• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me, please :-)

nightoftheshallow

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello,
As you may have noticed this is my first post here. I confess the reason for joining was to be typed, as it has been a mystery to me for so long. On tests, I always score, in order, INTP>INFJ>INFP>INTJ. In addition to those types, I have considered ENFP, ENTP, ISFJ, and ISFP, but having read the descriptions and function stackings for each of those, none sound very much like me. The two types I am most stuck between seem to be INFJ and INTP. I'm pretty sure I use Ti and Fe, but it's hard for me to discern whether I use Ni or Ne more as I can barely tell the difference between those two! On the typologycentral test I got INTP, with an overall preference of Ne>Ni>Ti>Fi>Fe>Si>Te>Se. I used one of the pinned questionnaires, and also used a description of myself to get typed on Reddit (where I was unfortunately ignored :shrug:) that I think was pretty comprehensive. If it helps, I am 100% certain my enneagram is 4w5, fairly certain that my tritype is 4-5-8 with sp/sx stacking, and I relate to these descriptions more than I do any MBTI. On to the questionnaire!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I know that INTPs aren't robots, but on some level I felt just too emotional to be an INTP. I don't think I make decisions purely on emotion and values, but I don't think anyone would describe me as an objective person at all- I usually would do what feels the most comfortable to me over something that is pragmatic. Also, I feel like I have too much Fe- I care very much about how I am seen in the ways of others, and usually will give up what I want for myself to be seen as liked and popular.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I think on some level I want to prove myself to people who doubt me, and be successful and well-loved. It sounds a bit vain reading it to myself, but I want everyone who I have ever felt rejected by to look at me years from now and feel jealousy. Sometimes it feels like that is my driving emotion- jealousy.
Skipped third question.
4) What makes you feel inferior?

I have always felt a disconnect from me and other people, where I wanted on some level to be liked and well-respected but I always came off as too awkward and, for lack of a better word, weird. Because of this, I became a little elitist and started priding myself on uniqueness, although on some level deep down I felt shame about this. I think I feel inferior because of how hard it is to connect with people, even though it is a deep desire of mine. 5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
A combination of pros-cons (how good it will be for me) and what other people think of it, as I often am willing to give up desires of my own if I feel it will cause discord.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don't like not knowing where something is going, and usually try to have even a vague idea in mind of where I want to go before starting. II emphasize the project innovation, and try to come up with new ideas- I won't do a project if I believe it's been done before.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

When I was 14, my middle school held a sort of informal outdoor party for the graduating students. This was the last time I got to hang out with all my middle school friends at once, and we had a great time eating nice food, playing carnival games (it was sort of a fair set up) and going on the rides they had.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Usually just learning it in the form of a book or video is the best way. I do like seeing an example of the concept however, as it is hard for me to blindly believe something without it making sense for me.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Not at all- this is the major point of contention between me and the rest of my family who are extremely organized. I am quite outwardly messy, but I like to think I have an organized mind.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Definitely the first.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

First option, generally I will give up doing what I want for the good of others.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Thinks before speaking, sometimes this can lead to me not being able to say anything because I overthink about how what I say will be perceived by others.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I definitely think before acting, this can lead to me being almost paralyzed with indecision but I definitely prefer it this way as it's harder to make mistakes.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Stay home. Every time I go out I regret it and want to return home immediately. I'm not sure if this means anything, but I also rarely watch TV- it bores me because I feel like there is zero stimulation.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I become overly critical, negative, take things personally, have bursts of emotion, and get angry easily. I overindulge in junk food and lie motionless in my room.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don't really like people who are very loud, and that to me seem inauthentic- but I believe there is some level of jealousy there as "inauthentic" to me is just people who are well liked and respected.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I love talking about my interests, especially if they also know about them- if I find someone who is as into them as I am I can't stop talking to them.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Social obligations- I am borderline hermetic at this point.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I think my friends perceive me as being a lot more sociable than I am- I often fake this for their sake. I can seem happy and present at functions when all I can think about is going home. I also think I have presented myself as being a lot more caring than I actually am- I am always there when my friends need me for emotional support, but it is more of a duty/obligation and I often resent them for it.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I think I would do something outwardly stimulating, like go to an amusement park, and then eat a nice dinner. I would not want to go with many people, but maybe one friend.

This is the description I wrote of myself. I would hide it under a spoiler but....I haven't figured out how to do that just yet :newwink: I copy pasted this directly from the Reddit thread, so I may repeat some stuff here.

