• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me define my type (with questionnaires)

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've chosen these two questionnaires to answer. I would like to know your opinion about what you think my type is, since I've had doubts about it for a while now
I hope my English is understandable enough

The other one:

And that's it. I had to put them under spoiler, otherwise this message would have been enormous. I usually don't talk so much, but in some questions I wrote a lot because I think it was important to make my point of view clearer
If it can help, I think my enneagram is 9w8 4w3 7w8 sx/sp (but if you have another opinion on my enneatype, you're welcome to comment on it as well, or confirm what I think if you feel it's right)
As for cognitive functions, in tests I usually score Se first, Fi and Ti second, Si, Fe, Te have the lowest scores and Ne and Ni are just there in the middle

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think you're an IP type but also Ne+Si, so that would make you INxP.

I'm leaning towards INTP. The environmental stuff might seem values based in the sense of Feeling, but I don't think that makes you a Feeler. I don't see a lot regarding the socio-emotional dimension.

(If I remember, I'll give an explanation of my reasoning later)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 9w1 is likely your core, and I can see a lot of 1 influence. My guess for tritype is 947. (For reference I considered between 9 and 1, 5 and 7, and 3 and 4.) So I think you've typed yourself pretty well. I'm not sure on sx/sp. I don't think you're so blind. I think sp/so is likely.

I hope your body image issues improve soon. :hug: I struggled with disordered eating when I was younger myself.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you're an IP type but also Ne+Si, so that would make you INxP.

I'm leaning towards INTP. The environmental stuff might seem values based in the sense of Feeling, but I don't think that makes you a Feeler. I don't see a lot regarding the socio-emotional dimension.

(If I remember, I'll give an explanation of my reasoning later)
I never considered Ne-Si actually, that's an interesting take because I myself and also other people have always ever described me as a Se-Ni user. I've never really seen myself as an intuitive, since I am very grounded in the present and I struggle a lot with theoretical infos ever since I was in school and sometimes I'm made to notice that I get stuck in details and miss the bigger picture of things

I think 9w1 is likely your core, and I can see a lot of 1 influence. My guess for tritype is 947. (For reference I considered between 9 and 1, 5 and 7, and 3 and 4.) So I think you've typed yourself pretty well. I'm not sure on sx/sp. I don't think you're so blind. I think sp/so is likely.

I hope your body image issues improve soon. :hug: I struggled with disordered eating when I was younger myself.
Thank you, I'm currently working on it with a therapist to make it better!
I considered 9w1, but in the end I though 9w8 fit me better, but I can't really remember why, because I read the description in a book about enneagram some time ago. I know tests aren't always to be taken into account, but I tend to score very low for type 1, and together with 6 and 2 is the one I score the least on. As for instinctual variants, I still have to explore as I'm not sure myself, except for the presence of the sp, of which I'm pretty sure. I think my reasoning for thinking sx over so in the past was due to the fact that I've always felt more "intense" and in need of deep connections (even if I've kinda failed to acquire them) than I ever felt the need to be in a big group or work in a team
Do you also have an idea about the mbti type?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4 and sx/sp can look alike. Social instinct isn't just big groups and that sort of thing. Your emphasis on human rights, the environment, and politics made me think you're not so last. Would you be willing to make a collage of images that appeal to you to help in typing your instincts?

Sorry - I'm not great at MBTI type, so I don't have any guesses for that.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I never considered Ne-Si actually, that's an interesting take because I myself and also other people have always ever described me as a Se-Ni user. I've never really seen myself as an intuitive, since I am very grounded in the present and I struggle a lot with theoretical infos ever since I was in school and sometimes I'm made to notice that I get stuck in details and miss the bigger picture of things

The reason I say Ne+Si is that you tend to reference the external and internal in terms of generalities and regularities. Ni+Se communication focuses on concepts and specifics.

Also, I had already suspected you were an N, for instance you write: "people who do everything by the book and are incapable of adapting" as people who don't like, and that is more likely to be said by an intuitive. On the other hand, you say you get stuck in details, but with tertiary Si, that's to be expected from time to time.

The IxxP typing is because you basically say you want to be left alone to do your own thing, and there were some other things that suggested IxxP that are similar. J types are more about making an impact.

Oh, and NPs are in the present as well, though in a different way to Se. I tend to associate Ne with noticing developments taking place around one.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4 and sx/sp can look alike. Social instinct isn't just big groups and that sort of thing. Your emphasis on human rights, the environment, and politics made me think you're not so last. Would you be willing to make a collage of images that appeal to you to help in typing your instincts? .
Here are some. I tried to put pretty much all that appeals to me most, hope they can help

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to think about your images, but my initial thought is that they are neither sx nor so last, and they are most likely sx/so. However, I could be wrong. ;) sx/sp is still a possibility, as is so/sp.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi, there! I'm gonna digress for a moment and say you seem like an interesting person, and Italy is one of my favorite places I've been in the world (which part are you from, if you don't mind my asking). I'm glad someone relates to my struggles of striking a balance between science and humanities in their field of study; I'm an undergraduate public health student now, and while I enjoy it, I might pursue a master's degree in something else. Nice to see someone whose educational experiences parallel my own, haha. I'm sorry about your body image issues; I hope you're doing okay and they improve soon!

