• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just Let Me (Love) Type (!) You

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20474]OptoGypsy[/MENTION]: I still think ENFP. I could see some arguments for Ni but I think a lot of people misunderstand Ni on this forum. No offense to them, they just haven't studied up enough on it yet to be able to advise in depth.

Let me see if I can do it.

Ne - "towards what oasis," "palm trees," "water that can only fill their quench"
Fi - the part about brave prophets and their endless thirst
Te - "simple people of simplicity seeking hope in that which is outside of themselves"
Si - all traditional imagery such as that relating to religion

All of this interplays to create a 4D screenplay with vivid imagery. In my mind, it utilizes the four functions of the ENFP.

There are a lot of metaphors here and throughout the piece. The piece even ends on a metaphor describing the bigger picture so heck, that really leads me to suspect dom Ne. If you were an ISFP you'd be more into creating one symbolic image about nature or man's condition, but here you're going into the why of man as it stands. It's deeply personal and a little wonky, which is Ne/Si.

I know you say you like to play around, so this is just me going, "well, shit, he wrote an essay about Jezebel. How am I supposed to compete with that?" But it's funny nonetheless. I enjoyed reading it. I just cut it short because I didn't know how much--if anything--you'd get out of it. But I hope you enjoy it.

Quentin Tarantino I believe is an INFP. His movies are quite artsy and rely on a lot of flowing symbolism.

I'm definitely wonky lol. I think she thinks I am an ISFP because of my style and my artistic sensibilities, with that being said I am more grounded in real life than I am in writing, also all the metaphors and symbolisms are moving forward towards a single concept, what is internal happiness... but yeah I can see it being ENFP.

skimpit

I'm definitely wonky lol. I think she thinks I am an ISFP because of my style and my artistic sensibilities, with that being said I am more grounded in real life than I am in writing, also all the metaphors and symbolisms are moving forward towards a single concept, what is internal happiness...
I'd say that's Fi/Te more than anything else... but let's see. What else would you be willing to give me?

Fi/Te is about internal harmony, meaning internal consonance. Both the ISFP and ENFP have Te and Fi, so we're getting closer.

If you had Ni... you'd be working toward something abstract but still practical and grander in scale. Like, an ENTJ might be working toward revolutionizing iPhones because he sees how it could better humanity. But he won't do it unless he has a personal connection to it. So, he uses Te to execute his wishes. His wish is a new era of phones and he wants to do it on his own terms (Ni), but he wants to do it because his dad was Steve Jobs (Fi). And he'll use Se to gauge the market for changes that could harm his achievements.

ENFPs use Si to fortify their Fi beliefs. For example, an ENFP might be vegetarian. They might think it's new and novel (Ne). And they really hate (Fi) how animals get treated because they saw their dog get killed at 4 (Si). So they try to push for change and get everyone to be vegetarian (Te).

ISFPs center on their Fi. Ni guides their Fi. Fi tells them what to be passionate about, but Ni tells them what to believe in. Se helps them center their beliefs and execute (Te) their life's creed through Ni.

See? They're all quite different.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say that's Fi/Te more than anything else... but let's see. What else would you be willing to give me?

Fi/Te is about internal harmony, meaning internal consonance. Both the ISFP and ENFP have Te and Fi, so we're getting closer.

If you had Ni... you'd be working toward something abstract but still practical and grander in scale. Like, an ENTJ might be working toward revolutionizing iPhones because he sees how it could better humanity. But he won't do it unless he has a personal connection to it. So, he uses Te to execute his wishes. His wish is a new era of phones and he wants to do it on his own terms (Ni), but he wants to do it because his dad was Bill Gates (Fi). And he'll use Se to gauge the market for changes that could harm his achievements.

ENFPs use Si to fortify their Fi beliefs. For example, an ENFP might be vegetarian. They might think it's new and novel. And they really hate (Fi) how animals get treated because they saw their dog get killed at 4 (Si). So they try to push for change and get everyone to be vegetarian (Te).

ISFPs center on their Fi. Ni guides their Fi. Fi tells them what to be passionate about, but Ni tells them what to believe in. Se helps them center their beliefs and execute (Te) their life's creed through Ni.

