• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm an ENTP 9w8. AMA

Smoke

MBTI Type
IsFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Title says it all.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Then why you had created this thread?
You want me to say "yeah, you are ENTP 9w8"?

Smoke

MBTI Type
IsFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Then why you had created this thread?
You want me to say "yeah, you are ENTP 9w8"?

I'm bored and the "recent posts" are not giving me inspiration, so I figured out it would be fun to make a random thread to talk a little bit with the other users. I don't want you to confirm my type. I'm sure about that. I want to explain things regarding how I work to the people who are not familiar with my types.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I'm bored and the "recent posts" are not giving me inspiration, so I figured out it would be fun to make a random thread to talk a little bit with the other users. I don't want you to confirm my type. I'm sure about that. I want to explain things regarding how I work to the people who are not familiar with my types.

Oh, I get it...

9w8 is a real big sort of contradiction (but I know in the end that just means 8>1), I suggest you to use tri-type instead.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's it like being a real-life Jim Halpert?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are traps gay?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Was it difficult to figure out your type at all? 9w8 (and generally 9 core ExTPs) ENTPs in particular are often under-represented in both statistics and descriptions despite the likelihood that they are not particularly "uncommon."

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you ever take a dump, made you feel like you just slept ten hours?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's it like being a real-life Jim Halpert?

Yeah Jim seems like a classic 9w8. But I am not so sure about his mbti type. Maybe the way-too-laid-back vibes shadows his Ne.

e9 kinda acts like a limiting factor for one's extroverted functions and e6 kinda acts like an amplifier.

So Jim's Pe is limited to others - that is if he is a Ne dom.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How does the mental inertia of being a nine combine with the dominant Ne of an ENTP? Nine correlates heavily with introversion and eight with Te/Se, it's hard for me to imagine what this combination even looks like. I imagine this ENTP doesn't fit the typical archetype.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah Jim seems like a classic 9w8. But I am not so sure about his mbti type. Maybe the way-too-laid-back vibes shadows his Ne.

e9 kinda acts like a limiting factor for one's extroverted functions and e6 kinda acts like an amplifier.

So Jim's Pe is limited to others - that is if he is a Ne dom.

It's true Ne is associated with being a little zany and E9 could temper that in a Pe-dom. But, his constant scheming and inventiveness with respect to the Dwight pranks seems pretty Ne to me, haha (just one example).