• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused about enneagram type

luli1234

I'm confused about my enneagram type. On internet based tests, I tend to score as 4w5.
None of these were full-scale enneagram tests.
I have the e-book version of Discovering your personality type, by Riso & Hudson.
The e-book contains a RHETI sampler. On the full scale RHETI, I scored as 5w4.
So, am I a 4w5 or a 5w4.
I find this interesting as I've always identified more with the description of 5w4 rather than 4w5.
Especially because I'm a deep thinker, eccentric & unworldly.
I like artistic pursuits, but I think it is important to engage with the world, and have a puritanical bent.
I'm not just hedonistic or rock n roll like a lot of enneagram 4's tend to be.
I know this is a bit of a stereotype, though. I hope i haven't offended anyone.
What do u think?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tests often give 4 as a result for non-4s.

Go with the info you're finding in good sources, like the book you mentioned.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm confused about my enneagram type. On internet based tests, I tend to score as 4w5. None of these were full-scale enneagram tests. I have the e-book version of Discovering your personality type, by Riso & Hudson. The e-book contains a RHETI sampler. On the full scale RHETI, I scored as 5w4. So, am I a 4w5 or a 5w4. I find this interesting as I've always identified more with the description of 5w4 rather than 4w5. Especially because I'm a deep thinker, eccentric & unworldly. I like artistic pursuits, but I think it is important to engage with the world, and have a puritanical bent. I'm not just hedonistic or rock n roll like a lot of enneagram 4's tend to be. I know this is a bit of a stereotype, though. I hope i haven't offended anyone. What do u think?
try the test from enneagram explorations

luli1234

Actually did the test on Sakirnorva RHETI test.
I got 4w5. Tritype 451.
It has 144 question & appears to be a copy of the original full scale RHETI.
Here is the link:
rheti enneagram test

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I'm confused about my enneagram type. On internet based tests, I tend to score as 4w5.
None of these were full-scale enneagram tests.
I have the e-book version of Discovering your personality type, by Riso & Hudson.
The e-book contains a RHETI sampler. On the full scale RHETI, I scored as 5w4.
So, am I a 4w5 or a 5w4.
I find this interesting as I've always identified more with the description of 5w4 rather than 4w5.
Especially because I'm a deep thinker, eccentric & unworldly.
I like artistic pursuits, but I think it is important to engage with the world, and have a puritanical bent.
I'm not just hedonistic or rock n roll like a lot of enneagram 4's tend to be.
I know this is a bit of a stereotype, though. I hope i haven't offended anyone.
What do u think?

Jung said: "In the foregoing descriptions I have no desire to give my readers the impression that such pure types occur at all frequently in actual practice"
He was referring to the 8 main types of Jung typology (one for each cognitive function).
I think that this can also apply to enneagram and to many other systems as well.
So, if you score highly on 4 and 5, then perhaps you are a mix of both - and there is nothing wrong with that. If your confusion really doesnt get solved, I suggest to just pick the one you think its the coolest as your core/main type, and the other one as the fix or wing.