MBTI: You're definitely an ISxP type, that much I can discern. The Se secondary function is just an intuitive feel on my part, but I might elaborate on it later.

You stated your desire to not be a hypocrite and be authentic, which might seem like a Fi trait at first. But, I would argue it's something characteristic of Ji-doms in general; since Ti and Fi comprise internal logic and value systems, it's important to both types to keep the integrity of their cognitive processes intact and not influenced by their wider surroundings (if that makes sense). Consequently, IxxP are more marked (in my experience at least) by a stronger desire to be independent and autonomous. For you, I see elements of that in your academic journey and dissatisfaction with elements of your fields that stifle creativity and individualism, but I can't decide solely on that basis.

What I think I am seeing, however, is inferior Fe. You mention you like leaders who can lead without being bossy or pushy, while admitting you think you wouldn't be a good leader. Leadership comes in many forms (Te being more direct and Fe more values-based). But, it sounds like you're aware of the wider social world and its interpersonal dynamics, as well as just wanting to relate to people in a harmonious way. Being unable to express oneself emotionally can be a problem with Fi-doms as well, but it sounds like your issue comes with expressing it verbally and feeling/seeming detached. Idk, that sounds more like an inferior Fe thing to me. I'm gonna say ISTP.

Enneagram: If I were to hazard a guess, 9w8 > 4w3 > 7w? so/sx. Honestly, I'm not as adept at Enneagram (yet) as Luminous, so I'd take their word over mine :D

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, there! I'm gonna digress for a moment and say you seem like an interesting person, and Italy is one of my favorite places I've been in the world (which part are you from, if you don't mind my asking). I'm glad someone relates to my struggles of striking a balance between science and humanities in their field of study; I'm an undergraduate public health student now, and while I enjoy it, I might pursue a master's degree in something else. Nice to see someone whose educational experiences parallel my own, haha. I'm sorry about your body image issues; I hope you're doing okay and they improve soon!
Thank you! I'm from Rome btw, so right in the center of Italy :D
I know the struggle, science and art or humanities are always seen as opposites and it's hard to find an academic field in which you can practice both, and it was difficult for me since I don't want to give up neither of them
I'm currently working on my improvement, it's slowly getting better I guess

Going back to mbti, I can see why ISTP; I've considered myself one for a long time. Lately I've had doubts mostly due to the fact that I'm a fairly emotional and sensitive person, I don't really try to hide anything anymore (I used to when I was younger, but nowdays it's just that apparently I can't express them in a way that is understandable to people) and I fail to make decisions based solely on logic, as I often choose based on what is important/dear to me, or simply on what I like. I don't know if I'm just a particularly emo and crybaby ISTP (maybe due to the type 4 in the tritype? Who knows) or if I'm just a regular ISTP, and the stereotype of the badass guy with 0 feels is mostly false in the end. Not that I ever really expected it to be completely true, I really doubt that people with inferior Fe or Fi have no feelings whatsoever
As for enneagram, yeah I feel that 947 is the tritype that makes the most sense. Still trying to understand the instinctual variants better, though

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you! I'm from Rome btw, so right in the center of Italy :D
I know the struggle, science and art or humanities are always seen as opposites and it's hard to find an academic field in which you can practice both, and it was difficult for me since I don't want to give up neither of them
I'm currently working on my improvement, it's slowly getting better I guess

Going back to mbti, I can see why ISTP; I've considered myself one for a long time. Lately I've had doubts mostly due to the fact that I'm a fairly emotional and sensitive person, I don't really try to hide anything anymore (I used to when I was younger, but nowdays it's just that apparently I can't express them in a way that is understandable to people) and I fail to make decisions based solely on logic, as I often choose based on what is important/dear to me, or simply on what I like. I don't know if I'm just a particularly emo and crybaby ISTP (maybe due to the type 4 in the tritype? Who knows) or if I'm just a regular ISTP, and the stereotype of the badass guy with 0 feels is mostly false in the end. Not that I ever really expected it to be completely true, I really doubt that people with inferior Fe or Fi have no feelings whatsoever
As for enneagram, yeah I feel that 947 is the tritype that makes the most sense. Still trying to understand the instinctual variants better, though

Rome is a wonderful city :) Best gelato I had in the country was there. Seems like things with the virus have gotten better in Italy, if I'm hearing and reading everything correctly? That's a lot better than how the bumblefucks in charge here in America have handled it. Complete tangent: Italian politics is very fascinating to me.

