• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just Let Me (Love) Type (!) You

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I say Ne and Si because those are the vibes I get from you, not seeing you around the forum much other than the Fluff Zone sub. You seem to have this playfulness in regards to making new ideas and jumping through rabbit-holes that I'd associate with Ne/Si, and Ti as a dominant function because you can be quite dry in your communication. Someone with high Fe is much more inclined to sugarcoat to get their point across, when they try to get it across. If you have dom Fe or aux Fe, you're probably a bit shy about communicating your actual feelings about something as opposed to just affirming what the group feels, and especially as a first or second function, it makes you quite sensitive and shy in general, even if you're an extrovert. That's why FJs and FPs are known as criers. INTPs can cry, but they're shy in a different way. They don't know how to handle their emotions because while they care for people, they don't want to disappoint them, and being blunt might have done it. They try to "solve" their emotions while FJs are naturals at just letting the emotions flow from person to person, because if those people are caring, they'll share the FJ's emotions, and the FJ will share their emotions, creating one big Fe fest. With TPs, they just want everyone to feel fine. They care about the emotions of other people, but they might not have tact.

I agree you're definitely intuitive. ENFJs can go by gut instinct, but so can INTPs. In my argument, I'd try to convince you that telling captivating stories in an Ne/Si thing. What's your take on that here?

Tactlessness is a bit what I've observed in you. You're not mean. You just like to debate about topics that you find interesting.

Feel free to disagree, though. I'll be here to back up my case, the more evidence I get. :wubbie:

I thought telling captivating stories is an fe thing. Cause youre grabbing their attention and getting them interested and excited to read. I notice i can grab peoples attention and have a long conversation cause I talk too much and one person notice i can get into it too much. It took me a couple yrs to really understand the 8 cognitive functions and if you read my si vs se function topic,I typed it in a way where you would understand the differences between si and se. Here's the link https://www.typologycentral.com/for...ions/102361-si-vs-se.html?102361=#post3150150 it may be a little too blunt

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone else want to be typed?

Hello. I'd love to, but I'm a new user and haven't written many posts here yet, so it might be difficult (if possible). I have been working on my post for weeks and haven't finished yet, correcting, making new versions, writing it multiple times from the beginning. I wonder whether it should provide people with much information (and, thus, be long, detailed) or increase the possibility that someone actually reads it :D

I've been thinking about writing a post including as many dimensions as possible. Filling the questionnaire, of course. My short self description. My family tree (with my typing of them). My OCEAN results. I've been collecting this data but I'm afraid that it would be too much.

I have some suspicion what my type is because the way of my thinking. I can see what functions I use but the biggest problem is that it might be a cover for another personality. As a kid I was different from what I am at the moment and I have a personality disorder, so it is really tricky and confusing. I didn't want to say what my guessing of my type is or even add an avatar, because it could lead to some suggestions. I was thinking about adding a paragraph with description of my childhood behaviour, too or even writing a "type me as a child" post because my current "mask" could be the result of two big breakdowns in my life.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] I'd love to be typed! I have a type me thread up, but at this point I think I have an adequate number of other posts to look at as well.

pississippi

[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] I'd like to be typed too. I have a questionnaire on my type me thread and I can answer any questions. :)

skimpit

I'll need some time to do it, but for now if those of you who haven't filled out a questionnaire anywhere on the site could do so and leave it here, that'd be great.

Link me to your "type me" threads as well if you have any.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Please type me. I will be including the spoilers to 2 previous questionnaires as well as some details about my strengths, weaknesses, character traits, and general thought processes.
Questionnaire #1 (@RadicalDoubt):

Questionnaire #2 (@EJCC):

