• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just Let Me (Love) Type (!) You

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] you still think 9w8 for me? ;P you're still I think the only person who has ever typed me as a 9 and I am curious if you developed more of a basis on enneagram to back it? I really do wanna know!!! :D

skimpit

I really do wanna know!!!
When I typed you as that, or anyone else that asked for Ennea, I was reading through descriptions and such. Looking at the Enneagram Institute's page on 9s now, I'm seeing some stuff I associate with you based on forum activity but am not sure if is true of you in real life.
So do forgive the lapse in ability.
If you would like me to cite passages from a couple sources, I can do so later tonight. Just let me know.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I typed you as that, or anyone else that asked for Ennea, I was reading through descriptions and such. Looking at the Enneagram Institute's page on 9s now, I'm seeing some stuff I associate with you based on forum activity but am not sure if is true of you in real life.
So do forgive the lapse in ability.
If you would like me to cite passages from a couple sources, I can do so later tonight. Just let me know.

I'm down. I'm not super different on forum imo. XD

skimpit

I'm down. I'm not super different on forum imo. XD
I see.

How 'bout this?
The Enneagram Network said:
Speaking style: Inclusive and welcoming at their best, Nines may have trouble getting to the point. They can be linear and over-controlled, or they can be quite dispersed.
I'm seeing this, but it could just be dom Ne in you instead.
Nines excel at seeing all points of view. This can make it difficult for them to make personal decisions, but at the same time, they can be excellent mediators and peacemakers for others.
This is a common theme that seems to be present across a lot of posts I see from you, but anyone (including you) is welcome to correct me on this.
The Enneagram Institute said:
Nines also retreat into their minds and their emotional fantasies.
By contrast, Nines tend to focus on the “bright side of life” so that their peace of mind will not be shaken. But rather than deny the dark side of life, what Nines must understand is that all of the perspectives presented by the other types are true, too. Nines must resist the urge to escape into “premature Buddhahood” or the “white light” of the Divine and away from the mundane world.
Check.

It's hard to explain--it's just a theme I see running across your posts, but I could be totally off-base. Let's discuss if you please.

edgenist

MBTI Type
XNXP
I can’t figure out my type.

skimpit

I can’t figure out my type.
I read through the whole thing, and it seemed to be a series of NP answers, more specifically XNFP answers. I'll give an excerpt of why I thought what I did.
I guess I’m just trying to understand how people work lol.
I think I might have this “warm” energy or something. Strangers tend to approach me a lot for some reason and usually when there are many people around, I am always the one that is being asked for something.
I wish I was more easy going and sociable instead of awkward. I have trouble understanding social cues and I have no idea how to act around others. I wish I was more tactful because I tend to unintentionally hurt others.

I might say INFP or INTP.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No pressure or anything, but was wondering if you got a feel for an enneagram type or even a tritype based on my questionnaire also?
You're a great typist if it means anything!

skimpit

No pressure or anything, but was wondering if you got a feel for an enneagram type or even a tritype based on my questionnaire also?
You're a great typist if it means anything!

:blush: Thank you. It does mean a lot.

I was thinking type 2, 2w3. 279. 2w3 7w6 9w8. What did you type yourself as? I notice you have yourself as a 2. ;)

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see.

How 'bout this?

I'm seeing this, but it could just be dom Ne in you instead.

This is a common theme that seems to be present across a lot of posts I see from you, but anyone (including you) is welcome to correct me on this.

Check.

It's hard to explain--it's just a theme I see running across your posts, but I could be totally off-base. Let's discuss if you please.

...okay I can see the 9 points you are seeing. Those are actual traits I have offline as well. But I think some of those traits overlap with my heart type (2). Also I have recently been considering the possibility I might be 1w9 rather than 1w2, which could explain some 9sih influences. But most of the 9s I know are far more...calm? than I am? chill? utterly conflict avoidant? My emotional states are very impassioned. Do you think this could still fit with 9?

skimpit

...okay I can see the 9 points you are seeing. Those are actual traits I have offline as well. But I think some of those traits overlap with my heart type (2). Also I have recently been considering the possibility I might be 1w9 rather than 1w2, which could explain some 9sih influences. But most of the 9s I know are far more...calm? than I am? chill? utterly conflict avoidant? My emotional states are very impassioned. Do you think this could still fit with 9?

Perhaps not.

I was looking at some recent posts where you said you preferred to stay on the sidelines at times, and I wondered if that contributed or not. I don't know now if you're a full 9.

My deepest apologies.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps not.

