• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP, ISFJ, ISTJ ... ? Help me to type myself.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright, so I know you might guys tell me to take a sort of questionnaire to get typed, but I have taken them million times and they arent really helped me, since they are quite limiting about what you generaly want to write about yourself and generaly make it feel like the way I fill questionnaires in a disningenious ways.

So to start off, I have the ability to read other's emotions, this lets me know what others feel and absorb their feelings strongly. This gives me the ability to read other's intentions and feel the emotional atmosphere in the room, this allows me to have gut feelings whether something is good or bad gonna happen, allowing me to asses the situation intuitively. This comes with a terrible cost though; the ability to read other's emotions also allows me to read what others think logicaly, especialy when it comes what others personaly think about me, so this makes me increasingly paranoid and sensitive to other's personal opinions, even if It's not intention to offend. It tends to show up in either 2 ways; Either I would become very vulnerable, become reactive and oversensitive, or I would avoid reacting at all and just avoid showing my own weaknesses.

Consistently through my life, my values very usualy based on what others tell me to believe, this usualy includes my parents, culture, school teachers, you get the point. While I deeply held their values, morals and teachings, later on I started questioning then, becoming more defiant in the proccess, and this leads to this;

When I reached my teens age, I started to become more self-focused. Generaly speaking when I was young I didnt care about my identity and how others would preceive me, as I was just focused on what I was enjoyed doing, but as I grew up, I become more conscious of how others preceive me or think of me, I started to care more about my appearance by picking appropriate clothes, developing my own style (Basicaly peacocking), becoming more competitive, more conscious of my talents and flaws, and I was very focused on myself and at the same time also on impressing others. With this, I didnt allow imperfections, I didnt allow myself to show weakness, but this made me extremely prone to becoming vulnerable and feel like I'm being weak, that I'm not perfect, that I'm a failure, that I'm not good enough, this made me think in the proccess that others will think of me as worthless, that nobody will care about me.

I'm also very prone to inflexibility, I'm very focused on organising and planning this so things would go the way I want it to be, this makes me terrible at improvising, since opening up to new stuff leads to basicaly dropping away what I planned and thus abandoning the thing I wanted to do or get. Generaly speaking, I just hate improvising when It's required, when there is no other choice.

Caribelle

Sounds like Isfj. The ability to tune into people's emotions screams Fe. And it sounds like you're a Judger type, who likes structure and planning and order, vs. free-floating spontaneity.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So to start off, I have the ability to read other's emotions, this lets me know what others feel and absorb their feelings strongly. This gives me the ability to read other's intentions and feel the emotional atmosphere in the room, this allows me to have gut feelings whether something is good or bad gonna happen, allowing me to asses the situation intuitively. This comes with a terrible cost though; the ability to read other's emotions also allows me to read what others think logicaly, especialy when it comes what others personaly think about me, so this makes me increasingly paranoid and sensitive to other's personal opinions, even if It's not intention to offend. It tends to show up in either 2 ways; Either I would become very vulnerable, become reactive and oversensitive, or I would avoid reacting at all and just avoid showing my own weaknesses.
This is pretty consistent with high Fe (both in socionics and the mbti), especially if you're able to do this with some level of accuracy. Do you also tend to be able to manipulate the environment if necessary (as in change the overall mood of things if you put effort into doing so if desired)?

Consistently through my life, my values very usualy based on what others tell me to believe, this usualy includes my parents, culture, school teachers, you get the point. While I deeply held their values, morals and teachings, later on I started questioning then, becoming more defiant in the proccess, and this leads to this;

When I reached my teens age, I started to become more self-focused. Generaly speaking when I was young I didnt care about my identity and how others would preceive me, as I was just focused on what I was enjoyed doing, but as I grew up, I become more conscious of how others preceive me or think of me, I started to care more about my appearance by picking appropriate clothes, developing my own style (Basicaly peacocking), becoming more competitive, more conscious of my talents and flaws, and I was very focused on myself and at the same time also on impressing others. With this, I didnt allow imperfections, I didnt allow myself to show weakness, but this made me extremely prone to becoming vulnerable and feel like I'm being weak, that I'm not perfect, that I'm a failure, that I'm not good enough, this made me think in the proccess that others will think of me as worthless, that nobody will care about me.
In general, this is pretty common with people developing into themselves, the first part especially. Most children, regardless of type are either very trusting or distrusting of "authority figures," at least in the beginning, considering that your enneagram type solidifies later in life (alongside your personality as a whole). The latter part of this (if it's not soley due to outside factors such as bullying and such) could potentially be disintigration to 3, so it may be worth considering 6w7 or 6w5 as a core type. 6s typically oscillate between being very trusting and distrustful anyways and are a common mistype for 1 (which I saw you briefly type as if I'm not mistaken?), which sounds like it could potentially work. Your first paragraph also sounded as though it could potentially be a combination of 6 and high Fe, as 6 inherently has a desire to be in control of things. Could be 6w5 if you fall back on studying others and maintaining predictability in order to feel comfortable and maintain that control.

