• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are ENTP’s with enneagram 8w7 common?

ahafi977

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am unsure if my types correlate together, but I believe they do. Has anyone else received similar results?

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am unsure if my types correlate together, but I believe they do. Has anyone else received similar results?

Welcome, fellow ENTP! Theoretically, MBTI and Enneagram are two separate systems, so all combinations are possible; although it is true that some functions correlate more strongly with certain Enneagram types. That being said, 8 isn't unusual for ENTPs, but online tests can only tell you so much. I'd recommend reading into Enneagram theory more; tagging some members here who might be able to speak more to this or direct you to some resources [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION].

Welcome to the forum!

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

It's not a contradictory combination for sure. I wouldn't say it's super common (as 8 in general tends to be a type that people commonly mistype as and is suggested to not be super common), however in general both the ExTP types pair decently with 8 core, especially 8w7 core. It's probably worth looking into other relatively common combinations that often get mistaken for 8 core and pair well with ENTP (ie. 7w8 because it's an adjacent type, 3 because it also can be very assertive and evasive of vulnerability and being controlled, [cp]6w7 because it can also be very aggressive and challenging towards authority and hate vulnerability) if you think other possibilities could potentially fit better

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As someone with an unconventional enneagram/mbti combo, it is definately possible.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

According to my study here 15% of ENTPs identify as 8s

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Welcome, fellow ENTP! Theoretically, MBTI and Enneagram are two separate systems, so all combinations are possible; although it is true that some functions correlate more strongly with certain Enneagram types. That being said, 8 isn't unusual for ENTPs, but online tests can only tell you so much. I'd recommend reading into Enneagram theory more; tagging some members here who might be able to speak more to this or direct you to some resources [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION].

Welcome to the forum!

I do think a lot of the Enneagram tests out there aren't very good. The one at Enneagram Explorations is the best one I've taken