Being emotional and sensitive isn't necessarily a type-related thing. I mean, you mentioned a lot of the conditions which contributed to you being this way, and those are conditions independent of type (MBTI or Enneagram). It's true the 4 in your tritype might make you different from the stereotypical ISTP, that alone shouldn't rule it out. Truthfully, our cognitive functions aren't entirely perfect or in the assigned Jungian order irl. I swing back and forth between ENTP and ENFP because I also test equally for Ti and Fi when taking cognitive function tests, just like you mentioned you do. This can make things messy, but I'd try to focus on what your cognitive process is like a majority of the time. Sometimes, it might help to work backwards (the way I thought you were an ISTP more on the basis of inferior Fe); think about the parts of your life that are most in conflict or the part of your personality that manifests negatively under stressful situations, etc. I'd be happy to talk more in-depth if you have any questions!

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rome is a wonderful city :) Best gelato I had in the country was there. Seems like things with the virus have gotten better in Italy, if I'm hearing and reading everything correctly? That's a lot better than how the bumblefucks in charge here in America have handled it. Complete tangent: Italian politics is very fascinating to me.

Being emotional and sensitive isn't necessarily a type-related thing. I mean, you mentioned a lot of the conditions which contributed to you being this way, and those are conditions independent of type (MBTI or Enneagram). It's true the 4 in your tritype might make you different from the stereotypical ISTP, that alone shouldn't rule it out. Truthfully, our cognitive functions aren't entirely perfect or in the assigned Jungian order irl. I swing back and forth between ENTP and ENFP because I also test equally for Ti and Fi when taking cognitive function tests, just like you mentioned you do. This can make things messy, but I'd try to focus on what your cognitive process is like a majority of the time. Sometimes, it might help to work backwards (the way I thought you were an ISTP more on the basis of inferior Fe); think about the parts of your life that are most in conflict or the part of your personality that manifests negatively under stressful situations, etc. I'd be happy to talk more in-depth if you have any questions!

Yeah, the situation here got better since the beginning of May, now we're pretty much back to normal, even though we still have to wear masks and pay attention. All things considered, the current government handled the lockdown phase pretty well imo
And I see what you mean, it's pretty logical that the mbti theory wouldn't fit perfectly in real life and that our function order wouldn't be exactly what's supposed to be in theory. I think what helps me the most in determining if I am a Ti-dom or a Fi-dom is thinking about the loop experience. I definitely relate more to the Ti-Ni loop than to the Fi-Ni one, and I'm pretty sure I've been stuck in the former some years ago. As for the inferior function, I relate to the struggles and reactions of both inferior Te and inferior Fe grips, but thinking about the past when I was more immature, I've always perceived connecting to people and their emotions as my biggest struggle and it's been what has made me suffer the most until my mid-teens until I learned to be more open socially and less awkward, so I guess that in the end inferior Fe is what makes the most sense for me. Thanks for your help!

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, the situation here got better since the beginning of May, now we're pretty much back to normal, even though we still have to wear masks and pay attention. All things considered, the current government handled the lockdown phase pretty well imo
And I see what you mean, it's pretty logical that the mbti theory wouldn't fit perfectly in real life and that our function order wouldn't be exactly what's supposed to be in theory. I think what helps me the most in determining if I am a Ti-dom or a Fi-dom is thinking about the loop experience. I definitely relate more to the Ti-Ni loop than to the Fi-Ni one, and I'm pretty sure I've been stuck in the former some years ago. As for the inferior function, I relate to the struggles and reactions of both inferior Te and inferior Fe grips, but thinking about the past when I was more immature, I've always perceived connecting to people and their emotions as my biggest struggle and it's been what has made me suffer the most until my mid-teens until I learned to be more open socially and less awkward, so I guess that in the end inferior Fe is what makes the most sense for me. Thanks for your help!

I agree with ISTP. What I see in your description most often is your Se - you sense your surroundings, are focused on your body's appearance and "using" it as much as possible. You also said that losing memories isn't scary to you, what was a hint that your Si is rather low. And you said that you could always make new ones. Which is logical and focused on present, I think. The fact you care about the environment want authenticity doesn't have to mean that you are a Fi dom. Ti is also internally consistent, so Ti doms should avoid hypocrisy as well. You want to have a complex, logical and lacking contradictions view on the reality. Pointing that people tell you that you see everything in the black and white also sounds a bit like Ti. You also look like a practical person and focused on your thoughts rather than feelings. And caring about our planets appears logical to me. It might be your tertiary Ni, too, trying to avoid a future catastrophe.

It is said that INTJs are most independent of all types, but judging by my experience I'd disagree. STP protect it like dragons keeping their treasure. Don't touch it. Don't force me to anything. I wonder, is it Se or Ni, that cares about this value?