What sort of tasks are you naturally adept at?
Planning. I am very task-oriented and I will come up with a plan to achieve my goals.
Memorization. People have always told me that I have a good memory.
Analysis.
After I overcame my social difficulties (which made me hate working in groups), I started to lead group projects, directly or indirectly.
Speech patterns:
I am generally enthusiastic, expressive, passionate, and direct. I am forceful and clear. I will explain things in specifics and it is not unusual for me to recall things in detail. I can also see the bigger picture.
I will sometimes pause when speaking, but this is not normal. I tend to start conversations.
I tend to ask a lot of questions to get more information.
I am not afraid of correcting someone if they are wrong. I will say so directly.
When I was younger, I used to talk obsessively about what I was interested in. I would give details about a certain subject.
Now, I talk about relevant things related to school and my goals. I also talk about opinions on things, and I will sometimes talk about past experiences.
General Thought Process:
I tend to memorize information easily. I take notes on something and it usually does not take me long to remember something. I will often review information to memorize things. I remember past experiences easily.
I will often want to go into depth within one or a few subjects. I can become obsessed in this regard.
I am very good at analyzing and planning. I tend to lay out detailed plans for whichever goal(s) I want to achieve.
When thinking about tasks, I will think about them sequentially (I have to do this, then that).
I visualize things easily and I often “think in pictures.” Music often triggers images of things, and they are often not connected to reality.
I can easily create stories in my mind.
I verbalize most of my thoughts. I will say what I am going to do and whatever I am thinking about. I will tell them, whether they are realistic or not.
I am future-minded in my thinking but I will take the present steps to achieve my goals.
What sort of tasks have you repeatedly failed at?
Reading nonverbal cues in people. Although my social skills have improved greatly, I can’t pick up those cues.
I have failed at doing art. Although I can do some extroverted sensing activities well (cooking and Taekwondo), the coordination of art can be hard for me. My handwriting is not great either.
Paying attention to my emotions can be hard for me. I will often try to distance myself from my emotions as much as possible. I view them as messy and a detriment to getting things done. I will deal with them by doing schoolwork, learning, But if I neglect them for long enough, they will erupt (usually by crying and by having to talk about them).
What do you generally avoid doing?
Procrastinating. I love getting things done.
Not working towards my goals. I need to be doing something most of the time.
I try to avoid making mistakes. I hate mistakes.
Asking for help unless I absolutely need to. I want to independently solve problems if I am working alone.
I try to avoid breaking rules. Breaking rules and laws have obvious consequences; therefore, I try to follow them.
I avoid going to most parties. Although they can be fun sometimes, they can be stressful.
What do you mainly seek out?
Doing my best work as I possibly can. I am a huge perfectionist.
Achievement. I try to achieve whatever I set my mind to.
Knowledge. I love learning new things, and if I like something, then I might become obsessed with it.
How do you see yourself?
I see myself as open, outgoing, hardworking, driven, smart, knowledgeable, fairly obedient, future-oriented, somewhat idealistic, perfectionistic, friendly, creative, determined, ambitious, self-critical, judgemental, and high-strung. I am sometimes anal-retentive and emotional.
How do others see me as?
Hardworking, ambitious, smart, creative, outgoing, strategic, a rule-follower, anxious, emotional, someone who loves control, single-minded, idealistic, perfectionistic, determined, overly critical, rigid, and judgmental.

