• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seeking TypologyCentral Opinions: MovinOut's Type Me Thread

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
So, you asked everything so I had tried to see it MBTI, Enneagram and Big Five.

Your main traits, for this month at least, are High Neuroticism and High Introversion. No doubts. The passages where “friends? Which friends”, “I dont like the world”, “I tend to not be social”, you are introvert in almost all definitions you can find for it (environment vs ‘self’, internal vs external, social vs non-social). The big problem is the neuroticism... High levels of anger, anxiety, perhaps immoderation. Excess Neuroticism is something that has a tendency to mix or reverse T/F and J/P. Neuroticism is important in ways where the ‘neurotic you’ is quite different from the ‘emotional stable you’. Although Neuroticism is more or less related to healthy vs unhealthy, there is indeed some tendencies for some people to be more neurotic/’moody’ (not exactly on the feeling way) than others.

For Enneagram, I see type 4 and 6.. Type 4 into differentiating from others and because some people relate type 4 to envy (I dont know why?), type 6 for some sort of cautioness, but specially the combo of anxiety and being more or less ‘ambivalent’ in many terms. But the enneagrams which are related to high introversion and high neuroticism are enneagram 4 and 6, which pretty much overlaps. I see you both on types 4 and 6.

About the rest... Well, I cant really decide. You seem mix on F/T and J/P, but that could be because of Neuroticism. Even Agreeableness seems confusing hahahahaha. In a certain bizarre way, I see you more towards sensing in cognitive functions but slightly more towards Intuition on dichotomy, but I would guess Sensing over Intuition. Forcing a pick, I did actually crossed enneagram 4 and 6, hypothesized a 4w6 or 6w4 types, and the most common types for both 4 and 6 are ISFP, ISFJ, INFJ with ISFP being probably the most common, although ISFJ is the middle. In the functions, you tend more towards ISFP than ISFJ due to a Fe that doesnt seem to have any traction (although that likely has to do with your high introversion), so I think the best fit, for now, in my opinion, is ISFP. ISFP 4w6 or ISFP 6w4 haahahahaha.

PS: Well, I should had figured out that you have not completely set your type and that my enneagram test having type 4 for you was completely fine.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, you asked everything so I had tried to see it MBTI, Enneagram and Big Five.

Your main traits, for this month at least, are High Neuroticism and High Introversion. No doubts. The passages where “friends? Which friends”, “I dont like the world”, “I tend to not be social”, you are introvert in almost all definitions you can find for it (environment vs ‘self’, internal vs external, social vs non-social). The big problem is the neuroticism... High levels of anger, anxiety, perhaps immoderation. Excess Neuroticism is something that has a tendency to mix or reverse T/F and J/P. Neuroticism is important in ways where the ‘neurotic you’ is quite different from the ‘emotional stable you’. Although Neuroticism is more or less related to healthy vs unhealthy, there is indeed some tendencies for some people to be more neurotic/’moody’ (not exactly on the feeling way) than others.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I never had anyone type me in Big 5 before!

For Enneagram, I see type 4 and 6.. Type 4 into differentiating from others and because some people relate type 4 to envy (I dont know why?), type 6 for some sort of cautioness, but specially the combo of anxiety and being more or less ‘ambivalent’ in many terms. But the enneagrams which are related to high introversion and high neuroticism are enneagram 4 and 6, which pretty much overlaps. I see you both on types 4 and 6.

PS: Well, I should had figured out that you have not completely set your type and that my enneagram test having type 4 for you was completely fine.

I see myself on types 4 and 6 as well. I wish 4w6 or 6w4 were options, would make finding my type a lot easier.
When I took your quiz I was pretty convinced about 6, but yeah it's a bit hard to tell so your quiz could have definitely been right about that. Sorry if I ever seemed too harsh on your quiz because I actually did think it was good.