I'm also very prone to inflexibility, I'm very focused on organising and planning this so things would go the way I want it to be, this makes me terrible at improvising, since opening up to new stuff leads to basicaly dropping away what I planned and thus abandoning the thing I wanted to do or get. Generally speaking, I just hate improvising when It's required, when there is no other choice.
Sounds like you're probably a J type in terms of dichotomies, also probably paired with a 6 presence of sorts.

In a vauge sense, you sound like you could probably be a 614 combo or a 613 combo. Can't tell if it's Si or Ni in the picture (although if you specifically have difficulty integrating possibilities and dealing with situations you cannot predict from experience, it's probably high Si). You also sound high sp, could be sp/sx or sp/so (or something else entirely I suppose if I've missed something, I'm more going off how you come across here and on the forums).

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know I think you're an Fi dom, so out of those 3 - ISFP. Judged based on your actions and the way you have acted on this and other forums, not your questionnaire because I don't really agree with the way you've described yourself.

I don't think you're really "in tune" with others emotions. If you were, why would you completely fail to read the room in the "Types you admire" thread by commenting the following:
Nobody, I only despise one type. ENTJ.

Fucking twats in the typology community wont fucking ever shut up about how ENTJ's are the perfect meta of a human personality

Not only this, but the way you acted towards me and others on PersonalityCafe also showed a lack of awareness of emotions. You seemed to be perfectly willing to disregard my feelings with the transphobia you aimed at me (Misgendering me repeatedly, making passive aggressive comments on other threads regarding my gender identity) which wouldn't be too bad, but you were completely oblivious to how you were coming across.

So yes, I think you're an IxFP - either works but probably ISFP tbh.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I really could not sit back idly and watch you clearly say things that aren't true with the amount of pain you caused me back on Personality Cafe.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know I think you're an Fi dom, so out of those 3 - ISFP. Judged based on your actions and the way you have acted on this and other forums, not your questionnaire because I don't really agree with the way you've described yourself.

I don't think you're really "in tune" with others emotions. If you were, why would you completely fail to read the room in the "Types you admire" thread by commenting the following:

Not only this, but the way you acted towards me and others on PersonalityCafe also showed a lack of awareness of emotions. You seemed to be perfectly willing to disregard my feelings with the transphobia you aimed at me (Misgendering me repeatedly, making passive aggressive comments on other threads regarding my gender identity) which wouldn't be too bad, but you were completely oblivious to how you were coming across.

So yes, I think you're an IxFP - either works but probably ISFP tbh.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I really could not sit back idly and watch you clearly say things that aren't true with the amount of pain you caused me back on Personality Cafe.

I simply dont want to be associated with being IxFP, for the simple reason of it being associated with the "Uwu cute", SJW tumblr cringe or the emo tween shit that nobody wants to be associated with (Me included), I cant take those IxFP types seriously with this in mind, I cant either take myself seriously either if I am a IxFP and honestly It's just a huge shame and humiliation for my own sake for being put low on the lowest food chain of the Myers-Briggs types.

I think It's pretty clear for me the whole time that whoever is not an IxFP seems to be heavely entitled to being right, even if whatever they say is objectively wrong or invalid, and honestly I'm feed up with this bullshit.

And I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I cant take an Ti ENTP peacocking self-proclaimed "queen bee" seriously either, because I can only smell the huge egoic, or perhaps narcissistic entitlemet of proclaiming oneself being superior to others, basicaly special snowflake shit. I'm honestly surprised how you are even typed as ENTP or INTJ in the first place, makes-believe that you just lied about yourself like myself in my OP post, plus also considering that you are focused on your gender identity thing.