skimpit

[MENTION=40910]Falcon112[/MENTION]:
God, I don't have so many friends to go to a restaurant or have two different bakers recommended
Let's mark my friend as A and the well-known baker as B.
It depends on prices and the taste of the food. Which relationship is more important to me, the baker's or the young couple's? Is my friend, who recommends B, getting married? Well, then it's their decision where to buy the cake! If not, I think that buying it from A doesn't affect my relationship with the young couple, but could help my friend. Who would do their best to make a perfect cake in return. It's an advertisement for them. For me it's just a cake, I don't care about flavours too much. From my point of view buying from A has more advantages, unless their cake tastes worse.
This right here made me think INTP. I had INTX narrowed down, but this makes me think INTP because of the pro/con nature.
Meaning or interesting form of presenting shapes. Like there are two things when you watch from different angles. Or smaller elements are connected into a bigger one. I like looking for hidden meanings or riddles contained in art. I could also try to recall the historical context of creation.
This also strikes me as an INTP answer, as INTPs like to collect facts.
General: INTX. Verdict: INTP. Of course, you're free to disagree. :newwink:
[MENTION=39780]noname3788[/MENTION]:
I study physics. I like to learn about things, and physics can answer at least some of the fundamental questions of this world. Also, I can perfectly imagine myself to work as some scientist later, as it could allow me to avoid the corporate world. Also, there is the small chance of discovering something important that could improve humanity, there are still enough unsolved problems out there, a solution to one of these could change a lot.
I get INFJ vibes from your post but this really reminds me of INFJs' answers.
I like having a basic degree of organization. Knowing when I have to do something allows me to adjust to it, but I also try to allow some spare time to be used for whatever I want to do at that time. I always have a basic plan but the exact implementation can easily change once I get a better idea.
This one as well.
Verdict: INFJ. Feel free to disagree. :)
[MENTION=41022]Tigerfalcon8[/MENTION]:
I verbalize most of my thoughts. I will say what I am going to do and whatever I am thinking about. I will tell them, whether they are realistic or not.
A vote for Te.
Asking for help unless I absolutely need to. I want to independently solve problems if I am working alone.
Inf Fi.
Now what about the middle functions? I'll tell you a bit about what I see, and you're free to disagree. Mine should only be one in a menagerie of opinions.
Hardworking, ambitious, smart, creative, outgoing, strategic, a rule-follower, anxious, emotional, someone who loves control, single-minded, idealistic, perfectionistic, determined, overly critical, rigid, and judgmental.
ESTJ?
Making sure that it is perfect. I will ensure that the details are correct and that the project is up to my internal standards and external standards. External standards refer to judging criteria set by others or myself. I do like to have control of the outcome; I am a control freak.
ESTJ --> verdict.

A note to all of you: I did read more of all your questionnaires than what I posted here. I just excerpted some data to put in the post for you to review for your reading and analyzing pleasure.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try me if you can.

skimpit

[MENTION=40991]pississippi[/MENTION]:
You need to have freedom to be happy.
Everyone should try to find something that makes their life worth living. Currently, I don’t have anything to live for so I’m going to college to find something I’d like to study. Life itself is meaningless and it happens by chance. Life is an opportunity to experience the world you came from before you disappear.
It’s really important that I find my passion, actually, so I can live every day with something fun to do.
Sounds like ESFP to me. Definitely a P type. A lot of the answers you gave sounded inf Ni and aux Fi, and as I scrolled through the responses helped make it all the more clear. Of course, feel free to disagree--you're not bound to this at all!
[MENTION=37565]Dareyth[/MENTION]: I tried to read your blog, but for some reason it blocked me... not sure the reason. Just by vibe, INXX. If you want to give me a resource to use to type you that won't give me an error message, I'll be much obliged.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=40991]pississippi[/MENTION]:

Sounds like ESFP to me. Definitely a P type. A lot of the answers you gave sounded inf Ni and aux Fi, and as I scrolled through the responses helped make it all the more clear. Of course, feel free to disagree--you're not bound to this at all!
[MENTION=37565]Dareyth[/MENTION]: I tried to read your blog, but for some reason it blocked me... not sure the reason. Just by vibe, INXX. If you want to give me a resource to use to type you that won't give me an error message, I'll be much obliged.

Ah you need to have 500 posts to see private blogs lol. I don't have any recent type me threads other than enneagram tho.

skimpit

Ah you need to have 500 posts to see private blogs lol. I don't have any recent type me threads other than enneagram tho.
Enneagram is fine! I'm sure I could make do with that. Or, if you have a post you're particularly proud of that you made on the forum or elsewhere, you can link me to that as well. :) I wish I could search through posts! Then we wouldn't have to do this manually. Although, there's something to be said about talking to people in the modern age, I suppose... *cue fake deep music*

Anything will do at this point. No need to fill out another questionnaire if it doesn't suit. I just need something to bounce off of and use to provide evidence in bite-sized bits and as something to serve as reference points for me to go back to later.

I completely understand if that's too much work, however. :thumbup:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram is fine! I'm sure I could make do with that. Or, if you have a post you're particularly proud of that you made on the forum or elsewhere, you can link me to that as well. :) I wish I could search through posts! Then we wouldn't have to do this manually. Although, there's something to be said about talking to people in the modern age, I suppose... *cue fake deep music*

Anything will do at this point. No need to fill out another questionnaire if it doesn't suit. I just need something to bounce off of and use to provide evidence in bite-sized bits and as something to serve as reference points for me to go back to later.

