User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default Seeking help with self typing (questionnaire)

Hi, I made this account years ago but never got very deep into typology and eventually forgot about it. I've rediscovered it now and I'd appreciate some help with my MBTI/Enneagram/Instinctual variant since I'm still pretty clueless about all that.
    I filled in this questionnaire but it wouldn't let me post it for some reason, presumably because I have 0 posts and it's pretty long? Idk. Here it is:

Questionnaire for typologycentral : dollste4k

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads all that

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    135 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

XNFJ?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfalcon8 View Post
    XNFJ?
    That's interesting, I didn't think I came off as a high Ni user, mind explaining your reasoning?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Well, I wanted to post another questionnaire here in case it would help, but it keeps denying my posts (I may post it to reddit and link it here later since I spend so much damn time on it). So have these test results instead:

2020-09-11 (28).jpg

2020-09-12 (2).jpg

I don't know how accurate those tests are, but so far I'm leaning towards either xSxP or maybe xNFJ, and either 5, 9, or 1.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Questionnaire pt 2! Any input is appreciated.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

I really want to say I'm seeing a lot of 6 here, so last.
    Maybe 613 or 614. You've got the sort of ping ponging of a 6 where you're sometimes this way and sometimes that, but they're both authentically you and you're self critical in a 1ish way.

I also do see Fi. But I'm not good at MBTI typing so I'll leave it at that.

I'm gonna put your other questionnaire here in a spoiler
    There is a crack in everything
    T h a t ' s...h o w...t h e...l i g h t...g e t s...i n
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

@Luminous
    Thank you for your explanation and posting the questionnaire I'm pretty sure of being so-last too, but I'm having some trouble distinguishing between sx/sp and sp/sx. I can be really closed off and have that hot and cold quality but once we're close it's a different dynamic and I don't feel that "membrane" between myself and my object of interest like I've seen in sp/sx descriptions. It's like I act like a sp/sx most of the time, until I'm actually interested. Idk though, I have to read more still.

I do relate to the ping-ponging 6 thing you mentioned (lol) but the 6 core fear doesn't resonate with me too much... I'm not all that focused on security and support, and I'm not really an anxious person either. I definitely have been in the past, but once I got past a certain level of health I chilled out a lot... so maybe I am a 6 and I'm just healthier now? And I guess being so-last and possibly a Fi user could make me less dependent on outer systems of support. And yeah I definitely have some sort of 1 influence like you said too.

After reading up on MBTI, if I'm any sort of Fi user I'd say I'm most likely an ISFP. I do place a lot of importance on personal significance and meaning, and I can be kind of a crybaby at times lol, but I think I'm a lot less focused on what I consider good/bad and I've never been very self centered or too into my own feelings even during my unhealthier days. This may be explained when taking enneagram into consideration though so I won't completely discard it yet, plus my understanding of the functions is still kinda basic.

Anyway, kinda rambling now. Thanks a lot for your input, I really appreciate it.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

ISTP.

The first thing the stood out to me was your description of yourself as always being adept at "cutting through the bullshit". This is strong Se and weak Ne. Your gripes with laziness, describing it as being a quality in others that you disdain because you value hard work from yourself also falls in line with high Se. When asked why others are attracted to you, you struggle to accurately assess the psychological distance between yourself and others which makes me think weak Fi. Your criticism of those who lack "drive" and motivation is again, indicative of Se/Ni. At about quarter way through the first questionnaire, I would say with 100% certainty that you are Se/Ni.

The concern with the degeneracy of others is Fe, specifically common from xSTPs due to it being lower in their functional stack and thus less complexly utilized. The repulsion towards close-minded people also seems to paint a Te user's persona, making me think Ti is strongly valued. The whole "Anger" paragraph is dripping with Fe but also seems very enneagram 9w8, which I would look into if you are interested. Your description of merging also is in line with this.

"I thought there was something inherently wrong with me and “right” with everyone else, I felt repulsive and like an outcast." It is your demon Fi that makes you feel morally inadequate and inferior Fe that causes you to feel social anxieties.

"Organized mess" is a term I believe I've heard more than once to describe the physical realm of ISTPs. I don't think you're an ISFP at all, you appear to have demon Fi, not valued as dominant in the least.
    Last edited by notmyapples; 09-15-2020 at 12:03 PM.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

@notmyapples

After doing some more reading, I think your interpretation lines up best with what I have in mind right now. So far the only thing that makes me think Fi seems to be how much I care about personal significance/meaning but I suppose that could also be a Ni and/or sx thing, because otherwise I don't relate to it much at all, and inferior Fe would explain a lot of things. Definitely agree that I'm a clear Se > Ni user too.
    In regards to enneagram, the core fear for 9 is extremely relatable, and has caused me to be excessively accommodating to those close to me in the past... among other things I could get into but then this would get a bit too long. I'm unsure if I'm 9w8 or 9w1 though. I'm definitely self critical and a perfectionist, I care a lot about bettering myself, and 9w8 seems to be more lax in this regard. At the same time though, 9w1s seem to have a different relationship with their anger than I do. I don't really feel guilty about expressing anger tbh, as long as I don't say or do anything super hurtful to someone I care about, whereas 9w1s seem to be uncomfortable with expressing anger in any way. After a certain point in my childhood I became better at enforcing my boundaries and projecting an image of "toughness" and imperturbability so that no one would mess with me, which seems more 9w8 than 9w1. Correct me if I'm generalizing too much.
    Any thoughts on my possible instincts? I'm stuck between sp/sx and sx/sp at the moment. And thanks a lot for your comment also.
    Likes notmyapples liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mofongo View Post
    ISTPs certainly have strong feelings of personal significance and meanings, xSxPs are usually very intrigued by conspiracy theories and uncovering "hidden" things which you were correct in assessing as the influence of Ni.

After a certain point in my childhood I became better at enforcing my boundaries and projecting an image of "toughness" and imperturbability so that no one would mess with me, which seems more 9w8 than 9w1.
    This quote alone sells me on 9w8. The self-image of toughness directly correlates to 8, I believe the traits you see as being related to enneagram 1 is a combination of your dominant Ti and demon Fi.

For instinctual variants, I haven't brushed up on my knowledge of them recently so I wouldn't confidently be able to deduce which subtype you are specifically but enneagram 9s are most commonly self-preservation dominant.
    Likes mofongo liked this post