Do not start with the "You are very self-focused" bullshit, everyone is focused on theirselves, improving themselves or perfecting out themselves, even those who are most selfless (like ISFJ's) or even those who arent focused on their emotions (ExTJ's), identity isn't based on emotions only, and I think this is where everyone is completely fucking up in understanding how types works and how they see themselves as, because regardless of what, everyone is focused on their identity, It's a universal human psychology, those who are ignorant to it are just complete dumbasses. Basing my own type as IxFP with Enneagram 4 because I do normal human shit is the most retarded idea of personality typing I've even seen, period.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I simply dont want to be associated with being IxFP, for the simple reason of it being associated with the "Uwu cute", SJW tumblr cringe or the emo tween shit that nobody wants to be associated with (Me included), I cant take those IxFP types seriously with this in mind, I cant either take myself seriously either if I am a IxFP and honestly It's just a huge shame and humiliation for my own sake for being put low on the lowest food chain of the Myers-Briggs types. I think It's pretty clear for me the whole time that whoever is not an IxFP seems to be heavely entitled to being right, even if whatever they say is objectively wrong or invalid, and honestly I'm feed up with this bullshit. And I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I cant take an Ti ENTP peacocking self-proclaimed "queen bee" seriously either, because I can only smell the huge egoic, or perhaps narcissistic entitlemet of proclaiming oneself being superior to others, basicaly special snowflake shit. I'm honestly surprised how you are even typed as ENTP or INTJ in the first place, makes-believe that you just lied about yourself like myself in my OP post, plus also considering that you are focused on your gender identity thing. Do not start with the "You are very self-focused" bullshit, everyone is focused on theirselves, improving themselves or perfecting out themselves, even those who are most selfless (like ISFJ's) or even those who arent focused on their emotions (ExTJ's), identity isn't based on emotions only, and I think this is where everyone is completely fucking up in understanding how types works and how they see themselves as, because regardless of what, everyone is focused on their identity, It's a universal human psychology, those who are ignorant to it are just complete dumbasses. Basing my own type as IxFP with Enneagram 4 because I do normal human shit is the most retarded idea of personality typing I've even seen, period.
Well that response was so cute and adorable, uwu. Jk. Dysphoria related attacks are unrelated to type so that is yet another bait based on my gender identity, and if it was - what you saw was my unhealthy tertiary Fe coming out to play. Get some new material boo. Literally no one besides you is claiming that IxFPs are at the "bottom of the food chain", that is something that is in your head that you are projecting. Get a grip, you're being illogical hunty.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, idk about you but think what you want.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=33777]Charus[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34990]miss deceit[/MENTION]

You use all the same ID on the other forums?
Why I never see the same people on these forums? It always different names.
I only spotted [MENTION=33777]Charus[/MENTION] on personality-database a few months ago before I deleted my account in there because a troll had more reputation than I and my reputation label went a name almost offensive to me because I got a lot of dislikers on a comment that I had said that some person did not have a preference for Si or Se.

Anyway, the fight between you two is epic and awful, awful because of the words and epic because you seem to be carrying it at least in 2 different forums. So, Im not going to really say much about it and I would not like to getting involved and I already know that any attempt to diplomacy is almost useless in this point. I havent reported to any MODs, but if you two continue that way both will likely to get banned.

--

About OP, that already opened 3 threads, and I answer one saying that the [MENTION=33777]Charus[/MENTION] was very neurotic (I dont mean to offend here, that is for the sake of typing) and that would complicate and fuzzy preferences, in a way that would be very unlikely to even get a type right because usually people neurotic people have preferences that changes overtime and, specially, if their neuroticism gets down, they usually change. People with high neuroticism are usually in an altered state. I say usually because, some people can manage to keep their personality while being neurotic, but that is not the normal case.

I would like to bring [MENTION=40271]mancino[/MENTION] advice.. It was on a private message but Im sure he wouldnt mind me quoting him from that..

Mancino said:
(...) something Jung himself tried to grasp: a person is best defined by his most salient feature, more relevant characteristic. He defined each of his 8 types as a 100% preference for 1 out of 8 functions. That is very, very different from having 16 (or 8) [types](...).

Allow me an analogy. Your have a group of 100 people in a hall, and you want to classify them according to some criteria. Let’s say, hair length. You have two options: you can order them according to hair length, then cut the group in half. You’ll have a “long hair group” and a “short hair group”, with 50 people each. But in the short hair group, you’ll have together bald guys and guys/gals with somewhat middle length hair; whatever you say about their hair, is going to be very wrong for some of them.
On the other hand, you could pick the outlier, i.e. the X people with the longest hair and the X people with the shortest; the rest would not have any special hair length. That would make much more sense from a practical point of view. People in the former would have “long hair”, in the latter, “short hair”, and the rest would be best described by some other attribute unrelated to hair length.

