• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Function Inquiry

Gwyn

Hi, I'm confused as to if I'm trying to look for ways in which my preferences would fit certain function stacks. As a result, I have been trying to observe my inferior function and what it might be. A little bit about what I do under stress:

My stress levels have been high all year, and I am currently under a lot of stress as I am having to move at an inconvenient time, nor is it because I am unable to pay rent, etc. It's just how it is due personal interests of my roommate I think.

So, I've noticed I will fixate on specific ways to entertain myself to bring comfort. One being I discovered Doctor Who during quarantine. It's to the point that it's all I really post about on my instagram. I don't share it with anyone else or anywhere (facebook) else (except here right now) as I think it annoys people. Still, I'm loving the concepts that I tend to think about and believe in the most which is the doctor's speeches on kindness, character development, people being "bigger on the inside than they are on the outside" sort of philosophy. Essentially, when stressed and having anxiety, I will fixate on a fandom and research so much into it. I tend to stick with and obsess about that fandom when it aligns with values and philosophies I like reading/watching about.

Another topic I will fixate on is Jung Cognitive Functions/MBTI. There is something about reading about varying cognitive functions, stacks, loops etc that comfort me. It is also a bonus if I am able to discuss the topic of Cognitive Functions with others, which I cannot really do in real life because others just don't find it interesting. I have to admit, my writing on this forum and asking this question is a form of alleviating that stress as we speak.

When stressed, I will also think about what needs to be done, but in a more nose to the grindstone sort of way. I have to power through it, and I must admit I feel upset when people think I'm not working through my problems correctly (why would you pack your stuff like this? Telling me what to do when I very well know as an adult how and when to get something done responsibly). Which leads me to the next point and why I am confused.

Sometimes it may slip out when someone seems to be dictating my life ( or where they seem to have a sense of control over other people's lives) where my tone will have an air of annoyance. I must admit I do not assert myself and I tend to not let people know when I am annoyed. Rather, I feel bitter inside and start vowing things to myself such as "I will not act like this to people just because life takes them a little longer or because I got in a relationship"). I may bite my tongue, but I still feel the sting and then immediately feel guilty for having felt anger, even if I did not express it that much. However, for people closer in my life, I will express my frustration verbally about the person I felt caused a grievance (which is just perceived I know). However, I have noticed that when I do vent to others, they will begin to ignore me or chastise me. They'll say "I don't know why this is such a big deal", even though there have been times where I have listened to their complaints and issues. As a result, I do not open up much even to those I felt close to.

I hope this thread was clear, and my apologies for the long winded rant but I wanted to be as transparent as possible to figure out my inferior function under stress. If you would like to help me find out what inferior function this is, it would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or want further clarification I would be more than happy to do that.

Thank you!