• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questioning My Type, Help Wanted

Ulysses

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I'm not sure about typological theories in general, but it sure seems interesting, so I've decided to give it another shot. I've looked at MBTI, Socionics, and enneagram. I've taken Dario N.'s test and gotten Fi dom and 16Personalities and gotten INFP. I've been a user for almost two years and I do my fair share of lurking, I stumbled upon Reckful's posts and he raised some interesting questions, like the validity of the Grant stack and functions in general.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
I am content, just that. I maintain a neutral expression. I notice myself getting bored rather easily.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
To be me is to be free. Nah, to be me is to be adventurous from the comfort of your living room (I explore the world online), to have lots of friendly acquantiances but not lots of friends, and to be slowly improving most of the time.
b. What have others said about you?
That I come off as robotic, but I am also good with words. I can be blunt but most of the time, I'm "too quiet".
c. What do you think of yourself?
I think I'm a decent person who needs to put more work into himself.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
I've often dealt with trying not to view others as inferior. I used to have not many friends because I thought I was too good for most people, but I figured that out, and still have to remind myself that I am not the best every once in awhile. I also deal with proper time management issues.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
Being consistently social/extraverted, maintaining calmness under all situations.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
Charisma and the ability to take action immediately.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
I've left relationships because we naturally drifted apart or it didn't feel fulfilling.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
INFP, ENFP, INTP, ESTJ, ENFJ
a. How do you relate to these types?
I relate to the first three by being mostly go with the flow. I relate to ESTJ by often feeling in charge and having bursts of "who cares what they think? it's my way or the highway" moments. I relate to ENFJs by trying to be that one friend who's insightful and always there.
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
I feel a bit too goal oriented in comparison to most XNXPs. I'm not as enthusiastic as many ENFPs. I'm often a bit too withdrawn for ESTJs. I have little to no Ni qualities for ENFJ.

7. Which types are least like you?
ESTP
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
I am not rugged, I prefer the mental to the physical, and I think too much if anything.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
I don't think I relate to any.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
Pursue it if you like. I think it's good to have a partner who you can be 100% honest with, but make sure they're trustworthy. A relationship you put years into and get nothing out of isn't worth it.

9. What is the message your superego tells you?
Don't act weird, be nice but don't smile too much. Try to bring out the best in others.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)
I want to be someone who's idealistic and acts on that idealism to improve myself and those around myself. I want to be confident and quick to take action but also good at planning for the future (I'm future oriented but planning skills are lacking at times).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
adventurous from the comfort of your living room (I explore the world online), ... and to be slowly improving most of the time.

The first bit sounds Ne, the second bit sounds Si.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I'm not sure about typological theories in general, but it sure seems interesting, so I've decided to give it another shot. I've looked at MBTI, Socionics, and enneagram. I've taken Dario N.'s test and gotten Fi dom and 16Personalities and gotten INFP. I've been a user for almost two years and I do my fair share of lurking, I stumbled upon Reckful's posts and he raised some interesting questions, like the validity of the Grant stack and functions in general.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
I am content, just that. I maintain a neutral expression. I notice myself getting bored rather easily.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
To be me is to be free. Nah, to be me is to be adventurous from the comfort of your living room (I explore the world online), to have lots of friendly acquantiances but not lots of friends, and to be slowly improving most of the time.
b. What have others said about you?
That I come off as robotic, but I am also good with words. I can be blunt but most of the time, I'm "too quiet".
c. What do you think of yourself?
I think I'm a decent person who needs to put more work into himself.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
I've often dealt with trying not to view others as inferior. I used to have not many friends because I thought I was too good for most people, but I figured that out, and still have to remind myself that I am not the best every once in awhile. I also deal with proper time management issues.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
Being consistently social/extraverted, maintaining calmness under all situations.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
Charisma and the ability to take action immediately.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
I've left relationships because we naturally drifted apart or it didn't feel fulfilling.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
INFP, ENFP, INTP, ESTJ, ENFJ
a. How do you relate to these types?
I relate to the first three by being mostly go with the flow. I relate to ESTJ by often feeling in charge and having bursts of "who cares what they think? it's my way or the highway" moments. I relate to ENFJs by trying to be that one friend who's insightful and always there.
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
I feel a bit too goal oriented in comparison to most XNXPs. I'm not as enthusiastic as many ENFPs. I'm often a bit too withdrawn for ESTJs. I have little to no Ni qualities for ENFJ.

7. Which types are least like you?
ESTP
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
I am not rugged, I prefer the mental to the physical, and I think too much if anything.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
I don't think I relate to any.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
Pursue it if you like. I think it's good to have a partner who you can be 100% honest with, but make sure they're trustworthy. A relationship you put years into and get nothing out of isn't worth it.

9. What is the message your superego tells you?
Don't act weird, be nice but don't smile too much. Try to bring out the best in others.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)
I want to be someone who's idealistic and acts on that idealism to improve myself and those around myself. I want to be confident and quick to take action but also good at planning for the future (I'm future oriented but planning skills are lacking at times).

I agree with NFP.
You are not emotionally expressive, but seems to be Fi-driven.
Perceiving goes out of that and because of not being that much goal-driven.
Although you are a feeler, you are not expressive in feeling, meaning that Fe should be low (in dichotomy terms, means that E-F is low for the context, or perhaps E-FJ is low).

Whatever you are introvert or extravert it is a big question.
For the moment I say that you are introvert, but if you have desires and motivations related to extraversion, you might be a repressed extraversion. But your text is not deep enough to me even try to arrive repressed extravert as an answer, so I say that you need to evaluate your desires and motivations and see if they really click about extraversion, if perhaps you just see yourself as waaayyy too much introvert and need to develop a little of an extravert side for your own personality development, or if the environment might be demanding you to be extraverted but you dont truly want that, but you need to. These kinds of possibilities.