• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just Let Me (Love) Type (!) You

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] Thanks for the typing. That's an interesting suggestion; the two types I was going back and forth between were ISFJ and INFP btw. So it could line up, because I felt like I had stronger Si than Ne but that my Ne wasn't that low. I've always considered myself an introvert though-lol, I got like 2% extroversion on a test recently. Friends are nice but people drain me, I'm kinda a hermit irl. The gaming is done on Steam too btw, I don't really sit down and game with anyone at home.

Did you have an explanation for enneagram? I know MBTI is your forte, so it's ok if it's not super detailed.

The Gorillaz vids for me, they're all a bit different. Like 5/4, I really like the melancholic tones and how it just get blunt at certain times("She made me kill myself"). I relate to the line, "People always seem to walk through you." too. For Saturnz Barz I like all the creepiness, like when the food was attacking 2D(the blue haired guy) and Noodle(the one with pigtails) was being attacked by a tentacle monster. And for Dirty Harry, I like how they're playing off things as chill cause everyone, even the lizard is dancing, but in reality it's about impeding war. I like the way 2D is dancing too-they're all just fun songs to dance to.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] Appreciate the typing; I wouldn't have considered INFJ at all, so that's honestly something I'd have to mull over a little bit. I definitely think of myself wanting to engage more with the world, and that's why I considered myself an E type (seems to be the opposite of [MENTION=38618]Bismuth Blitz[/MENTION]'s problem lmao). I can see larger amounts of Ni now that you've pointed it out, I guess I just have to be more conscious of my cognitive process. It's also possible my 7-fix (or core type, I vacillate between 3w4 and 7w6 for my core type) just gives me some stereotypical ENxP behavioral traits.

My music taste is pretty eclectic, but I generally like the artistic impressions or feelings I get from songs. "Skoljka" definitely hits the mark for me in what you asked (lot of artistic impressions and cultural influx). How I got into Balkan pop is a long story, but Dino Merlin is normally a little bit more subdued and poetic. He's probably more of an ENFJ, I think.

parkalop

[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] Thanks for the typing, yeah I find it interesting that you typed me an Ne dom, I guess most of my shenanigans does ram through the line of absurdity beyond what most people tolerate... which isn't very many people. Oddly enough most of I was considering ISTP for a while for some inexplicable reason, probably because I've been suffering from a pretty awful writers block and brain fog. If you do have time can you explain Ti dom over Ne dom?

skimpit

[MENTION=38618]Bismuth Blitz[/MENTION]: As for Enneagram, I just went by instinct. Over time, I hope to develop the vocabulary to discuss why I feel a certain way in regards to that system.
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION]: I don't have much on you (in the form of posts or other kinds of data), but I have seen you around since the very start of my time here at TypoC. That profile pic looks like INTJ humor to me. And that's the overall vibe I get from you.
[MENTION=40143]ReclusiveClanker[/MENTION]: The thing I noted most in your post was Fe and Ti. So you were right in your own assessment, or your personal evaluation of your personality. I say dom Ne because you seem to focus on the theoretical and what "could be." A famous ISTP director, George Lucas, wrote stories about fantastical things, but they were all in the realm of the practical. I imagine you would write or create works more in the realm of your creative, active imagination than simply writing a Hero's Journey. There's a bit more that I observed, but that's the general of it.
[MENTION=24057]draon9[/MENTION]: I've had a couple discussions on your type with other members besides you. I'm of the mind you're INTP, or at least an Ne and Si valuing type, likely intuitive. What makes you say ENFJ? I won't argue, I'm just super curious why you'd pick that one. It's a unique one to pick.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION]: I don't have much on you (in the form of posts or other kinds of data), but I have seen you around since the very start of my time here at TypoC. That profile pic looks like INTJ humor to me. And that's the overall vibe I get from you

First time I've been typed as INTJ. Interesting to think about --thanks for your time.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First time I've been typed as INTJ. Interesting to think about --thanks for your time.

Only in a world where Stig is INTJ will I agree to an ENTJ typing.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
[MENTION=38618]Bismuth Blitz[/MENTION]: As for Enneagram, I just went by instinct. Over time, I hope to develop the vocabulary to discuss why I feel a certain way in regards to that system.

[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION]: I don't have much on you (in the form of posts or other kinds of data), but I have seen you around since the very start of my time here at TypoC. That profile pic looks like INTJ humor to me. And that's the overall vibe I get from you.

[MENTION=40143]ReclusiveClanker[/MENTION]: The thing I noted most in your post was Fe and Ti. So you were right in your own assessment, or your personal evaluation of your personality. I say dom Ne because you seem to focus on the theoretical and what "could be." A famous ISTP director, George Lucas, wrote stories about fantastical things, but they were all in the realm of the practical. I imagine you would write or create works more in the realm of your creative, active imagination than simply writing a Hero's Journey. There's a bit more that I observed, but that's the general of it.