See? They're all quite different.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Well I am not interested in things by my past, I have a friend like this, and she confuses me yet makes me feel stronger to the point that I fear that I may be depending on her for inner strength, I think she is an ENFP. I wrote an entire book and autobiography on the idea of human nature, the spirit of human nature, a rebellious clever species, I think we are all internally into the ironic, the parody, the troll, we all have an internal troll. I prefer writing about and using nature to understand life, nature being a rich source of symbolism. The only thing I am truly interested in outside of social relationships, clothes art and work is my faith.

skimpit

Well I am not interested in things by my past, I have a friend like this, and she confuses me yet makes me feel stronger to the point that I fear that I may be depending on her for inner strength, I think she is an ENFP. I wrote an entire book and autobiography on the idea of human nature, the spirit of human nature, a rebellious clever species, I think we are all internally into the ironic, the parody, the troll, we all have an internal troll. I prefer writing about and using nature to understand life, nature being a rich source of symbolism. The only thing I am truly interested in outside of social relationships, clothes art and work is my faith.
I'm ready to debate politely with you because that's what I'm into, but I won't go into it if you wish not to... haha~

Let's see. I thinking working with archetypes like that is something the more intuitive types would be into because they like to explore things in depth.

How do you view nature? Is it an abstract concept for which you serve as a bard? Or is it something to appreciate aesthetically?

I think I read somewhere that ISFPs are some of the most introverted of the types... so if you highly value social relationships and socializing in general, that's a point for ENFP in my view.

Please continue elaborating. I find this all very interesting.

By the way, one question: which type would you rather be? Which do you see yourself as?

Would you agree with my typing that I have listed at the moment? Feel free to comment on mbti or enneagram or any other system you'd like.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm ready to debate politely with you because that's what I'm into, but I won't go into it if you wish not to... haha~ Let's see. I thinking working with archetypes like that is something the more intuitive types would be into because they like to explore things in depth. How do you view nature? Is it an abstract concept for which you serve as a bard? Or is it something to appreciate aesthetically? I think I read somewhere that ISFPs are some of the most introverted of the types... so if you highly value social relationships and socializing in general, that's a point for ENFP in my view. Please continue elaborating. I find this all very interesting. By the way, one question: which type would you rather be? Which do you see yourself as?
I view nature aesthetically. Through aesthetic and being in the moment we can explain abstract concepts. I wish I was more talkative, I'm usually withdrawn and prefer listening over to talking unless I'm trying to teach. If I could be any type it would be intj.

skimpit

I view nature aesthetically. Through aesthetic and being in the moment we can explain abstract concepts. I wish I was more talkative, I'm usually withdrawn and prefer listening over to talking unless I'm trying to teach. If I could be any type it would be intj.
The three types I have in mind for you are:
... ENFP
... INFJ
... INFP
in that order.

INTJs are pretty cool. If you're an ISFP, you have the same functions and functional strength as an INTJ, just in different positions.

skimpit

Would you agree with my typing that I have listed at the moment? Feel free to comment on mbti or enneagram or any other system you'd like.
I agree with ESTP. I was wondering why you had Ne so high, but in a sense, it makes sense.

Do you feel you're more ENTP? Which of the two do you find yourself gravitating toward most often?

I have a way of interpreting tests that's different from the usual, and so I take them differently. Maybe if I explained it, you'd be willing to take a crack at a different functions test? It might help with validity; but who knows, really?

Do you relate to ESTP at all?

What type do you feel fits you out of all 16?

Feel free to give me data points to analyze.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The three types I have in mind for you are: ... ENFP ... INFJ ... INFP in that order. INTJs are pretty cool. If you're an ISFP, you have the same functions and functional strength as an INTJ, just in different positions.
My best friends are intj and we find each other relatable.

I agree with ESTP. I was wondering why you had Ne so high, but in a sense, it makes sense.

Do you feel you're more ENTP? Which of the two do you find yourself gravitating toward most often?

I have a way of interpreting tests that's different from the usual, and so I take them differently. Maybe if I explained it, you'd be willing to take a crack at a different functions test? It might help with validity; but who knows, really?

Do you relate to ESTP at all?

What type do you feel fits you out of all 16?

Feel free to give me data points to analyze.

I think ESTP fits me really well most of the time. I love aesthetics, decorating, sports, hands-on activities, being on the go most of the time, & can be a risk taker. All of which I associate with Se.

I think my high Ne maybe comes from imitating, in a sense, other people that I know that are high Ne users. I've known quite a few ENFPs, & I think I've picked up some of their humor/randomness. Also, I really like watch some ENTPs on tv & find their thought processes super interesting. I think my administration of them has made me take on some of their traits, maybe?

I also just know a lot of NF & NT types in real life, so I probably can tap into my intuition better than most ESxP types can.

I relate a lot to Ni inferior, though. I'll envision where I see myself in a job or something of the sort in the future, & when life throws a curve ball & throws me off that course, I'll end up panicking over only being able to see a bleak, depressing, doom filled future.

