• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me identify my MBTI type

emilymxarie

The lack of sports skills and excelling in english are so typical of enfp! The competitiveness/grade focus would be Te.
I probably should've mentioned that I'm from Germany, so english in my case is a foreign language class (where we mostly had to write argumentative essays in senior year). In german, which I guess is the equivalent of "normal" english class, my skills depended on the task at hand. Tasks where I had to brainstorm a lot always brought in the worst results for me (such as writing essays), while I did best on interpretation tasks.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I probably should've mentioned that I'm from Germany, so english in my case is a foreign language class (where we mostly had to write argumentative essays in senior year). In german, which I guess is the equivalent of "normal" english class, my skills depended on the task at hand. Tasks where I had to brainstorm a lot always brought in the worst results for me (such as writing essays), while I did best on interpretation tasks.
Oh.
Im not sure what types do best in languages, but its probably Ne and Si rather than Ni and Se. Fe is good with communication, and Ti with linguistics, but Fi and Te might well be better for a foreign speaker, im not sure.
I didnt really brainstorm much in essays, and interpretation suggests Ne or Ni. I found it hard to engage my Ni and Fe with english literature class, but i might have for certain books. School generally wasnt for me, and i did best in subjects where i could be detached, such as mathematics, and some aspects of science. Problem solving, really.

emilymxarie

Oh.
Im not sure what types do best in languages, but its probably Ne and Si rather than Ni and Se. Fe is good with communication, and Ti with linguistics, but Fi and Te might well be better for a foreign speaker, im not sure.
I didnt really brainstorm much in essays, and interpretation suggests Ne or Ni. I found it hard to engage my Ni and Fe with english literature class, but i might have for certain books. School generally wasnt for me, and i did best in subjects where i could be detached, such as mathematics, and some aspects of science. Problem solving, really.

When it comes to communication, I have the talking skills of a shy ten year old, so I guess I'm not in the possession of a high amount of Fe.

Quite a lot of my class mates used the brainstorming method before they started to write, as it was taught to us, but I've always opted towards immediately writing & coming up with ideas while doing so. I never put any clear structure to my arguments or ideas as well. I'm unsure if this indicates something other than me clearly not being a XXXJ-type.

I've also never been too fond of school (other than the two subjects that peaked my interest, which were english and psychology) & never put much effort into it until everything started to count into my final grade, as it is a requirement to have a nearly perfect grade in order to get accepted into psychology. I wouldn't have bothered with most of my classes that much if it wasn't for this.

For me, MINT subjects (other than biology) were always on the bottom of my list, as I have no interest in them whatsoever. I mostly did okay in them, but this is due to putting effort into learning rather than understanding.

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Legion, why do you see Ne-Fi combination here?
I think that in foreign languages each function might be useful. Si for good memory, Se for focus on the stimuli, Ne for abstract connections, Ni for finding grammar patterns etc., etc. That's why, I guess, people with various personality types can be good in various fields of interests, just approaching them differently. I know an xNFP who is a really good dancer and loves going outdoors, practicing sports. In my opinion it's not the core of the functions. I'd look for this core in the way people approach problems, not whether they can play basketball or not. Being able to do well at sports could be a trace leading to Se, but it doesn't determine it. In my opinion, of course.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Playing to Win: Personality Type and the Drive to Compete

| 16Personalities[/url]

ENTJs > ENTPs > ESTJs > ESTPs > ENFJs > INTJs > ENFPs > ESFJs > INTPs > ISTJs > ISTPs > ESFPs > INFJs > INFPs > ISFJs > ISFPs

I drew the functions on the paper and this data isn't helpful at all. 16personalities doesn't measure functions and there probably are many mistyped people...
Highly competetive (>75%): ENTJ, ENTP, ESTJ, ESTP, ENFJ
Above average competetive (>63% - that's half between highest and lowest percentages): INTJ, ENFP, ESFJ, INTP, almost ISTJ
Below average competetive (>51%) - ISTP, ESFP
Low competetive (<51%) - INFJ, INFP, ISFJ, ISFP

Hypothesis 1: "thinking" and "intuitive" people (in 16personalities meaning) are more likely to be competetive... this conclusion doesn't give us any information because it's based on senseless data.
Hypothesis 2: young generation (people who take the 16personalities test) describe themselves as competetive. I can believe in this one.
Hypothesis 3: people from various types perceive the word "competitive" differently. You can see it on one diagram in the article.

I don't see any information about Se being competitive, it's rather said that Te is the function to be blamed. Or maybe it's the way I understand "competition". What do you think?

Wow, I guess the competitiveness thing is way more complicated than I thought! I strongly agree with hypothesis 3, and hypothesis 2 sounds likely as well.
I think combinations of functions might influence how competitiveness manifests differently in different people, too. I don't know if I could pinpoint one function.

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, I guess the competitiveness thing is way more complicated than I thought! I strongly agree with hypothesis 3, and hypothesis 2 sounds likely as well.
I think combinations of functions might influence how competitiveness manifests differently in different people, too. I don't know if I could pinpoint one function.

Agreed. My first association with competetiveness is career success-driven ambition linked to Te. But you can have an ambition towards something different or even the same thing but with different motivation, approach. It is complicated indeed.