About the rest... Well, I cant really decide. You seem mix on F/T and J/P, but that could be because of Neuroticism. Even Agreeableness seems confusing hahahahaha. In a certain bizarre way, I see you more towards sensing in cognitive functions but slightly more towards Intuition on dichotomy, but I would guess Sensing over Intuition. Forcing a pick, I did actually crossed enneagram 4 and 6, hypothesized a 4w6 or 6w4 types, and the most common types for both 4 and 6 are ISFP, ISFJ, INFJ with ISFP being probably the most common, although ISFJ is the middle. In the functions, you tend more towards ISFP than ISFJ due to a Fe that doesnt seem to have any traction (although that likely has to do with your high introversion), so I think the best fit, for now, in my opinion, is ISFP. ISFP 4w6 or ISFP 6w4 haahahahaha.

I really agree with a lot of what you say and that my F/T and J/P are quite mixed in terms of dichotomy. TBH, that comment made me realize that ISFP would make a lot of sense since intuition would be tertiary rather than inferior.

Unrelated, but it's cool how your enneagram is 952 and your number of posts is currently 952.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Unrelated, but it's cool how your enneagram is 952 and your number of posts is currently 952.
I delayed 3 posts, including this one, a few days just to enjoy that moment.
I was actually typing myself as 5-9-2, but I temporarily switched to 9-5-2 because of the post count.
But I may even make it stay.
I cant decide between 9 or 5 on enneagram.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I never had anyone type me in Big 5 before!

I see myself on types 4 and 6 as well. I wish 4w6 or 6w4 were options, would make finding my type a lot easier.
When I took your quiz I was pretty convinced about 6, but yeah it's a bit hard to tell so your quiz could have definitely been right about that. Sorry if I ever seemed too harsh on your quiz because I actually did think it was good.

I really agree with a lot of what you say and that my F/T and J/P are quite mixed in terms of dichotomy. TBH, that comment made me realize that ISFP would make a lot of sense since intuition would be tertiary rather than inferior.

I think 6w4 is possible, reason is, I dont take wing theory seriously.
There is no reasoning on enneagram order and wings from it. I mean, why the neighbours of 6 are type 5 (lets call "knowledge seeker") and type 7 ("the energy-excited")? Why these and not other enneagram types are the neighbours?
Such reasoning doesnt exist. The only why is... Because "that is how it is".
And just to get it worse, here it is the Enneagram<=>Big Five table:

enneagramandbig5.jpg

Type 9w8 and 8w9 is senseless if you question it.
9 and 8 are opposites on Big Five.
The main thread about enneagram 9 is being relatively peaceful.
The main thread about enneagram 8 is being aggressive, which is almost the opposite of being peaceful.
You know, 9w8 or 8w9 is like... "I am aggressive and like to break the peace, but, you know, I like peace too!".
This is one aspect of it, about the general incosistency Big 5 pretty much tells about it. The aggressive type is a terrible choice for a wing for the peaceful type, I do judge this as a flawed design.

But the tri-type is slightly different. Although I think the argue for Head-Heart-Gut is relatively fragile (specially for some mismatches with MBTI Feeling/Thinking), at least it does exist.
I think for both me and you, disregarding wings and seeing that we have a "strong fix" or that, in your case, is strong in both heart and head (and in my case head and gut) centers. You could be more like a type 4 with a strong fix on 6, or a type 6 with a strong 4 fix. So, in some sense, there is a 6w4 or 4w6, but it is communicated by "4 with a strong 6 head fix" or "6 with a strong 4 heart fix".

About the quiz, the problem isnt you being harsh, thats ok.
Problem is that whoever shows up there and seem to be sure of their type or appear to be sure of that type, I take it as if that is true and use that as a way to "validate" or judge how well the test is going, specially because there is no stat for test-retest rate or for internal consistencies (and I am pretty blind to which questions are working properly and which are not). I had boosted 6 and 9 because of that, but in the next morning, I realized by the Quotev counter that more than half of people were getting type 6 or 9 as a result, and then I turned it down.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I delayed 3 posts, including this one, a few days just to enjoy that moment.
I was actually typing myself as 5-9-2, but I temporarily switched to 9-5-2 because of the post count.
But I may even make it stay.
I cant decide between 9 or 5 on enneagram.

