubt(e.g. Childhood friends). Although I never felt the need to establish relationship for security(if that is 6's theme). I wanted to feel secure by feeling useful and competent.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, I'm not great at Mbti typing. ;)