• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me ISFJ or ISFP

KylinZhang

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
A person who:

Kindly helps friends cuz they are her friends and let friends stay with her for a couple of month without money (cuz her friend suffers from pandemic's bad influence).

Afraids that other people hate her or beat her if she does something she assumes they don't like or violate their benefits.

Loves painting, quite good at hand-craft.

If she is a superheroin, she wants to help poor people because now she is not enough rich to do that ( her INFP friend said if she is a superheroin, she will do what her want, go where she wants to go, be cool, only help people she likes and ignore problems of the world, very selfish at some points).

Often tells her friends that she should do that should not do this but when her friends tell her the same thing she says it is not your business, let me alone.

Throws trash everywhere in room, have a bath/brush her teeth once or twice per week. However, if she go out (even if go out for 5 minutes), she must make herself tidy.

Feels sad when her teacher ignored her but never tells her feeling.

Is very lazy when the things she needs to do are too boring or difficult, often finishes works by/after deadlines.

Sometimes, cuz of her laziness, her achievement is not so good, and she becomes angry and blames on herself.

Has too much reason and explaination anytime she make the mistakes. At that time, she always say I am so sorry I am not conscious.

Does not make up but know some skills about make up, wants to be fashionable.

Has a long term plan for her future (has a job, gets married, takes care of her parents) and short term plans like tomorrow does that next week does this but never finishes short term plans on time.

Hope to have a peaceful private life, no expect to change the world or something like that (and do not discuss this problem).

High appreciates social values and principles.

Does not like most of imagination for example world war III, world abd characters in novel/film but she often wants her friends if her friend forget her or not in future, if she needs kidney to survive her friend helps her or not. She says she will remember/gives a kidney. Her friend INFP does not like to make a commitment of something she is not sure so she does not answer the question.

Be introverted and shy, rarely tell her opinion with strangers and acquaints (normal classmates, housemates, teachers).

Be optimistic most of time.

Be sensitive with other people's emotions. If she knows people dont like her she does not say anything and leaves them (she only cares person who shes like, if she does not like them, she does not care how they treat her).

So, she is isfp or isfj or other types?

Last edited:

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that you are ISFJ over ISFP. Your care for others is a characteristic of Fe. You desire stability which seems Si. You worry about future possibilities (inferior Ne) instead of becoming uncharacteristically controlling (inferior Te) when stressed. But I would suggest that you answer a questionnaire that would give more detail on your type.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I had answer this person in another thread, but I dont remember what I had said.

Caribelle

Sounds like Isfp. Isfjs tend to be organized and disciplined about getting things done

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My impression is ISFJ because of the social emphasis. Most of your descriptions of self involve how your relate and interact with others, how you feel when they respond to you positively or negatively, how you like to present yourself to others, etc. I also notice more Si than Se because you seem to have an internalized sense of the concrete world and prefer safety and comfort.

ISFPs can be a bit like loners, but perhaps not always. I tend to identify with Fi because I'm a bit distant from people. When people are rude, I mostly get upset if I'm feeling pressured to react, but I think it's easier for me to adapt to someone disliking me than it would be for someone with extroverted Feeling Fe. Also, Se has some need for sensory surprises, novelty, maybe unusual sensations, and perhaps certain kinds of sensory overwhelm, but that might not always be the case.

One good question about Si vs. Se is how do past sensory experience influence you now? Do you like to recreate past sensory experiences like details for holidays? Do you like that feeling of recreating? Or do you feel comfortable with change and surprise? Do you go with the moment? Do past experiences with pain or specific sensations especially inhibit or motivate you or can you let go of the past?

It's one of those things, though, where you could likely find people who identify as ISFJ or ISFP that you can relate to easily. My impressions are quite limited being based on one post, so it is important that you settle on whatever feels right to you.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One more question about Si vs. Se that I've noticed. I've noticed that people with Si tend to have more specific ideas about the world. They might have a specific brand that they always use and make an effort to have the details just right because they have an internalized expectation of sensory experience and make the effort to match the external world with their internal paradigm.

A great example happened when I asked a group of people what sort of sandwich they would like. An Se guy said "anything that resembles a sandwich" and then I think he committed to a certain sort of meat. The Si guy had a long list of details of the sauces and contents of the sandwich. I think Se experiences the sensory world intensely, but needs an element of surprise and so can adapt to a wide range of sandwiches. It is different than being oblivious, because it's aware, but very adaptable. Si can also experience the sensory world intensely but has more need to match the internal and external sensory worlds.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it sounds more ISFP.

Sleeping Lotus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I think either ISFJ or ISFP is capable of all the things you've mentioned. For example,

If she is a superheroin, she wants to help poor people because now she is not enough rich to do that ( her INFP friend said if she is a superheroin, she will do what her want, go where she wants to go, be cool, only help people she likes and ignore problems of the world, very selfish at some points).

Why does she want to help poor people? Where does this value stem from? An Fe user as opposed to Fi user may have different sources and reasoning for wanting to help others, but both are plenty capable.

Often tells her friends that she should do that should not do this but when her friends tell her the same thing she says it is not your business, let me alone.

Again, why does she tell her friends what they should do? Why does she care? Are those values more intertwined within herself or do they stem from externalities? It's important to ask why she feels the drive to do this. Why does she highly appreciate social values and principles?

Any type is capable of being characteristically shy, optimistic, sensitive, or sometimes apologetic. In my opinion, there's quite a bunch of information missing here to really get a firm grasp on her type.

Caribelle

Sounds more like Isfj to me, because of the Fe. There's also some evidence of J in the short/like big term planning. Isfjs can procrastinate too, and be lazy at times.