Haha, well I'm honored to have been your last post for a few days.

I think 6w4 is possible, reason is, I dont take wing theory seriously.
There is no reasoning on enneagram order and wings from it. I mean, why the neighbours of 6 are type 5 (lets call "knowledge seeker") and type 7 ("the energy-excited")? Why these and not other enneagram types are the neighbours?
Such reasoning doesnt exist. The only why is... Because "that is how it is".
And just to get it worse, here it is the Enneagram<=>Big Five table:

enneagramandbig5.jpg

Type 9w8 and 8w9 is senseless if you question it.
9 and 8 are opposites on Big Five.
The main thread about enneagram 9 is being relatively peaceful.
The main thread about enneagram 8 is being aggressive, which is almost the opposite of being peaceful.
You know, 9w8 or 8w9 is like... "I am aggressive and like to break the peace, but, you know, I like peace too!".
This is one aspect of it, about the general incosistency Big 5 pretty much tells about it. The aggressive type is a terrible choice for a wing for the peaceful type, I do judge this as a flawed design.

I actually do totally agree with this. I've always wondered why 8 and 9 are right next to each other, and therefore wings.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] Do you have any input about what my final fix would be? Or do you think it's relevant at all?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] Do you have any input about what my final fix would be? Or do you think it's relevant at all?

6 or 4?
I think that if your Neuroticism happens to get down due to some sort of thing you are going on, a lot of type related things can change in you, although I would not bet any change for the N/S dimension.
If you manage to get it down, by getting help or by being more lucky on life (Neuroticism can be from many things), you should get a way better picture of your enneagram and MBTI type. And I could have more precise answers. People with high Neuroticism are difficult to type, because there is indeed some sort of changing, there is some influence of "your shadow", but although a lot of people love to talk a 1000 stuff about shadow, if you ask them "how am I supposed to know if Im in my shadow or not and what changes?" they cant bring the answer to you. All I know is that in general J/P is hit hard, F/T can somewhat reverse (Feelers go to apathy, Thinkers might get overly emotional), there seems to be no change on N/S and people go to introversion in average ("retreat to inner world"), based on statistics with weak arguments, but at least it is better than nothing or something that almost looks like astrology.

For the moment, I cant even decide. Sometimes, it is not relevant to decide. So, 6 vs 4 for you, for the moment, I would say that is not really important to decide, and, of course, it is accurate to you to see yourself as a mix of both instead of just one. However, Neuroticism getting down is likely going to make both types 4 and 6 go down, it could hit very hard one or the other, but there is no way I can predict that for the moment (and perhaps I will never be able to do that). Trying to solve whatever is harming you and causing Neuroticism is the best route, if possible. Or, at least, you need to try to make Neuroticism softer, or reflect deep on who you are out of it. Very few people can type you basically on how you behave under Neuroticism, but more accurately under low Neuroticism instead. Good recommendation is to do tests when you are on a good and calm day.

