• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Black Sun

Black Sun

Tell me what you see (MBTI, enneagram, IV, Big 5, whatever)
Just curious about getting a new perspective.

What age range are you in? 20s

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

This is vague but expressing an inner vision through art or whatever form satisfies this hunger. I want to bring my inner mental world into the physical world so I can express certain ideas and feel alive. I notice morbid curiosity and a desire for someone fuels my imagination and drive to take on a project or interest. I notice I’m more interested in outlets for self-expression too these days, so I’d add that as a goal. Used to find this stupid because it makes me concerned about superficial things that are a waste of time imo (ex. fashion). I have a goal to be more physical too. It lets off steam and I am in the best state of mind when I add activities like martial arts into my life because they connect me to reality.

2. What were you like as a kid?

I was sick all the time and spent a lot of time alone, but was never lonely. I wished I was an adult so I didn’t have to depend on my family. Even though I knew a 10 year old needs support, it made me extremely uncomfortable and I’m glad my childhood is over. My family told me I came across as mature. I can’t remember much about being a kid. Kind of remember having a sense of being disconnected from everything. I could joke and play around but was never really invested in anything besides my personal world.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

My mom acts like she needs to be the center of my emotional universe (as well as god) and is insulted by my independence from her. I was yelled at and criticized many times for not making small talk or for not making my face and demeanor friendly and inviting. She is exhausting to be around because she expects me to validate her (I refuse to feed a desperate person’s ego) and to put on a performance. She was an odd mix of being over controlling and neglectful. Hovering over me and breathing down my neck, then getting mad when I asked about food. Can’t talk to her about much because she is close-minded and gets angry or frustrated when I see a new side to something we are talking about because she somehow takes that as me challenging her or being negative. She infuriates me when she pushes me to a breaking point because she is starved for a reaction out of me and to know where I stand. Sometimes there is a connection through humor or a similar interest, but overall I avoid dealing with her and I don’t feel like I ever bonded with her. I told my dad to leave me alone because of how neglectful he was. My life was going fine without him.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

Self-reliance and open-mindedness. I’m stubborn when it comes to not relying on people for anything. I also want to wrap my mind around everything in existence (or try). I want to stop struggling with inertia in important areas of my life. I think about my mortality a lot and how little time I have left to invest in what I’m drawn to at a certain level.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

Having no control over how and when my boundaries are crossed. Wasting my life because I completely lose focus.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?

I think I seem very apathetic based on the feedback I get. I feel very apathetic most of the time. I know I can be dry and direct, but I don’t see myself as cold as I think others see me. I think my emotions are intense but I’m very in control of their expression. They’ll slip out with force if I am speaking about something I have a strong opinion on, or through a project. I don’t feel like I exist (a feeling left over from childhood). I’m not easily shocked and appear nonjudgmental on the outside. I’m quick to cut people off if they cross boundaries that are non negotiable.

b.) How do you want others to see you?

I don’t care. As long as they can’t see a weakness they can pick at. I’m concerned with how I view myself. With people I like, I hope they enjoy my company as much as I enjoy theirs and find me interesting enough to stick around.

c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?

When they enforce social rules that I think are stupid. When they say something that is not air tight in any way. Way too easily unsettled people can be boring. I like to joke around but it’s draining when people can’t get serious or shy away from controversial or taboo topics. I dislike dramatic and overly accommodating people and control freaks. I don’t like or really understand why some people get upset to the point where they stop listening because they can’t have their views challenged (being wrong is unnerving but I try to stay open to new perspectives). People who can’t keep secrets. Insincere flatterers.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).

a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. (1)
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you. (2)
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. (3)

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?

Personal worlds and I‘ll add details to them. Kind of a slow process. Just happens naturally if I get a new idea or find some inspiration. I think about future relationships and how they might work. I think about how to find time for myself within certain time frames. I’ll just ruminate on whatever I need to do or what is interesting at the moment. Or I’ll try to piece together my day and see how I’ll focus on one thing intensely.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Best : Making progress with a certain interest and being connected to what makes me feel alive and feel a rush. Having control over my life. Seeing things clearly and developing my perception. Being connected to my vitality and using that energy. When my subconscious gives me wisdom.