A real life example. I played rugby during my university years. I remember my first training, me and a bunch of newbies. The trainer welcomed us and went straight to the point: “Fast guys on the left, strong guys on the right”. (...) The implicit idea was that, if you were neither, you could as well go home, which many ended up doing. So the dichotomy was indeed a trichotomy: fast rugby players, strong rugby players and NO rugby players!

This approach is simple: Ask your self: What is my most salient feature, my most relevant characteristic?
I think this is really the best start.
Considering cognitive functions and MBTI, you have 4 dichotomies to pick and 8 cognitive functions. Which of one are consistent OR strong? I already had every dichotomy result except one (although not all types), which is intuition: I always had scored as intuitive; And as a perceiver in like 90% of the time, even though I was never a strong intuitive and I am not am intuitive in all intuitive facets (from 4-5 facets, Im a sensor in one of them; Also, my communications style is very adapted through and to sensors). So, at least from the beginning I could tell "I am an intuitive" and that was at least something for a start.

I could go to other threads and have some reads, but that is my first advice, and from everything, I would even not answer a type and look for a trait or two to stick with. And, of course, dont get so much obsessed with this, be patient with yourself.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=33777]Charus[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34990]miss deceit[/MENTION]

You use all the same ID on the other forums?
Why I never see the same people on these forums? It always different names.
I only spotted [MENTION=33777]Charus[/MENTION] on personality-database a few months ago before I deleted my account in there because a troll had more reputation than I and my reputation label went a name almost offensive to me because I got a lot of dislikers on a comment that I had said that some person did not have a preference for Si or Se.

Anyway, the fight between you two is epic and awful, awful because of the words and epic because you seem to be carrying it at least in 2 different forums. So, Im not going to really say much about it and I would not like to getting involved and I already know that any attempt to diplomacy is almost useless in this point. I havent reported to any MODs, but if you two continue that way both will likely to get banned.

--

About OP, that already opened 3 threads, and I answer one saying that the [MENTION=33777]Charus[/MENTION] was very neurotic (I dont mean to offend here, that is for the sake of typing) and that would complicate and fuzzy preferences, in a way that would be very unlikely to even get a type right because usually people neurotic people have preferences that changes overtime and, specially, if their neuroticism gets down, they usually change. People with high neuroticism are usually in an altered state. I say usually because, some people can manage to keep their personality while being neurotic, but that is not the normal case.

I would like to bring [MENTION=40271]mancino[/MENTION] advice.. It was on a private message but Im sure he wouldnt mind me quoting him from that..

This approach is simple: Ask your self: What is my most salient feature, my most relevant characteristic?
I think this is really the best start.
Considering cognitive functions and MBTI, you have 4 dichotomies to pick and 8 cognitive functions. Which of one are consistent OR strong? I already had every dichotomy result except one (although not all types), which is intuition: I always had scored as intuitive; And as a perceiver in like 90% of the time, even though I was never a strong intuitive and I am not am intuitive in all intuitive facets (from 4-5 facets, Im a sensor in one of them; Also, my communications style is very adapted through and to sensors). So, at least from the beginning I could tell "I am an intuitive" and that was at least something for a start.

I could go to other threads and have some reads, but that is my first advice, and from everything, I would even not answer a type and look for a trait or two to stick with. And, of course, dont get so much obsessed with this, be patient with yourself.

It gets more down to the fact that they type me as a IxFP not because of relevant characterists, but because they feel being threatened or offended by my opinions or facts that I provide, so the IxFP labeling takes place.

It is regardless of whatever [MENTION=34990]miss deceit[/MENTION] says, her entire posts are pretty much the same repeated stuff of "You attacked me and offended me, so you are IxFP!", which is why I cant take those posts seriously.

I dont have anything against transgenders to be honest, like people can identify with whatever they want. But seriously, where do you see tert Fe in her emotional projections? I've meet an actual unhealthy ENTP on Personality Database Discord, and he was not something that [MENTION=34990]miss deceit[/MENTION] resembles, actualy like completely far.

I cant take their typings seriously to be honest, she confuses hobbies, emotional reactions/projections, mental illnesses as a personality type. They also dont take into account that types like ExFP and IxTJ's also have a considerable Fi, why not use those, they didnt provide any good reasoning why I shouldn't be typed as those types.

