• Mixed / Hard to tell

1 10.00%
123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    874 sx/so

Default Is Earl Grey an Extrovert?

As the title says. This thread is specifically for the MBTI I/E dichotomy (I/E only, so no mixing other dichotomies eg; Ne, Te, Se, etc- no, just I/E).

1) I'd like input on if you think I am, or could be an MBTI Introvert or Extrovert, both cognitively and behaviourally, as well as why you think so, and how it would, or could make sense.
    2) I would prefer personal observations as a member of the same forum, instead of links to type theory, unless the links are used to illustrate/pad your own observations.

I will provide more details if the thread gets enough attention, but not now- I want 'as is' opinions / observations first.

Alright- go fire.

EDIT: also pay no heed to my currently listed type, it's a joke.

EDIT 2: If you have details to post, go ahead and post them. I'll read all of them.
    Last edited by Earl Grey; 06-18-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    恒星野神
    祓いたまえ、清めたまえ

Rising of the dick hero Dareyth's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    459 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Perhaps. You have always acted both ways imo. But you're a lot more energetic znd upfront and sociable than some people.
    The beginning of the end is beginning.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

The five facets of the Extraversion-Introversion dichotomy are Initiating-Receiving, Expressive-Contained, Gregarious-Intimate, Active-Reflective, and Enthusiastic-Quiet.
    Descriptions of the MBTI Step II� Facets | Personality Cafe

On a scale of 1-10
    Initiating-Receiving: 7
    Expressive-Contained: 10
    Gregarious-Intimate: 7
    Active-Reflective: 9
    Enthusiastic-Quiet: 7
    40 on a scale of 0 to 50. 4 out of 5 doctors recommend introvert. Or, you're introverted from your calves up.

Edited to add: as Maou said, you're somewhat sociable, hence the 40 of 50 and not 50 of 50.

Blessed With A Curse Schrödinger's Name's Avatar

When it comes to behavior I'd say you are a 'mix' of both (though, not really). But it mostly seems to come out in bursts. A period of 'intense' extraverted behavior, followed by a period of being withdrawn. Right now par example I'd say you are in a more 'extraverted' phase; more initiating (conversations), expressive and active. But a month ago you weren't active at all. So at core I see you as an introvert who has 'extraverted' outbursts. (Then again, this sounds a bit like stereotyping. Since it's normal that introverts socialize too. Most of the time it's just on their terms, and when they have the energy to do so. Therefore 'extraverted outbursts' isn't a 100% correct term, but you understand what I mean.)

I am not sure what introvert/extravert cognition is supposed to be/look like. How you take in information and process it?
    Edit; I suppose you mean the cognitive functions. Working at it. Edit 2. If it is indeed about cognitive functions, your post is a bit confusing to me. Since it then, is related to dichotomies in categories. When it comes to cognitive functions, I don't think it's right to say someone is an introvert or an extravert. It's not that black&white. Though I am still not sure what you mean, so I'll wait for you to explain.
    Until You Decide What Happens, Everything Is Happening At Once

Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    SiTi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I voted balanced, but realistically, you seem more introverted than extroverted. You just aren't... Grossly introverted? You can socialize, you're relatively assertive, etc etc. I agree with the pionts made that you seem to oscillate in terms of having bursts of extroverted behavior, but reservation seems like your more natural tendency imo.

MBTI
    INF
    Enneagram

How does one tell introversion from forum behaviour? I guess the telling sign would be the degree to which your posts are written from a subjective standpoint, as opposed to objective.

I don't have any opinions of your I/E dichotomy, besides the typing I already gave you iirc (though I didn't elaborate on reasons).

Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    SiTi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalDoubt View Post
    I voted balanced, but realistically, you seem more introverted than extroverted. You just aren't... Grossly introverted? You can socialize, you're relatively assertive, etc etc. I agree with the pionts made that you seem to oscillate in terms of having bursts of extroverted behavior, but reservation seems like your more natural tendency imo.
    Out of request:
    To elaborate I guess, while you don't fall too heavily to one dichotomy over the other in the E vs I department, in terms of the traditional E vs I dichotomy, I've never really considered you someone who is more stimulated by the outside world and external forms of engagement more than your own musings and solitary activities. In terms of traits, you have been called assertive/leading on multiple occasions, you seem moderately sociable in the realm that you aren't directly evasive of interaction all the time and may lead or initiate conversations when you desire to. On occasions, you have periods where you are socializing a lot (on the forums) or your energy levels come to a high (kind of what YourName was seeming to allude to), but that doesn't seem like something you maintain consistently. Compared to more extreme introverts, you just seem more rounded perhaps rather than extroverted.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

I'll elaborate a bit more, too. I think behaviorally you do go through times when you are more extroverted. But then you go back into your shell/cave/room/library and aren't active. You are generally reserved in major emotional and cognitive ways even if you are interacting in an enthusiastic behavioral way. So I think when someone just meets you and you interact for a short period of time, it might be easy to mistype you as an extrovert especially if you've just consumed a lot of coffee. I can elaborate further, point by point, using the source I referenced earlier, if you'd like.

MBTI
    yupp

no! he's a nice cup of hot tea
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so :hi:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Elaboration

Initiating-Receiving