Worst : Having expectations I don’t want thrown on me. All of a sudden being aware of how weak my body is. Not taking action in time. Stagnation. Being forced around someone whose company makes me feel like I’m breathing through a straw the width of a toothpick. Reality being unable to match fantasy.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:

a.) anger - If I ruminate on past injustices committed against me. When someone crosses a boundary a lot of anger fuels how direct I get to enforce it. Usually I express strong opinions with a lot of force and people trying to make me tone it down makes me more angry. People who pry make me angry and I cut our conversations short. People encroaching on my space and taking away my time makes me feel like a ticking time bomb.

b.) shame - My current skill level in certain areas of my life. Not developing myself enough in certain ways. Seeing what I want and who I want to be and not being there yet. Always been ashamed of the areas in life where I saw I could improve my self-reliance.

c.) anxiety - Losing time. When I’m at low point where I see no way to move forward I start letting my life’s balance fall apart. I end up procrastinating and chase short term pleasures. I can’t take anything seriously at this point and it’s hard to reach into myself for answers. This type of anxiety has even fueled strange paranoia before. Anxiety is a twisting, poisonous spiral of restless mental energy dragging me to hell and shattering my mind.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:

a.) stress - I continue doing what I need to do. I’ll treat myself to some kind of indulgence along the way to cope but normally I just pull through.

b.) negative unexpected change - I think I‘m pretty adaptable so this does not faze me much. If this takes away my alone time or time with something or someone I’m attached to I’ll try to think of any way to get that time back.

c.) conflict - I look at the person I’m talking to with a blank face until I figure out what is the root of the problem. If someone is being way too dramatic I’ll get angry and be very firm. I try to have a lot of control over my words. Conflict can give a nice thrill too. I deal with conflict as it comes. If pushed too far I’ll explode, but I will never lose control over my words. Edit: just adding this because I don't think I explained myself well enough. My environments have contained quite a few ill mannered and aggressive types (cultural thing/part of my upbringing). I do have a territorial side that can come out partly because of this, but overall I would say I maintain a polite and calm demeanor with people.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?

The person who is in pain because I’m in a group, doesn’t talk, and is thinking about lying or just saying I’m tired so I can go home and do what I want. This depends on how many people are around, or if I’m enjoying the conversation.

b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?

I’d be mad that someone forced me into this position. I’d do what I have to do the best I could, but I’d also be looking for a replacement from day one if I can’t just straight up refuse the position. I don’t want to be bothered with other people’s agendas and problems. I have enough on my own plate.

c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?

I was marked absent from school multiple times even when I participated so it seems like people don’t even notice me. So I’ve worked alone and been left unbothered for the most part. I can appreciate a good mentor but clash with control freaks and resist them. I’ve been seen as disrespectful and inappropriate because someone thought I owed them more respect because of a stupid title.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

If they are not being genuine. How connectable they are. How open-minded they are.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I’m literally so disconnected from everything and everyone, including myself, that this is hard to answer. I haven’t made an effort to trust people much because I haven’t met someone I really wanted to let into my life completely. I think I’m willing to trust but quick to move on.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?

Atheist but I’m open to learning about the spiritual side of life. I‘m not too aware of what is happening in society so honestly I don’t focus on politics enough to say I fit a certain label. I don’t think they influenced my answers much.

Last edited:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're a very good writer!

I think you're 5 core, and it feels very clear and obvious to me. You're extremely protective of your resources, value knowledge, want to be as self reliant as possible, and under stress, you indulge or flee. Boundaries are extremely important to you.

I think probably 584, as you are very in tune with your anger, and you're not harmony seeking like a 9 and your responses feel more purely gut level than the super ego responses a 1 would give.

Sp/sx, clearly so last. You're very focused on self reliance, maintaining resources, and you go after the juicy energy you find. Otherwise, you don't care to participate.

Black Sun

You're a very good writer!

I think you're 5 core, and it feels very clear and obvious to me. You're extremely protective of your resources, value knowledge, want to be as self reliant as possible, and under stress, you indulge or flee. Boundaries are extremely important to you.

I think probably 584, as you are very in tune with your anger, and you're not harmony seeking like a 9 and your responses feel more purely gut level than the super ego responses a 1 would give.

Sp/sx, clearly so last. You're very focused on self reliance, maintaining resources, and you go after the juicy energy you find. Otherwise, you don't care to participate.

Thank you for the response. I thought writing was a weak spot of mine so your compliment surprised me and I appreciate it.
5 core makes sense (even though 4 descriptions destroy me sometimes lol. Not sure about my wing though).