[MENTION=24057]draon9[/MENTION]: I've had a couple discussions on your type with other members besides you. I'm of the mind you're INTP, or at least an Ne and Si valuing type, likely intuitive. What makes you say ENFJ? I won't argue, I'm just super curious why you'd pick that one. It's a unique one to pick.

I think im enfj because of my ability to grab people's attention verbally and tell stories and can tell the atmosphere very well and be filled with enthusiasm. I think i use ni aux because i can predict information i connect all the thoughts together and can tell if something wrong in my gut without any logic or i feel like it is not a good idea

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION]: INFP.

In the first paragraph, you seem to be describing Fi/Si/Te. In the second, Ne/Si.

In the first paragraph, you seem to be describing dom Fi, inf Te problems. In the second, the spaciness of an aux Ne.

Sounds like a description of Fi/Te.

Valuing control is Ne/Te. Merging with goals is Fi/Te. If you like possibility, that's the Fi/Ne.
I listened to the Eliza Rickman piece, and I noticed it was very conceptual in lyrics, theme, and production. She might be an INTP. That makes me think you could be an INFP yourself.
295 on Enneagram.
Interesting, it's been awhile since I've been typed as an INFP (Your reasoning is also pretty interesting, though I'm not sure we use the same definitions of the functions). Since I wrote the q, I've retyped as ISFJ, though I wouldn't consider INFP an impossible alternative.

Out of curiosity, for the enneagram tritype (since it's fairly close to what I type as now), did you mean 295 as in 2 core or just 295 as a general tritype. If you suggested 2 core, I was curious as to what struck you as 2-esque...

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@/Earl Grey: INTJ. I don't say that because Ciel is your photo lmao
You have a certain way of talking that is Te/Fi. I can't explain why, but I filled in the blanks and put Ni/Se in there due to how centered, calm, and chill you seemed. But that's just vibes. Vibe check! (Ugh)

By way of talking- by this, do you mean the topic, how I speak (type, rather), or what kind of conclusions come up on my posts? When narrowed down that way, can you tell what you might be noticing that is coming up as Te/Fi?

There are many calm, chill, centered Ne/Si folk here, I can name a few. What about it was specifically Ni/Se over Ne/Si?

skimpit

[MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION]: I went by instinct. I haven't digested nearly as much Enneagram literature as I have MBTI, so I just went with what I do know and mixed it using my own 'special' formula. I have read about the Enneagram, but definitely not as much as the MBTI. People have passed books along to me and I've gone over them and I've given myself brief overviews, but I'd say I only have maybe a year of that type of experience under my belt whereas with MBTI I've been studying it for about 10 years, on and off.

[MENTION=35920]Earl Grey[/MENTION]: I didn't mean to say that Ne/Si valuing people aren't calm. Their energy is just directed differently. Ne as a function spreads out only to narrow back in with the help of the first or auxiliary functions. Ni picks possible paths based on one defined path that it's honed in on through analysis, in the same way as Ne [with the aux or first functions]. Ni is just more focused in its approach. That's why you get descriptions of INXJs being the ones planning out for years because they know where the future will lead, so they can just pick the best way to go through the forest. It was that type of calm [that comes from knowing where one is going without wavering a bit] that made me think Ni/Se. Okay?

Te/Fi always comes across to me as objectivity, because that function pair is blunt, with an emotional edge.

I hope no one's offended by my analyses. I genuinely try to make them as objective as possible and high quality.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Earl Grey: I didn't mean to say that Ne/Si valuing people aren't calm. Their energy is just directed differently. Ne as a function spreads out only to narrow back in with the help of the first or auxiliary functions. Ni picks possible paths based on one defined path that it's honed in on through analysis, in the same way as Ne [with the aux or first functions]. Ni is just more focused in its approach. That's why you get descriptions of INXJs being the ones planning out for years because they know where the future will lead, so they can just pick the best way to go through the forest. It was that type of calm [that comes from knowing where one is going without wavering a bit] that made me think Ni/Se. Okay?

Te/Fi always comes across to me as objectivity, because that function pair is blunt, with an emotional edge.

I hope no one's offended by my analyses. I genuinely try to make them as objective as possible and high quality.

No offense was taken, just curiosity. I can sound critical in a biting way, but the questioning is curiosity-based. Everyone starts somewhere, and back and forths can help hone your typing knowledge/skills to see how you come to conclusions, and if they are thorough enough. And yes, you've answered my question.

skimpit

No offense was taken, just curiosity. I can sound critical in a biting way, but the questioning is curiosity-based. Everyone starts somewhere, and back and forths can help hone your typing knowledge/skills to see how you come to conclusions, and if they are thorough enough. And yes, you've answered my question.
Did I do well, in your opinion?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did I do well, in your opinion?

Depends on what kind of yardstick you're measuring up against. There are many components to typing someone or understanding the theory to anything, in this instance, typology. Instead, I will pick out what I observe you do well.