PS: As far as I remember, the only person who made any citations or quotes about typing people under high Neuroticism circumstances and using how you react under stress as a way to type is [MENTION=40271]mancino[/MENTION], but he dont usually type people, and he mentioned that on private.
Enneagram have some citations about how types A or B are under stress or integrate/disintegrate, or growth stages. Except for the growth stages, the reasoning for integrate/disintegrate is full of weak or zero arguments in similar ways as wings ("Why type 6 goes to 3 and not any other type when stressed?" same answer as why type 5 and type 7 are the type 6 wings: "Because it is", or because the enneagram figure tell you so), and these predictions are quite unreliable.
Another thing you could do is to try to note how you get when under high stress days, and since you have high Neuroticism you should have at least a few of these monthly, and compare to the lower levels of growths of enneagram 4 and 6 and see what fits you best. Or even considerate other enneagrams for that.
Most people are on the middle stages, I read an article with a study relating these stages and, basically, from many dozens or a hundred people or two, I dont remember, no one were on the first, second, last stages and on the stage before the last. So you could use the level 7 or 8 descriptions and see which type fits you best when you are under stress.
One problem about typing your self under stress is that under stress self-reporting and the way you see yourself is usually not that much clear.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I meant the last fix of the tritype, so the gut fix. But I doubt that is relevant right now.

I think that if your Neuroticism happens to get down due to some sort of thing you are going on, a lot of type related things can change in you, although I would not bet any change for the N/S dimension.
If you manage to get it down, by getting help or by being more lucky on life (Neuroticism can be from many things), you should get a way better picture of your enneagram and MBTI type. And I could have more precise answers. People with high Neuroticism are difficult to type, because there is indeed some sort of changing, there is some influence of "your shadow", but although a lot of people love to talk a 1000 stuff about shadow, if you ask them "how am I supposed to know if Im in my shadow or not and what changes?" they cant bring the answer to you. All I know is that in general J/P is hit hard, F/T can somewhat reverse (Feelers go to apathy, Thinkers might get overly emotional), there seems to be no change on N/S and people go to introversion in average ("retreat to inner world"), based on statistics with weak arguments, but at least it is better than nothing or something that almost looks like astrology.

That makes sense. I've never been able to lower the neuroticism yet so I guess I've never really witnessed my true healthy type.

For the moment, I cant even decide. Sometimes, it is not relevant to decide. So, 6 vs 4 for you, for the moment, I would say that is not really important to decide, and, of course, it is accurate to you to see yourself as a mix of both instead of just one. However, Neuroticism getting down is likely going to make both types 4 and 6 go down, it could hit very hard one or the other, but there is no way I can predict that for the moment (and perhaps I will never be able to do that). Trying to solve whatever is harming you and causing Neuroticism is the best route, if possible. Or, at least, you need to try to make Neuroticism softer, or reflect deep on who you are out of it. Very few people can type you basically on how you behave under Neuroticism, but more accurately under low Neuroticism instead. Good recommendation is to do tests when you are on a good and calm day.

PS: As far as I remember, the only person who made any citations or quotes about typing people under high Neuroticism circumstances and using how you react under stress as a way to type is [MENTION=40271]mancino[/MENTION], but he dont usually type people, and he mentioned that on private.
Enneagram have some citations about how types A or B are under stress or integrate/disintegrate, or growth stages. Except for the growth stages, the reasoning for integrate/disintegrate is full of weak or zero arguments in similar ways as wings ("Why type 6 goes to 3 and not any other type when stressed?" same answer as why type 5 and type 7 are the type 6 wings: "Because it is", or because the enneagram figure tell you so), and these predictions are quite unreliable.
Another thing you could do is to try to note how you get when under high stress days, and since you have high Neuroticism you should have at least a few of these monthly, and compare to the lower levels of growths of enneagram 4 and 6 and see what fits you best. Or even considerate other enneagrams for that.
Most people are on the middle stages, I read an article with a study relating these stages and, basically, from many dozens or a hundred people or two, I dont remember, no one were on the first, second, last stages and on the stage before the last. So you could use the level 7 or 8 descriptions and see which type fits you best when you are under stress.
One problem about typing your self under stress is that under stress self-reporting and the way you see yourself is usually not that much clear.

Thanks for the recommendations. I am trying to get the courage to seek professional help for my issues, but it's quite hard especially under current circumstances of the world. I agree that it would be most helpful.

For now, I do like the idea of taking note of the different types when I am most under stress. I'm sure that will happen soon as you said it does happen pretty frequently. :/

Also I appreciate all your answers, thank you!