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w4 would make sense, and it would account for 4 descriptions hitting home, with it being your core wing and in your tritype, and I know sx/sp can appear 4ish - it wouldn't surprise me if sp/sx could sometimes also.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I think that your most relevant characteristics overall are a high Openness to Experience, you seem to evaluate people open mindness, value being open, seem quite open to ideas, have some interest for art, I think? And you cant stand closed people (well, sometimes I cant either but you seem to get bothered even more than I). I think your second most relevant characteristic is a seeking for autonomy, and that is very connected to Ti: Being autonomy not only in your own thoughts but on your life to. This Ti more or less direct your openness more towards ideas.

In general, I see you as Ti-dom INTP (and this autonomy-seeking is kind of a Ti-thing), enneagram 5, high Openness to Experience, mid-low or low Conscientiousness, mid (or mid-low?) Agreeableness and mid Neuroticism - although anger might boost it a little, but I dont think it will be much. I think the intuitive has a lot to do with things I had mentioned about high Openness, Perceiving is related into you being more or less flexible sometimes, procrastinating, rejection of social norms (social norms is more like EXXJ thing), Thinker because of being relatively detachted, a little bit apathetical although excess of it could be Neuroticism (but it wont affect Neuroticism score), the Ti thing, sometimes not being much delicate with others feelings. Introverted not only for autonomy, but for avoiding people in general, the teachers not realizing much of your presence (for some questionaries that counts for introversion), being disconnected from everything (that relates into not being attentive to outer environment).

About enneagram tri-type and wings... I think 5w4 is a way better fit than 5w6, even considering counter-phobic 6. About tri-type, well, I think its 5 head, 4 heart and I cant decide the gut type, but I think it should be the last. I dont see much type 8 on you, because your autonomy is 'internal', you dont seem more like you want your own things to be your way rather than things around you being on own way. In other words, you dont seem domineering to me, just very autonomy-seeking. But I dont see much 1 and 9 either. But I think 5-4-1 might be a good fit.

Black Sun

I think that your most relevant characteristics overall are a high Openness to Experience, you seem to evaluate people open mindness, value being open, seem quite open to ideas, have some interest for art, I think? And you cant stand closed people (well, sometimes I cant either but you seem to get bothered even more than I). I think your second most relevant characteristic is a seeking for autonomy, and that is very connected to Ti: Being autonomy not only in your own thoughts but on your life to. This Ti more or less direct your openness more towards ideas.

In general, I see you as Ti-dom INTP (and this autonomy-seeking is kind of a Ti-thing), enneagram 5, high Openness to Experience, mid-low or low Conscientiousness, mid (or mid-low?) Agreeableness and mid Neuroticism - although anger might boost it a little, but I dont think it will be much. I think the intuitive has a lot to do with things I had mentioned about high Openness, Perceiving is related into you being more or less flexible sometimes, procrastinating, rejection of social norms (social norms is more like EXXJ thing), Thinker because of being relatively detachted, a little bit apathetical although excess of it could be Neuroticism (but it wont affect Neuroticism score), the Ti thing, sometimes not being much delicate with others feelings. Introverted not only for autonomy, but for avoiding people in general, the teachers not realizing much of your presence (for some questionaries that counts for introversion), being disconnected from everything (that relates into not being attentive to outer environment).

About enneagram tri-type and wings... I think 5w4 is a way better fit than 5w6, even considering counter-phobic 6. About tri-type, well, I think its 5 head, 4 heart and I cant decide the gut type, but I think it should be the last. I dont see much type 8 on you, because your autonomy is 'internal', you dont seem more like you want your own things to be your way rather than things around you being on own way. In other words, you dont seem domineering to me, just very autonomy-seeking. But I dont see much 1 and 9 either. But I think 5-4-1 might be a good fit.
This response surprised me a bit but I can see why you would say Ti dom. I never thought of myself as a Ti user. I lean towards thinking I'm an xxfp 5 because I relate more to Fi's strong sense of self and constant awareness of inner states.
I agree with my gut fix being last because I don't see it's influence much unless under certain circumstances.
Your big 5 analysis seems spot on.

Last edited:

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=40840]Black Sun[/MENTION] For MBTI, definitely a Ti-dom. Your answer to 6c, especially, seems indicative of an almost wrestling-style relationship with Fe lol. I concur with INTP.

