• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you confirm my type please? I think I may already know.

BlackStarla

1) What aspects of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Just doing more research and finding out tests are unreliable and then asking friends and family for their opinion of my type and getting varying results.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for acceptance mostly. I spent my childhood years dealing with crippling social anxiety and I've been trying to push myself ever since. I want to prove to others I can be just as confident, just as interesting and fun as everyone else. I want to step out of my comfort zone, try new things, see the world and help others. I can't wait until I'm older and wiser so I can inspire others to better themselves. I also yearn for good friends and a partner who is loyal to me and encourages me no matter what path I choose. I also would like to explore the world, see new things and experience 'magic'!

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I felt at my finest when I'd just moved to a new city and I had this 'new life, new me' mentality. I forced myself to get out there and meet new people and say 'yes' to new experiences. I felt so excited about the novelty of it all (like anything could happen to my life) and people started to take a shine to me and I felt accepted finally! I also had a new place I could call 'my own' and it felt good to put my own stamp on it. I spent weeks decorating it to look exactly how I envisioned it (taking inspiration from all the designs I loved on Pinterest) and when people came over they could get more of an idea of who I was and what I liked.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Loud people who dominate the entire group because I'm a wallflower so just feel lost when everyone is fighting for the spotlight. Also, I feel inferior around people who are super stylish and confident in their body as I've always been a bit awkward and image-conscious (I'm a tomboy who wants to be girly).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I tend to worry that if I make a decision too early, something better will come along or I'll have a change of heart and then it will upset people if I back out. Also, if I'm deciding on a purchase, I have a tendency to over-research and look at every option possible before buying. I want to make sure my purchase reflects 'me' the most and gives me the most satisfaction. It's weird though because on the opposite side of things I can also be really impulsive with purchases. I'm very attracted to bargains, deals and shiny new things. I'll be the person who goes out for bread and comes back with a ukelele. I tend to get excited by all the possibilites this new thing could give me.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I'm very outcome focused and I want fast results most of the time so I'm always looking for the best way to achieve the thing I want (even if it's more expensive or extreme). I know I don't have the patience to routinely commit to something so I just try and get it all completed right away, otherwise I'll give up. Often I leave things until the very last minute because I work better under pressure. Also, I'm always thinking of the future outcomes of a project, like how sustainable it is in future, like how much prestige it will offer, who else is doing the same thing, is it unique enough, how much money will it provide me with etc. I tend to think so far ahead that I fail to actually start it most of the time.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I always have a lot of fun at escape rooms. I love the fact its a very adrenaline-heavy environment where everyone has to act fast and we all get to play a part. I love that it takes you out of reality for a while and it feels like you're on an important adventure or mission.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

So I'm learning to paint at the moment. I was bored last month and knew I had some paints and brushes lying around so I followed a youtube tutorial of a sunset and it turned out pretty decent. So then I went out the next day and bought myself a bunch of new paint tools and canvas etc. I haven't actually touched them since but I'm sure I'll follow another tutorial when I'm next in the mood. Basically, I learn best when I'm watching other people do it and then copying them exactly.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Not very. I'm not the best at keeping up with day-to-day chores, but I think I'm pretty good if a new situation pops up or an emergency happens.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'm usually on-board and excited by new ideas at first, but usually I'll need someone else to inform me if it's actually logical/practical or not. Again, it's the attraction to shiny things without looking at the fine print. I'll just as easily dismiss new ideas once I learn their true nature and then I'll use what I've learned to ward others off the new idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I'm usually more concerned over group harmony than my own feelings. I'm told I'm highly empathetic and can sense what another person is feeling easier than most, so I'm always conscious of what I say and do knowing that it may upset someone. With people I'm very close too I can be more selfish.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking mostly. In fact I probably overthink a lot of the time but I think that's more to do with anxiety than my personality. I prefer small groups or one-on-one communication because my voice is fairly quiet so I need to feel heard. If I'm around people I'm comfortable with I'm more likely to blurt out random, airheaded things without thinking, or ask questions no one else thought to ask, and I think that's when people see the "real" me.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

If a good friend suggests a new idea to me, I'm likely to just jump into it and get carried away with the idea... but if its a personal decision I'm making for myself or if I'm entering a new social situation I'm more likely to overprepare for it for fear of making a mistake.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