I completely understand if that's too much work, however. :thumbup:

Am I a 4 or 5 core?

Earl and Cor know me best, so their input is accurate too.

skimpit

[MENTION=37565]Dareyth[/MENTION]: I'm not an expert at Enneagram and it seems that you've already got quality input from Earl Grey and Coriolis; therefore, I'll leave that out, but where applicable I'll mention what I think could be your innerworkings.
I also tend to have an obsessive focus on expressing my identity, especially in art.
Now, you might think this spells out ISFP perfectly but I think, rather, that it's just Ni of a sort. I haven't yet learnt how to tell Enneagram apart from the MBTI or functions, but as you mentioned in your post, it's all about motivation. Ni is just the medium, or here, the "obsessive focus."
I want to be the best at everything, but also be different. I want to leave an impact on the world no one else has yet. I feel the way I can do that, is in art and writing. I don't really care for people, but at the same time like recognition, and then I get uncomfortable when people accept me, as if I was not worthy or too flawed to be accepted.
This sounds like a combination of Ni-Ti to me. Dom Ni wants the best for its user, Ti seeks individuality. This explodes in an extremely driven, outstandingly unique person of their own invention. Of course, I'm also reading into this some INTJ vibes, so at this moment, INXJ is appropriate for the type. I would also consider INFP. INTP to me sounds wrong because you don't seem to focus first and foremost on logical consistency in your description. You focus on getting the information out. INTPs get more hung up on details. INFPs do, too, but don't have such sticks up their butts. :alttongue:

Naturally, you're free to disagree and tell me why. I love a good debate. :D

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=37565]Dareyth[/MENTION]: I'm not an expert at Enneagram and it seems that you've already got quality input from Earl Grey and Coriolis; therefore, I'll leave that out, but where applicable I'll mention what I think could be your innerworkings.

Now, you might think this spells out ISFP perfectly but I think, rather, that it's just Ni of a sort. I haven't yet learnt how to tell Enneagram apart from the MBTI or functions, but as you mentioned in your post, it's all about motivation. Ni is just the medium, or here, the "obsessive focus."

This sounds like a combination of Ni-Ti to me. Dom Ni wants the best for its user, Ti seeks individuality. This explodes in an extremely driven, outstandingly unique person of their own invention. Of course, I'm also reading into this some INTJ vibes, so at this moment, INXJ is appropriate for the type. I would also consider INFP. INTP to me sounds wrong because you don't seem to focus first and foremost on logical consistency in your description. You focus on getting the information out. INTPs get more hung up on details. INFPs do, too, but don't have such sticks up their butts. :alttongue:

Naturally, you're free to disagree and tell me why. I love a good debate. :D

INTJ is the most common typing I get, so no surprise there. :) It was actually Coriolis that helped me realize I was using Ti instead of Te. And my general scatteredness is more Perceiving etc. I am also definately not a conventional Ti user. Hence why I made that thread. 5s are far more exacting, 4s are more stylized.

Thanks for your input!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I have spoken at length with [MENTION=37565]Dareyth[/MENTION] about this. I can see why people might initially type her as INTJ, especially if focusing on certain superficial aspects of her behavior that fit the stereotypes. At the risk of being accused of gatekeeping, I tend to have a pretty good radar for other INTJs, even if I can't always explain exactly why I think someone is or isn't one. If I observe long enough, I can gather the necessary supporting evidence.

For Dareyth, this comes out in how she argues. I wouldn't say the Ti drive for logical consistency is absent, but rather that it takes a different form than in many other INTPs. The focus on getting the information out is exactly that. It doesn't lead to any particular organization or drive toward one single point, as an NTJ (or possibly NFJ) might argue. It is more of a broad brush or scatterspray that can lead a conversation along a path that is meandering rather than aimed at some specific end goal. Such conversations can be especially interesting because of the unexpected ground they can cover. They can also be a tad frustrating for an NTJ who must keep trying to steer the conversation back to their intended focus.