Reading through the thread, you reference patterns of behaviours and apply many specifics of the theories that you've learned; but you did mention they are simply guesses. Guesses are just that- guesses. There is a lot of gathering and retaining theory behind the scenes- many of your explanations go back to basic MBTI theory. While you link them to a mainframe of theory (personalized or not), I have not seen you delve deeper into the individual's specific cognitive details behind them. In short, you make decent observations, but simplistic conclusions. If a mastery of theory is your goal, you are doing well.

You are doing this out of some form of interest- don't let that dampen your enthusiasm.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only in a world where Stig is INTJ will I agree to an ENTJ typing.

It's like a Black Mirror episode...*envisions my alternate reality self as a Thanos of sorts, wielding the Ni/Te infinity gauntlet*

AceHop

Thanks for the typing, I've considered INFP, but I usually compare myself to other members of that type, I can somewhat relate to introversion and other things. I meet INFPs and while I like them, there are times where I don't understand/can't relate to their thought process, it could be because I'm a male or a different subtype, but I was talking to a girl who's boyfriend was focused on self improvement and wanted to change her, I can see myself doing what he did If I thought it'd be beneficial, I also would consider others efforts to change if it meant I could reach my goals or what I wanted. Tritype is quite close I consistently get 1 and 5 in it, usually 3 too.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so

Why would you type me as intp or ne si user of some sort

skimpit

I think im enfj because of my ability to grab people's attention verbally and tell stories and can tell the atmosphere very well and be filled with enthusiasm. I think i use ni aux because i can predict information i connect all the thoughts together and can tell if something wrong in my gut without any logic or i feel like it is not a good idea
I say Ne and Si because those are the vibes I get from you, not seeing you around the forum much other than the Fluff Zone sub. You seem to have this playfulness in regards to making new ideas and jumping through rabbit-holes that I'd associate with Ne/Si, and Ti as a dominant function because you can be quite dry in your communication. Someone with high Fe is much more inclined to sugarcoat to get their point across, when they try to get it across. If you have dom Fe or aux Fe, you're probably a bit shy about communicating your actual feelings about something as opposed to just affirming what the group feels, and especially as a first or second function, it makes you quite sensitive and shy in general, even if you're an extrovert. That's why FJs and FPs are known as criers. INTPs can cry, but they're shy in a different way. They don't know how to handle their emotions because while they care for people, they don't want to disappoint them, and being blunt might have done it. They try to "solve" their emotions while FJs are naturals at just letting the emotions flow from person to person, because if those people are caring, they'll share the FJ's emotions, and the FJ will share their emotions, creating one big Fe fest. With TPs, they just want everyone to feel fine. They care about the emotions of other people, but they might not have tact.

I agree you're definitely intuitive. ENFJs can go by gut instinct, but so can INTPs. In my argument, I'd try to convince you that telling captivating stories is an Ne/Si thing. What's your take on that here?

Tactlessness is a bit what I've observed in you. You're not mean. You just like to debate about topics that you find interesting.

Feel free to disagree, though. I'll be here to back up my case, the more evidence I get. :wubbie:

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I say Ne and Si because those are the vibes I get from you, not seeing you around the forum much other than the Fluff Zone sub. You seem to have this playfulness in regards to making new ideas and jumping through rabbit-holes that I'd associate with Ne/Si, and Ti as a dominant function because you can be quite dry in your communication. Someone with high Fe is much more inclined to sugarcoat to get their point across, when they try to get it across. If you have dom Fe or aux Fe, you're probably a bit shy about communicating your actual feelings about something as opposed to just affirming what the group feels, and especially as a first or second function, it makes you quite sensitive and shy in general, even if you're an extrovert. That's why FJs and FPs are known as criers. INTPs can cry, but they're shy in a different way. They don't know how to handle their emotions because while they care for people, they don't want to disappoint them, and being blunt might have done it. They try to "solve" their emotions while FJs are naturals at just letting the emotions flow from person to person, because if those people are caring, they'll share the FJ's emotions, and the FJ will share their emotions, creating one big Fe fest. With TPs, they just want everyone to feel fine. They care about the emotions of other people, but they might not have tact.

I agree you're definitely intuitive. ENFJs can go by gut instinct, but so can INTPs. In my argument, I'd try to convince you that telling captivating stories in an Ne/Si thing. What's your take on that here?

Tactlessness is a bit what I've observed in you. You're not mean. You just like to debate about topics that you find interesting.

Feel free to disagree, though. I'll be here to back up my case, the more evidence I get. :wubbie:

I thought telling captivating stories is an fe thing. Cause youre grabbing their attention and getting them interested and excited to read. I notice i can grab peoples attention and have a long conversation cause I talk too much and one person notice i can get into it too much. It took me a couple yrs to really understand the 8 cognitive functions and if you read my si vs se function topic,I typed it in a way where you would understand the differences between si and se. Here's the link https://www.typologycentral.com/for...ions/102361-si-vs-se.html?102361=#post3150150 it may be a little too blunt