I agree with [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION]. I see 854 or 584 sp/sx. I guess I'd be more inclined to 5w4 since that corresponds more with INTP generally. Either way, your 5 and 8-fixes are quite strong and connect with each other. 5w4 > 8w9 > 4w5 sp/sx.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
This response surprised me a bit but I can see why you would say Ti dom. I never thought of myself as a Ti user. I lean towards thinking I'm an xxfp 5 because I relate more to Fi's strong sense of self and constant awareness of inner states.
I agree with my gut fix being last because I don't see it's influence much unless under certain circumstances.
Your big 5 analysis seems spot on.

I waited a little because of my post count and to wait at least one second opinion.

When I had analyzed earlier, I did detect some Fi on your post, I dont remember anymore which parts of it. I do see some Fi on you enough to tell that there might be a borderline on T/F, and that borderline T/F is a best guess. And that, in cognitive functions, you kind of remember me, although you dont in some aspects, but I do see myself on you in MBTI terms, in general terms, not deeply.

I can say that INFP Type 5 is possible for you.
Extroversion in your case is... well, you dont seem to have much interest in people, you did mentioned that you were not an Extravert child either. I dont see repressed Extraversion on you to be ENFP. However, you do run a strong Openness to Experience, which indirectly implies that you run Ne pretty strong. I could agree with that. But in general E/I terms, you seem Introvert in most, if not all, definitions.

ENFP Type 5, as I had listed, is a possible but extremely rare combo. ENFP 5 has to have borderline on E/I and F/T. That makes very close to a IN type, which means that is a type that overrepresented on the web. However, I made a general web search. For this forum, I think there are 2-3 ENFP 5 (from many members and like many hundreds if not thousands of ENFPs).

However, in general I am more towards INTP 5, INFP 5 doesnt seem bad (INFP with strong Ti that concurs with Fi, perhaps). ENFP 5 I dont see much, because I havent seem anything on the text that led me think about repressed Extraversion. Dont forget that we on type me threads doesnt see everything, its all based on what you wrote.

Black Sun

I waited a little because of my post count and to wait at least one second opinion.

When I had analyzed earlier, I did detect some Fi on your post, I dont remember anymore which parts of it. I do see some Fi on you enough to tell that there might be a borderline on T/F, and that borderline T/F is a best guess. And that, in cognitive functions, you kind of remember me, although you dont in some aspects, but I do see myself on you in MBTI terms, in general terms, not deeply.

I can say that INFP Type 5 is possible for you.
Extroversion in your case is... well, you dont seem to have much interest in people, you did mentioned that you were not an Extravert child either. I dont see repressed Extraversion on you to be ENFP. However, you do run a strong Openness to Experience, which indirectly implies that you run Ne pretty strong. I could agree with that. But in general E/I terms, you seem Introvert in most, if not all, definitions.

ENFP Type 5, as I had listed, is a possible but extremely rare combo. ENFP 5 has to have borderline on E/I and F/T. That makes very close to a IN type, which means that is a type that overrepresented on the web. However, I made a general web search. For this forum, I think there are 2-3 ENFP 5 (from many members and like many hundreds if not thousands of ENFPs).

However, in general I am more towards INTP 5, INFP 5 doesnt seem bad (INFP with strong Ti that concurs with Fi, perhaps). ENFP 5 I dont see much, because I havent seem anything on the text that led me think about repressed Extraversion. Dont forget that we on type me threads doesnt see everything, its all based on what you wrote.

Thanks again for the response. Makes sense.
I had to ask around because it bothered me that I couldn't remember much about my childhood. What I remember is from around age 5 onwards and what I recall lines up with other people's memories. One thing I couldn't remember at all and that surprised me is that apparently I was very chatty in the toddler years (and a little bossy). I'm told I would just walk up to strangers and be friendly and start talking to them. I changed a lot abruptly at some point.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Thanks again for the response. Makes sense.
I had to ask around because it bothered me that I couldn't remember much about my childhood. What I remember is from around age 5 onwards and what I recall lines up with other people's memories. One thing I couldn't remember at all and that surprised me is that apparently I was very chatty in the toddler years (and a little bossy). I'm told I would just walk up to strangers and be friendly and start talking to them. I changed a lot abruptly at some point.

Yeah, that could change things but that isnt what you had posted earlier.
Repressed Extraversion is complicated because no one can truly detect it.

Black Sun

Yeah, that could change things but that isnt what you had posted earlier.
Repressed Extraversion is complicated because no one can truly detect it.
It is completely new information to me that I did not expect at all. :shrug: