• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me, Round 3: This Time, a Video!

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello, all! This time, I decided to experiment and see how effective a video might be in narrowing down my type (MBTI and/or Enneagram). I may or may not have recorded this at 2 am, which is why my voice is so deep and sexy :) I kept my answers pithy and substantive, and I appreciate the help in advance!

I'll Venmo you $5 if you can guess my ethnicity/nationality correctly :D

Tagging some folks who've been helpful in the past or have that reputation (much love and appreciation in advance): [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION], [MENTION=35920]Earl Grey[/MENTION], [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION], [MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION]

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In typing people, I tend to not just cross reference surface information (eg; "I like a lot of sports," = "That's an ES-P tendency," or "I doubt a lot, I have a hard time making decisions," = "That's a Perceiver / E6 tendency,"). I observe them over a period of time and when prompted, as them questions based off the things I know, and need to know. Since you have mentioned me, I will start observing you, and set aside some time to watch the video later. Two initial questions: 1) do you have any idea what your MBTI and/or Ennea might be, and 2) why?

I have not watched this video yet and I have never typed people based off video (I don't do face typings and don't base my typings off how a person appears or how they speak, there are many behavioural tendencies that overlap in MBTI functions, and Enneagram- what I prefer- plain doesn't work that way), but I likely won't type you based off just a few pieces of information, unless there are things that particularly stand out to me.

However,
I have seen Luminous and awbro to be very good at cross referencing information to things they have read before; both have read a lot. They will likely be able to help lots with questionnaire and video formats due to how they do their typings.
I have seen RadicalDoubt to be very good at explaining the more intricate details of a theory in a way that is easy to understand. She will likely be able to help a lot if you are asking about the details of why a certain type is the way it is, or why some aspect of you would fit into the type the way it does.

skimpit

I hope to have some Jungian descriptions for you soon, but for now we'll go off various other literature that I've collected over the years in my studying of MBTI.

- Generally wanting to associate with people who have deep discussions with you over philosophical topics is an N thing. No specific function, just dichotomy. This is because intuitive functions are geared toward speculation and deep (as in depth, in opposition to breadth) analysis.
- I noticed you were recalling general concepts a lot. That's also a point for intuition in the dom or aux slot, because intuition works with concepts--and more technically, because N users have poor Si, their recall of facts is similarly such.
- The arguments bit made me think of lower T, because I don't think an NT or ST would have a problem with tearing down somebody's logic and making them cry "uncle," due to their high preference for a thinking function. That's a point for NF, as we've narrowed it down to N and feeler, I think. But let's wait.
- Since I still have INFJ on the brain, I'm thinking of how sarcasm and Ni relate. Ni users have dark senses of humor that not many people get unless they're in an intellectual mood; that's pretty rare. Do you feel you humor is dark, gritty, and witty? What genre describes it best?
- Your friends and pinning you down... I'd say "calm" here relates more to "quietude" and "peace" rather than "collected." These kinds of questions are good. Maybe you good provide more like these for us to analyze?
- Spreadsheets, huh? According to a lot of sources I've read, that's a TJ tendency. Tendency, not completely boxed-in and damning, lmao. It could also just be J.
- Generally wanting answers full of life is an N tendency, because Ns want lively, creative-based discussions that further objectives, goals, dreams, etc...
- Being loud and effusive is a feeler tendency, generally, usually Fe.

That leaves me at the moment with INTJ or INFJ (INXJ). I remember you had ENTP listed; what was your reasoning for that? Feel free to debate me on my conclusions as well.

Oh, and you seem to hail from some Arabic-speaking country, but I'm never sure...

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. Maybe you're a 631. 6s are complicated and nuanced. They want relationships with others that are secure, deep relationships with people they can trust, doing the right thing is important. It fits with humor being important. The group - your group - is important. You may look calm, but you don't feel it. Being polite and respectful are important. That a lack of self awareness, an excessive amount of criticism, arrogance, and overly passive people are so frustrating I think also might indicate type 6. You seem very anti-elitist.

The more I think about this, the more I think you seem more head first than heart first... you just don't have as much of an image-giving smooth persona that I think a 3 would. Instead, you're more focused on an authentic projection of your journey and questioning, your human and flawed experiences.

:D I enjoyed your video!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I was thinking, definite Ti and Fe user, probable ENTP.

Then i saw you have ENTP listed, so yeah i think you have it right.

(With video i type by vocal signals, and a bit with visuals)

I'll note that i initiallly thought you were a sensor based on your interests, but iirc i held off on a typing. Video is good for typing, probably better than typing by text unless its a misleading video. I'll have another look later to see if i can see (hear) a case for any other type.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Two initial questions: 1) do you have any idea what your MBTI and/or Ennea might be, and 2) why?

