123 Last

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Default Am I a 4 or 5 core?

Since Ive been here for two years now, I figured I would make another Type me thread with my more thorough understanding of enneagram, as well as more people knowing me. My profile tends to have a flavour of the month. I usually put what others have typed me as, or what I got on tests.

Types I have tested most frequently as, is 5 and 4. I am quite sure my core is a withdrawn type, despite being extroverted in MBTI. I am absolutely unsure of my gut type, but I cannot be triple withdrawn I think...

I got into a conversation with @Earl Grey again after a while of ignoring typology. He brought up once again that it's not behavior that makes you a specific type. It is your motivation. We got into a conversation about my motivations. Since I am horrible at explaining it, if he wants to elaborate it again. Please.

I think I doubt my identity too much to feel comfortable in one type for too long. I also tend to have an obsessive focus on expressing my identity, especially in art. This part of me is largely unexpressed on the forum, and usually something I don't share easily. My behavior, really doesn't reflect my motivations, to say in the least. I am a lot more sensative, and private than I let on. I don't know if I am afraid of being myself, or if I don't think myself worthy of others. Or even what myself actually is.

If I had to default to a type, it would probably be 5. Yet at the same time, I am not that concerned with competency as I thought originally. I want to be the best at everything, but also be different. I want to leave an impact on the world no one else has yet. I feel the way I can do that, is in art and writing. I don't really care for people, but at the same time like recognition, and then I get uncomfortable when people accept me, as if I was not worthy or too flawed to be accepted. I tend to drift in and out of communities, and I usually always tend to find myself an outcast in every single one. Even if I try joining an echo chamber, I find myself positioning in a way that stands out. It's no secret that I am commonly misunderstood either, and can be reactive. I am very individualistic, and even forget I can ask for help most of the time. If I stayed away from politics, people's impressions of me are night and day.

So if you were to type me, what would you say my core was between 4 and 5, and what would be my gut type if anything?

Feel free to add any instinctual varients. And please, try not to just write the type, but why as well. Even if it is just a single sentence. I need something to mull over.
    The beginning of the end is beginning.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    837 sx/sp

Whatever type you are, even from the few paragraphs you have posted here (and even more so slathered all over your blog and moments when you share your more inner thoughts with people you consider are friendly to you) your motivations is an identity and meaning-seeking one. I had mentioned that to you, but it appeared that you initially rejected it due to not having an understand of what identity and meaning-seeking means here.
    Last edited by Earl Grey; 06-27-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    A707
    수상한 파티로 널 초대할게
    Likes Maou liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post
    Types I have tested most frequently as, is 5 and 4. I am quite sure my core is a withdrawn type, despite being extroverted in MBTI. I am absolutely unsure of my gut type, but I cannot be triple withdrawn I think...

I got into a conversation with @Earl Grey again after a while of ignoring typology. He brought up once again that it's not behavior that makes you a specific type. It is your motivation. We got into a conversation about my motivations. Since I am horrible at explaining it, if he wants to elaborate it again. Please.
    I will post a few comments that occur to me readily, but may post later upon further reflection. This is mostly about core 4. I agree with Earl Grey on 4 over 5 for you. Ever since we first started interacting here, it was pretty clear that you were NOT 5 core, though I wouldn't have ventured a guess as to which you were because (1) we hardly knew each other, and (2) my knowledge of enneagram more limited then. I still have a better grasp of MBTI, but am getting better at enneagram. My approach to typing in this system often is based on process of elimination: deciding which types someone is likely not to be, then looking at what is left. Without going through the 7 others, 5 is one I would eliminate as a core, though I can accept more readily as a fix. What you have shared reflects a desire to know and understand, and one more for its own sake than, say, to accomplish some goal, which is 5-like to be sure. I don't see the same drive for competency, though, that usually characterizes this type. You mention here wanting to be the best at things, but I would not have had that impression based on our interactions and your posting. I see more a desire for self-sufficiency, being able to handle whatever comes along on your own, rather than the drive for sheer mastery, whatever the reasons. (This is the point where your knowledge of yourself will overrule mine if I got this part wrong.)

In any case, it is a common mistake is to type based on behavior, whether in enneagram, MBTI, or other systems. As I have said many times, any type can exhibit any behavior. We must analyze why they are doing it and how, if we are to distinguish one type from another. In enneagram, this focuses on motivation; in MBTI, more on cognitive processes - how we think, handle information and make decisions. The desire for artistic self-expression, for instance, can look 4-ish, but I would ask: why do you want this? What does it do for you? Individuals of various types exhibit this desire, and act upon it in different ways.

I will post more later when I have a chance.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Maou, RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    INF
    Enneagram

Are you ashamed of yourself, or afraid of the world?

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Are you ashamed of yourself, or afraid of the world?
    Do I have to pick one?

MBTI
    INF
    Enneagram

Do I have to pick one?

You can pick afraid/ashamed/angry at yourself/the world. Or a generalised and underexpressed version.

If multiple fit, which fits the best?

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

You can pick afraid/ashamed/angry at yourself/the world. Or a generalised and underexpressed version.

If multiple fit, which fits the best?
    I would pick neither lol. I am not afraid of the world, or ashamed of myself. Disappointed maybe, irritaited at how things play out. But its never constant.

MBTI
    INF
    Enneagram

I would pick neither lol. I am not afraid of the world, or ashamed of myself. Disappointed maybe, irritaited at how things play out. But its never constant.
    Well then youre probably not a 4 or a 5. It sounds like youre in the anger triad.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Well then youre probably not a 4 or a 5. It sounds like youre in the anger triad.
    Lol how so? Im sure every type can be angry, and my anger isnt my motivation for doing things. You did ask me to choose, and how does that even relate to 4 and 5? Afraid of the world can be 6, and ashamed can be 9.

MBTI
    INF
    Enneagram

Lol how so? Im sure every type can be angry, and my anger isnt my motivation for doing things. You did ask me to choose, and how does that even relate to 4 and 5? Afraid of the world can be 6, and ashamed can be 9.
    Shame is based in the shame triad which is 2, 3 and 4. Yes 6 can be afraid of the world but 5 moreso. 6 has generalised fear and tries to hold security. Every type can be angry but 8, 9 and 1 are more focused on anger than fear or shame.