I was looking at some recent posts where you said you preferred to stay on the sidelines at times, and I wondered if that contributed or not. I don't know now if you're a full 9.

My deepest apologies.

Oh no never feel a need to apologize for assessing me in any way. It is an opinion and one I value. :)

I do tend to sideline on many things but when it comes to say, a group project, I take the leadership role because I doubt anyone else will actually do it. XD

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:blush: Thank you. It does mean a lot.

I was thinking type 2, 2w3. 279. 2w3 7w6 9w8. What did you type yourself as? I notice you have yourself as a 2. ;)

I'm undecided between 286/268, 279/297, or 296/269.
Thank you! I think 2 is a strong contender as my core typing for sure.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's get some data! (I'm quoting your 'type-me' thread.)

Sounds like an Ni aspiration, but where in the stack? Because you're "trying to figure it out," it hints to me it might be lower.

There we go... this is the one bit that made me consider inf Ni.

Interesting you'd emphasize "introverts"--not everyone online is an introvert, though perhaps the majority of the power users could be. This made me tilt toward ESFP, too.

Fi despises fake, especially high Fi.
That leaves us with FPs right now. And I'm not seeing signs of intuition over sensing, but we can look for those.

This is like a two-fold argument. It positions you as having Ni/Se over Ne/Si on an axis and it makes it seem as if your intuition is lower. I get it, not all intuitives are inherently creative or grand, but they like working with ideas and value being original, so random, weird stuff comes from them often. You seem to struggle with this.

In OPS terms (and maybe others, IDK) this would be gathering. So definitely Se or sensing somewhere high up. As the OPS people like to say, intuitives make more guesses and trust them, even if they may not be right, and the sensors read and read and read until they're satisfied with the information because then they'll feel they have enough to form a conclusion and make a good decision. Does that sound like you?

I hope that helped. Let me know.

[MENTION=26674]Norrsken[/MENTION]: Got any data I can borrow? (I know, I'm not borrowing, really... maybe just... 'mine from'?) I've seen a few of your posts on the forum and you seem pretty confident in your type. From my (limited) observations, I think NF as a temperament is a definite fit.

[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] I see you're doing enneagram too now, would you mind doing mine?

I gave you feedback in your own typing thread, BTW.

skimpit

I see you're doing enneagram too now, would you mind doing mine?
As a drive-by typing in my admittedly poor Enneatyping skills, I think 478 or 487 makes sense. I also considered a 6 core (I think I'm using that term right) even those two types are markedly different. So either the first or something with a 6 in the mix.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a drive-by typing in my admittedly poor Enneatyping skills, I think 478 or 487 makes sense. I also considered a 6 core (I think I'm using that term right) even those two types are markedly different. So either the first or something with a 6 in the mix.

That's okay, thank you for the feedback. I think this is very reasonable.

Core is the main part of the tritype, I think you may be using it correctly. Fix is one of the latter two numbers of the tritype. If you're talking about considering 6 in place of the main type in place of 4, I've considered that many times myself.

I also don't think that 4 and 6 are too different and have some similarities (particularly in terms of reactivity) so I understand the confusion.

fatgurl

ARMY
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hi and welcome to my thread.
Reading your writing, it somehow strikes me as sexual/social. I know the other poster pegged you as something different but this is my interpretation.
Feel free to ask any questions.

Hi, I honestly skipped over this instinctual stacking cause it seemed more for extroverts and I don't see many INTPs that have this type. So I just never even read about it

skimpit

Hi, I honestly skipped over this instinctual stacking cause it seemed more for extroverts and I don't see many INTPs that have this type. So I just never even read about it

I'm still getting better at typing and remember, I'm a sensor (the INTJ tag is a joke as I'm sure you can tell), so my intuition is faulty more than 50% of the time. I was going by intuition lol

I have a general idea of the instinctual stackings but I read up on them on a couple websites as separate parts of the whole and then paired them together. It seemed to fit based on the definition of "social" I'd absorbed, but I stand to be corrected.

I'm willing to discuss more, but I think you have your stackings pretty set in your mind. :)
[MENTION=34448]Sacrophagus[/MENTION]: You've always struck me as blunt, and independent, regardless of what anyone has said to you. That could be a variety of types, but I'd associate that a lot with a Te/Fi valuing type. I won't comment on how good my intuition/perception axis spotting skills are, so I'll leave it at that.

And to anyone who happens to be reading this post/thread atm, would you please rate my typing skills in a reply of your own? I'm always aiming to get better, but I have no specific direction... or I lose it often hehe. I won't be offended, just curious.