MBTI: Honestly, I'm not sure; I flit between different types. Obviously, sociability has little bearing on the E/I dichotomy, but I'm inclined to think I'm an E type. While I'm comfortable with being in my own mind and cognitive process, I feel the need to interact with and get inspiration from the world. The only thing I'm certain of is that I'm an intuitive type; my sensory awareness and memory for specific details is rather piss-poor lmao. Plus, I find myself very much energized by the connection of ideas and theories to the world. (@awbro, my certainty of having Intuition high in my stack and my tendency towards extroversion made me think I'm an Ne-dom; if you're right and I'm a Ni type, the reason I don't think of myself as one readily is accounted for more by how I relate to the Enneagram in the next section).

Enneagram: I'm between 3w4 and 7w6; tritype 739/379/731/371 (I'm definitely not a triple-assertive; you've gotta tell me how the hell you live with what sounds like a lot of energy). It's partly based on how my behaviors manifest and how I relate to the core motivations of each type. Behaviorally, my friends tell me I tend to have a confident, goofy, expansive presence, regardless of whether I'm more gregarious or reserved at that moment. This makes me inclined to believe I'm one of the id types (3,7,8), but I'm definitely motivated more by image and fear. I can relate to the core motivations and fears of the 3 and 7 very strongly, too; I fear being deprived of opportunities and being "stuck" in life, but I'm also about creating a successful, unique image for myself. The latter is why I relate to the 4-wing of 3 more, and I'm honestly kind of split between the wings for 7.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI: Honestly, I'm not sure; I flit between different types. Obviously, sociability has little bearing on the E/I dichotomy, but I'm inclined to think I'm an E type. While I'm comfortable with being in my own mind and cognitive process, I feel the need to interact with and get inspiration from the world. The only thing I'm certain of is that I'm an intuitive type; my sensory awareness and memory for specific details is rather piss-poor lmao. Plus, I find myself very much energized by the connection of ideas and theories to the world. (@awbro, my certainty of having Intuition high in my stack and my tendency towards extroversion made me think I'm an Ne-dom; if you're right and I'm a Ni type, the reason I don't think of myself as one readily is accounted for more by how I relate to the Enneagram in the next section).
I disagree with the highlighted. Saying that introverts are shy and extraverts outgoing is an oversimplification, obviously, but E/I is usually related to whether we gain energy from social interaction or lose it. I suppose it all comes down to your definition of sociability. If it means you enjoy socializing in part because it energizes you, that suggests E. If you enjoy socializing for other reasons (keeping up with friends, enjoying activities that require a group, opportunities to discuss, help, learn, etc.) DESPITE the fact that you feel drained afterwards, that suggests I. I can socialize fairly well, but I need to have a good reason for it, and it can take alot out of me. So, while I might even come across as an E while I am being deliberately social, I am absolutely an I.

I will post more later when I have time to go through your video and more of your posts.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Yep, ENTP.

Your Ne has an airy quality rather than a wandering quality which is interesting.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep, ENTP.

Your Ne has an airy quality rather than a wandering quality which is interesting.

How do you mean? What distinguishes airy Ne from wandering, as you say?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
How do you mean? What distinguishes airy Ne from wandering, as you say?

Im referring to the qualities of your voice, but the idea behind vocal analysis is that vocal tone mirrors cognitive processes, so this should apply to your thinking as well. I notice a rather spacey sound to your voice a lot of the time. You also have the warm emphatic speech of Fe+Si. Ne often manifests in a vocal tone that rises and falls a lot, but i didnt hear that in you.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'll add a correction. You do also have a wandering voice. Its different between when youre looking for the answer and when you have an answer and you are riding it out.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm. Maybe you're a 631. 6s are complicated and nuanced. They want relationships with others that are secure, deep relationships with people they can trust, doing the right thing is important. It fits with humor being important. The group - your group - is important. You may look calm, but you don't feel it. Being polite and respectful are important. That a lack of self awareness, an excessive amount of criticism, arrogance, and overly passive people are so frustrating I think also might indicate type 6. You seem very anti-elitist.

The more I think about this, the more I think you seem more head first than heart first... you just don't have as much of an image-giving smooth persona that I think a 3 would. Instead, you're more focused on an authentic projection of your journey and questioning, your human and flawed experiences.

:D I enjoyed your video!

Appreciate it as always, Lumi :) (this forum needs more emojis)! I know we've talked about instinctual variants before (and I'm sure I have so- in my stack somewhere), but did the video give you an impression towards one stacking or another?