It really depends on how much energy I have left, if I look okay, if I'm "in the mood" or not. If there's nothing holding me back, I'm likely to go out because I'd fear I'd be missing out if I didn't.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get moody, irritable and snappy and try and avoid humans in general because I know I could end up saying something I'll regret. I'm usually not a very emotional person but high stress brings out tumultuous emotions in me and I can have bursts of rage that surprises other people.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

People who abandon projects/relationships quickly because they got 'bored' annoy me because I'm someone who loves to perfect things and adapt things until they work for everyone. I also dislike it when people are overly gossipy and judgemental and don't look deeper into things. I'm super analytical so I'm always trying to pick people apart in a way where I want know exactly how they tick, so when someone comes along and thinks they know better without any facts it bothers me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like conversations about my past and others pasts. Its super interesting to me to learn what made people become they way they are. I love being able to relate to someone else's experience and find out things that connect us both. I also love conversations surrounding philosophy, the meaning of life, the unknown, conspiracy theories etc.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Planning for the future in a practical way, noticing details in my immediate surroundings (e.g. a stain on the wall), remembering to text someone back - basically I lack common sense a lot of the time but I'm trying to get better at it.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

My friends will say that I'm someone who seems rather serious and standoffish at first but once I open up I'm actually very playful, childlike, creative and easy-going. I'm told I'm very resilient and I can take a lot of sh** from people and bounce back from it. I'm fairly selfless and always willing to help others with personal struggles. People know I'm not good with showing my own emotions, which is why I focus on other's emotions so much. They think I'm super empathetic for this reason. People also love how inquisitive and open-minded I am and therefore find me a good conversationalist one-on-one.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? (not during quarantine)

Firstly, I'll look to see if there are any local events happening because I don't like to miss out. Otherwise, I like to play video games, go for drink with a close friend, or go for a picnic in the woods and read graphic novels in the sun (weather permitting). I also love exploring new places so I may go on a road trip to the zoo or something.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, with MBTI, when I read your first few answers, I was thinking IxFJ.

As I continued, there was more flexibility involved, so I was leaning towards towards INFx.

(Also, it's a known quirk of the test that SFP can resemble N to some degree. So there's a small outlier that the quirkier stuff would just be ISFP looking more iNtuitive without necessarily being reflective of iNtuitive. I think it's more the chaos factor that ISFP seems to represent in its approach to abstraction, though, and I don't see that here as much -- the abstracted elements seemed to be purposed and ordered versus random.)

I'm still kind of seeing INFJ or INFP, there's just some flex in the read so I can't quite narrow it down -- I see elements of both at play here and potential overlap, it kind of depends on you specifically, how you were raised, your background experiences and how they shaped you, etc. I was still leaning INFJ at first but there's stuff here that could legitimately be INFP.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see much more Ne than Ni. I would think that a Ni user (especially an Ni-dominant) would care much more about the future. Ne is about new ideas. I definitely see more Ne than Ni. INFP.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

Gee, this one is controversial, because I see Ne a lot on your text, zero doubts.
New experiences, feeling better and energized at a new environment, being open, jumping to new ideas, appreciating novelty, etc... There is lots of Ne on the text, at least for me.

As for the rest, I see both a little bit more feeling than thinking, so for me you are ENFP on cognitive functions. However, dichotomy speaking, you seem more INFP instead: Have some tendency of seeking intimacy (although I bet lot of ENFPs takes that routes because of... well, the reasoning is long), retreating sometimes, things like that.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is 100% an Fe user, every single block of text was focused on other's experiences or emotions. They say others find them empathetic because they are selfless and focus on the feelings of others, something demonstratively true in this questionnaire.

Very strong Se focus in texts but the self-descriptions do not match the normal behavior of an Se dominant, making me think this might be an XNFJ that is romanticizing their lower Se function. No clue where anyone is seeing Ne/Si. This person loves being forced out of their comfort zone, textbook inferior Se, and is all about planning for the future in their own words.

People who abandon projects/relationships quickly because they got 'bored' annoy me because I'm someone who loves to perfect things and adapt things until they work for everyone.

This is an INFJ.