Even with all the sensing activities I like, there's still things that make me wonder if I'm an intuitive. For example, when I was younger I used to wonder things like what if we're living in the matrix? What if life up until now has all been a dream? What if I'm just a figment of someone else's imagination?

I'm also into energy type of things, astrology, etc. But I guess any type can have any interest, right?

Honestly, I guess I just like a little bit of everything. I'm like sporty, nerdy, & whatever else all in one. Lol

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Even with all the sensing activities I like, there's still things that make me wonder if I'm an intuitive. For example, when I was younger I used to wonder things like what if we're living in the matrix? What if life up until now has all been a dream? What if I'm just a figment of someone else's imagination?

I'm curious - at what age did you think these things and was it prompted by actually watching The Matrix?

I'm curious - at what age did you think these things and was it prompted by actually watching The Matrix?

I can't remember exactly. I'm 25 right now, but I think I was a teenager at the time. Somewhere between 16-19 I'd surmise. I did think more on it after watching the movie. I think I had fleeting thoughts about life being a dream even younger than that though. It's hard for me to remember, because I don't focus much on the past or remember past things in much detail like what age I was with different things.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I can't remember exactly. I'm 25 right now, but I think I was a teenager at the time. Somewhere between 16-19 I'd surmise. I did think more on it after watching the movie. I think I had fleeting thoughts about life being a dream even younger than that though. It's hard for me to remember, because I don't focus much on the past or remember past things in much detail like what age I was with different things.

I just remember that when I was in high school I would have similar thoughts about if anything was real. I think it's connected to watching The Matrix, though I don't know to what degree.

I got into other philosophical questions too like about free will and morality.

I just remember that when I was in high school I would have similar thoughts about if anything was real. I think it's connected to watching The Matrix, though I don't know to what degree.

I got into other philosophical questions too like about free will and morality.

I often like to ask people if they believe in free will or fate/destiny. It's always interesting to hear people's thoughts on it.

skimpit

By "dream," you mean a simulation, right?

What sort of thoughts did you have about this kind of "dream"? How in-depth did they go, and where in your mind did they take you? Was it like visiting an alternate plane and discovering a new sudden insight, or hopping from idea to idea and reaching a conclusion with handfuls and heapings of novelty, this thereby exciting you?

Ni is more about fission; Ne is fusion. Let's see.

This might be an odd question, but is your mom an ENTP mayhaps? What type do you guess for her currently?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I often like to ask people if they believe in free will or fate/destiny. It's always interesting to hear people's thoughts on it.

I believe in both free will and destiny. Obviously with free will there are still things that can be predicted. Destiny doesn't always come to be, because it depends on the choices people make.

--
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] you skipped me in the typings!

skimpit

I believe in both free will and destiny. Obviously with free will there are still things that can be predicted. Destiny doesn't always come to be, because it depends on the choices people make.

... you skipped me in the typings!
It must be fate! OMG.

I'm so sorry.

Let's see.

I'm going to go with ISTJ. Those quoted phrases above speak to my inferior Ne sensor. You're probably like, "ew, blek, not a sensing type! Noes!" and I get that. But don't let your bias get in the way. I say ISTJ because you're very systematic and use the same approach with nearly everything ad nauseam, even if people disagree. Let's have a friendly debate.
I notice my Si more than my Ni, but I assume that's because Si is easier to notice because it is more concrete. It also has a habit of noticing things.
What other reason is there for noticing other than the function doing this noticing being Si? And probably in a dominant position.
You're very theoretical in nature in a way that I really don't see from sensing types in general.
I say this is Te/Ne. You have specialized with Si/Fi and now Ne is running wild with ideas to improve your system, but Te is having a hard time doing its job due to lack of Ti.
I get general reads of people vibing like Ni doms, and part of the reason is "they vibe like me".
"Like you"? Do you mean they're similar to you and therefore easier to understand? Or do you mean they're different but you wish you were like them?
Can you explain your typing model in five sentences? It will help me determine your type.
Most - Pride, because I've searched too far and wide in places where, not only was there no truth to be found, but it was my wickedness that supposed that there was.
Least - Envy, because I am my own person and don't need what another has.
These are both Te. The first one Te/Fi, the second one Te/Ne.
Males: generally people with similarities to myself.

Females: generally fun-loving, emotional (for lack of better terms) types.
What kind of similarities? Why similarities? Why not something different? This makes me think Si/Fi.