Funny, because I have made multiple typing sessions in Personality Database discord, most of there actualy agreed that I'm an ISTJ with an unhealthy Fi being prone to repressions and unhealthy behaviours.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It gets more down to the fact that they type me as a IxFP not because of relevant characterists, but because they feel being threatened or offended by my opinions or facts that I provide, so the IxFP labeling takes place.

It is regardless of whatever [MENTION=34990]miss deceit[/MENTION] says, her entire posts are pretty much the same repeated stuff of "You attacked me and offended me, so you are IxFP!", which is why I cant take those posts seriously.

I dont have anything against transgenders to be honest, like people can identify with whatever they want. But seriously, where do you see tert Fe in her emotional projections? I've meet an actual unhealthy ENTP on Personality Database Discord, and he was not something that [MENTION=34990]miss deceit[/MENTION] resembles, actualy like completely far.

I cant take their typings seriously to be honest, she confuses hobbies, emotional reactions/projections, mental illnesses as a personality type. They also dont take into account that types like ExFP and IxTJ's also have a considerable Fi, why not use those, they didnt provide any good reasoning why I shouldn't be typed as those types.

Funny, because I have made multiple typing sessions in Personality Database discord, most of there actualy agreed that I'm an ISTJ with an unhealthy Fi being prone to repressions and unhealthy behaviours.

No need to mention me twice. How about stop projecting shit on to me because you're insecure about being typed a certain way? The ad homs taking my posts out of context really don't help your case. All I will say is your lack of self awareness is staggering. I do admire your ability to turn your own typing thread into an unsolicited typing on someone else though, god tier trolling. I also do not in any way feel threatened by you, but it strokes your own ego to believe that so if it helps you sleep at night keep going with that.

I will however respond to this, because I believe it shows a level of closed minded ignorance:
But seriously, where do you see tert Fe in her emotional projections? I've meet an actual unhealthy ENTP on Personality Database Discord, and he was not something that @miss deceit resembles, actualy like completely far.
This relies on the assumption unhealthy people of the same type will be unhealthy in the same way. This is a very baseless assumption. The context is important, people have different life experiences and will express their functions differently based on those life experiences. The unhealthy Fe is very blatant in my reactions - Fe regards emotional expression and the emotional atmosphere which is exactly what I did in reacting to you. I desired to gain control over the emotional atmosphere and I did so in a very scathing way through a clear emotional display. All very Fe, hence why I said it was my tert Fe coming out to play.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No need to mention me twice. How about stop projecting shit on to me because you're insecure about being typed a certain way? The ad homs taking my posts out of context really don't help your case. All I will say is your lack of self awareness is staggering. I do admire your ability to turn your own typing thread into an unsolicited typing on someone else though, god tier trolling. I also do not in any way feel threatened by you, but it strokes your own ego to believe that so if it helps you sleep at night keep going with that.

I will however respond to this, because I believe it shows a level of closed minded ignorance:

This relies on the assumption unhealthy people of the same type will be unhealthy in the same way. This is a very baseless assumption. The context is important, people have different life experiences and will express their functions differently based on those life experiences. The unhealthy Fe is very blatant in my reactions - Fe regards emotional expression and the emotional atmosphere which is exactly what I did in reacting to you. I desired to gain control over the emotional atmosphere and I did so in a very scathing way through a clear emotional display. All very Fe, hence why I said it was my tert Fe coming out to play.

Okay, I get it, you are the ENTP, the devil's advocate, the ingenious trickster. I shouldn't be allowed to question or oppose your logic.

No but seriously, I wasn't even threatening you, I'm just saying things as they really are in reality, perhaps you are just not aware of them because you dont want to use your inf. Si. But anyway, in terms of ad hominem attacks and projecting bullshit accusations, you are not an exemption from that rule.

No need to mention me twice. How about stop projecting shit on to me because you're insecure about being typed a certain way?.

Yeah, I admit this makes me insecure, but whats more worrying is the people who know jack shit about how functions work besides stereotypes and force it down your throat.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually think that you are INFJ, but with ISFJ as a second choice. The reason why I think you are INFJ over ISFJ (from that short description) because you said that you are excellent at reading people and you use it to predict things. You are a clear Fe user. This seems like Ni + Fe. But are you a more detail-oriented or "big picture" person? Do you engage in inferior Ne or Se behaviors when stressed? Those are the determining questions. Definitely IXFJ though.