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I meant the last fix of the tritype, so the gut fix. But I doubt that is relevant right now.

That makes sense. I've never been able to lower the neuroticism yet so I guess I've never really witnessed my true healthy type.

Thanks for the recommendations. I am trying to get the courage to seek professional help for my issues, but it's quite hard especially under current circumstances of the world. I agree that it would be most helpful.

For now, I do like the idea of taking note of the different types when I am most under stress. I'm sure that will happen soon as you said it does happen pretty frequently. :/

Also I appreciate all your answers, thank you!

You are welcome!
About the gut fix.. Hmm...
I have a relatively hard time typing the "last fix" by text and questionnaires, because it is usually quite weak.
I wouldnt say it doesnt matter, I would say it is not much relevant but it does matter. In other words, its of low relevance, but it does have some relevance and plays a role. I say that in general but I think that it does apply to you.

So I dont have much idea, but I would say that [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] and [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] are reliable and if they say 9, I bet on 9.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagram: Definitely so-blind. More of a focus on the interpersonal and self than larger social spheres, even so much as indicating a disdain for such thinking. The focus is more on one's personal security and reacting to any perceived threats to it; this stems from past experiences of the sort and protecting one's vulnerabilities from being exploited. Sx 6w5. For tritype, I'm gonna say 6w5 > 1w9 > 4w5 sx/sp (I'm unsure of the order of 4 and 1, but 6w5 sx seems right). You could be a 9-fix, but 9s are not as attuned to their feelings of anger as what you described in the first questionnaire (this could also be a part of being a sx 6, but that's more anxiety-driven). I'd also say 1-fix, just because being an editor sounds like it requires detail, and that seems something related to a 1-fix or a strong 1 wing :p (man, this forum needs a wider range of emojis).

MBTI: ISTJ seems right; I'd say an ISTJ in sort of an Si-Fi loop. I'm able to differentiate between ISTJ and an Fi-dom by some of your thought processes (such as comparing the cakes or when buying a car) that indicate an auxiliary/supporting Te. You're comparing objective data, but also filtering it through your own personal value judgment (Te-Fi). Very closely linked Te and Fi, so IxTJ, and I'd say S-dom so ISTJ.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram: Definitely so-blind. More of a focus on the interpersonal and self than larger social spheres, even so much as indicating a disdain for such thinking. The focus is more on one's personal security and reacting to any perceived threats to it; this stems from past experiences of the sort and protecting one's vulnerabilities from being exploited. Sx 6w5. For tritype, I'm gonna say 6w5 > 1w9 > 4w5 sx/sp (I'm unsure of the order of 4 and 1, but 6w5 sx seems right). You could be a 9-fix, but 9s are not as attuned to their feelings of anger as what you described in the first questionnaire (this could also be a part of being a sx 6, but that's more anxiety-driven). I'd also say 1-fix, just because being an editor sounds like it requires detail, and that seems something related to a 1-fix or a strong 1 wing :p (man, this forum needs a wider range of emojis).

Interesting. I definitely agree with 6w5 sx. Learning that I'm sx first made me realize that 6 is probably my type, since I didn't relate to sp 6 before.

Also, my main issue with a 9-fix is that as you said I'm more attuned to feelings of anger, but I've had trouble deciding if it's because of 6 and 4 first. I'm going to think more about being a 1 fix.

MBTI: ISTJ seems right; I'd say an ISTJ in sort of an Si-Fi loop. I'm able to differentiate between ISTJ and an Fi-dom by some of your thought processes (such as comparing the cakes or when buying a car) that indicate an auxiliary/supporting Te. You're comparing objective data, but also filtering it through your own personal value judgment (Te-Fi). Very closely linked Te and Fi, so IxTJ, and I'd say S-dom so ISTJ.

That makes sense. Thank you so much for looking over my thread and giving a detailed response!