And... are you a man? If so, it would make sense that the emotionally-associated SFs are the ones you prefer. Just due to stereotypes and hard-to-break-down Si dominant conceptions in those types' minds.
I generally spend time with people who first initiated contact with me. So it'd be the same I suppose.
Introverted, but also ISTJ to me because ISTJs keep to themselves and their interests unless specifically asked. It's just their thing.
Arrogance, cruelty. Closed-mindedness. Domineering-ness. Manipulation.
Dislike of arrogance is Te. Si/Fi with the dislike of cruelty and domineering behavior. A dislike of close-mindedness is Si/Ne.
I am an indignant person oftentimes - angry at wrongdoing.
Si/Fi
I experience a lot of shame. I often feel that I've done the wrong thing even when I haven't.
Te/Ne

As for Enneagram, if you're into that -- 3w4 7w8 6w5. I'm not as good at that as I am MBTI coding, though atm :mad:

I'd be curious to see what you think of what I've done, and why you think INFJ for your own MBTI code.

By "dream," you mean a simulation, right?

What sort of thoughts did you have about this kind of "dream"? How in-depth did they go, and where in your mind did they take you? Was it like visiting an alternate plane and discovering a new sudden insight, or hopping from idea to idea and reaching a conclusion with handfuls and heapings of novelty, this thereby exciting you?

Ni is more about fission; Ne is fusion. Let's see.

This might be an odd question, but is your mom an ENTP mayhaps? What type do you guess for her currently?

It was just pretty much what if I've been asleep for who knows how long & a big portion of what I think is my life has really just been me actually dreaming/sleeping, & I wake up & I'm still a lot younger than I think I am. It was something to that effect.

It was like a one time fleeting thought that seemed to come to my mind out of nowhere. However, when I started reading some philosophy stuff in my late teens/early 20s, it came back to my mind. I once googled it up to see if anyone else had ever had a similar thought.

My mom recently tested as an ISFJ, but I think she tested as an ISTJ when I had her take the test maybe like 5 years ago. I forget what my dad had tested as, but I think INTJ would be fitting for him. I think my older brother's probably an INTJ too.

However, I grew up with & am still staying with my grandparents. My grandpa has tested as an ISFJ 1w2, which I think fits him. My grandma I'd guess is an ESTJ & an enneagram type 8. I've spent pretty much my whole life around my ENFP (more on the ambiverted side) type 9 uncle too, because he's always helping my grandparents & spending time with us. Him & I have a good friendship.

I don't particularly think my personality is a lot like anyone in my family. My grandpa thinks I act similar to my uncle sometimes (mainly in my humor). However, I don't personally think so. We can feed off each other well, but he sulks in his feelings way more than I do. I have a hard time even identifying my own feelings. He is way more unaware of his surroundings than I am too, & it gets frustrating sometimes when I go shopping with him. I constantly have to keep him from running into things or tell him that he's in someone's way. He has a hard time keeping up with my analysis on things at times, too.

Besides my uncle, I'm the least focused on routine, sticking with the status quo, etc. Although, funny enough I keep my things a lot more neat than he does.

Sometimes I wonder if I could even be an ENFJ. I just feel like I'm way more freedom loving than my ENFJ friend that I know, but that could come from us having different enneatypes. Although I constantly seek new exciting things to do, I'm way less messy than most of the Perceivers I've met. It's like I'm neat compared to the ×NFPs I know, but somewhat messy compared to the SJs I know. Lol It could make sense, because I think I use Se & Fe a lot too!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
awbro said:
As for Enneagram, if you're into that -- 3w4 7w8 6w5. I'm not as good at that as I am MBTI coding, though atm

I'll address the MBTI typing a bit later, but I wanna say that is the strangest enneagram typing I've ever had (apart from the 6w5).

I generally assume I'm 4w5, 9w1, 6w5, and 3, 7, and 8 tend to be the lowest scores (sometimes 3 is more in the middle).

--

Does INFP work for my MBTI typing as opposed to ISTJ?

skimpit

I'll address the MBTI typing a bit later, but I wanna say that is the strangest enneagram typing I've ever had (apart from the 6w5).

I generally assume I'm 4w5, 9w1, 6w5, and 3, 7, and 8 tend to be the lowest scores (sometimes 3 is more in the middle).

--

Does INFP work for my MBTI typing as opposed to ISTJ?
I have the enneatypes in the wrong order but I think the logic I had in place when thinking of them still stands.

As always, I'd like you to defend your position. I'm interested in why you think like you do. (For fun and discussion, not yelling and screaming lmao...)

INFP could work... It has the same functions as an ISTJ. I'll always classify you as ISTJ no matter what you type as, but I definitely support any decision you make in re-doing your profile or re-branding your name. I won't judge you nor argue with you on that point.