As a child, I definitely felt introverted- I preferred my own company to that of my friends, and often preferred doing activities alone- but found that I could fake extroversion very well. In 8th grade, I tested as ENFP- this was however according to 16personalities, which I know has a bad reputation. As a little kid, I had a reputation for being strictly academic, eager to please, a bit of a teacher's pet, as well as the "weird" kid- I liked doing things my own way, but I also wanted to get the approval of teachers and especially my parents. I was very ambitious, and often daydreamed about the future. I had goals, but they were extremely lofty- I remember looking up what university had the lowest acceptance rate and deciding that I wanted to go to that uni! I was a pretty smart kid, and my parents fed into that. As much as I cringe at the thought now, especially now that I know that I really am not that intelligent, I definitely valued my smarts more than anything else, and thought myself better than my peers because of this. I was also really curious- I couldn't stand not knowing something, I would bother my parents until they told me exactly why something worked, and would often ask them again and again just to make sure I knew exactly why. I was also really daydreamy- I remember being yelled at by teachers in school because I could never pay attention and be a diligent student, instead preferring to live in my own head. I wasn't really gifted in the arts to be honest, at least technically, but I remember really wanting to create something new and never seen before. Emotionally, I don't think I was that volatile, or at least no more volatile than most elementary school students.

In middle school, my personality changed a little, for the better in my opinion- I learned to become less snobby and more friendly and approachable. When I look at which cognitive functions I used the most in this time period, I definitely see Fe. I cared a lot about what people thought about me, and changed my personality to fit that- I noticed how people considered me a bit strange and tried to fit that mold, attempting to be this awkward mix between my previous academic self and a class clown. I had a wide circle of friends, but felt close to no one. I also started caring a lot more about social status. I felt like a chameleon. I think I became a lot more emotionally volatile in this period too, but it only concerned one person- my father- who I had always had a turbulent relationship with. We frequently had different versions of the same argument, that always ended up me with me in tears and having huge dramatic outbursts. I knew that there would always be the same result, but it was extremely hard for me to change my behavior, as I knew no other way of doing this.

On to my current personality, I think it's a lot easier for me to list aspects as they come to mind rather than writing things in paragraph form.

I grew way more introverted than I ever have been before. I feel close to no one, and although I definitely feel bad about this, I don't work to remedy it.

I am a huge procrastinator. I wait until the last possible moment to do things. However, I always know where I'm going with something- I am unlikely to do something at the last minute if I'm not 100% sure I am able to complete it in time, and it's easy for me to judge if I am able to.

I am ambitious, but often unwilling to do the steps it takes to reach to where I want to be.

I am extremely independent. I hate being dependent on people, because I feel as if I am bothering them and that they are unreliable, and also I just hate the thought of being dependent in general for reasons I find hard to explain.

Physically, I am pretty sedentary. I don't crave outward experiences as much as most people, with the exception of food.

I am a girl. I feel like because of this and the expectations people have for women, even if I am a thinker I have been taught to develop feeling functions more. My mother is definitely XSFJ leaning ESFJ and my father, I am fairly sure, is INTJ. I don't really think I act like any of them, but if I had to chose one it would be my father, despite our frequent clashes. I believe that my mother taught me to value Fe and my father taught me to value Te. I feel uncomfortable using both, but I think I use Fe a lot more than I do Te.

I am extremely self-aware of my emotional state, but it is very hard for me to describe what I am feeling.

Some of my favorite activities used to be reading, writing fiction, playing sudoku (I was weirdly competitive about it), and playing guitar/songwriting, but I feel more of a lack of energy nowadays.

Appearance wise, I either tend to look totally dingy (most of the time) or go out every few weeks and do my hair and makeup and try to impress people.

My friends consider me caring and nurturing, because I often feel obligated to help them when they are in need of emotional support and always do. Despite this, I really would rather not and consider it a chore, often being secretly annoyed about it. My first instinct is to give advice rather than emotional support.

I have found that I only ever get angry in one situation- if I feel as if people aren't listening to me and don't care about listening to what I have to say. I also get really frustrated when people don't listen to my explanations of things, as most of my controversial actions have perfectly reasonable motives, at least to me

I came back to edit stuff like four times for this post, if that means anything

Looking over my post, I think younger me acted more like an INTP, older me acted like an INFJ, and current me falls somewhere in between. I would write more, but this is so, so much already. If anyone *does* read this, I appreciate it so much, as this question has been plaguing me for months now. Thank you :)

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
This thread has only one view (now two with me)! Am I and the OP the only ones seeing this? [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] Lumi can you see this thread?

I might answer this later. I like to answer type me threads on a burst and my last burst was just 8 days ago.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ. I see a lot of Fe, some Ti, and I definitely see inferior Se.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
INFJ. I see a lot of Fe, some Ti, and I definitely see inferior Se.

Yep, was going to say similar. Ti seemed to influence your writing to a significant degree, and Fe next since you said you could fake extroversion fairly well. The gestalt reminds me of a distant introverted type. INFJ would be my best guess.