• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me! (MBTI)

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
#1 - Of the 7 deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least, and why?
Most: Wrath. This one is pretty straightforward, I struggle with anger and have been known to lash out, verbally and physically. I don’t hit people, but I have, while alone, thrown things and whatnot. I have gotten better at this, and it happens less.
Least: Envy. I believe everyone is in charge of their destiny, and needs to make their own path. I wouldn’t desire someone else’s.

#2 - What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Actions, 100%, without a doubt. People love to talk and talk but never actually do anything about it. It’s one of my biggest annoyances in others.

#3 - Describe your relationship with the past, present, and future.
∙ Past: I don’t place much value in it. I strongly believe that, in 95% of cases, the past needs to stay in the past. To quote Arthur Morgan, “We can’t change what’s done. We can only move on.” This is one of my core traits.

The only time I think I value the past is when it comes to physical things. For example, I like old globes, maps, etc.
∙ Present: I wouldn’t say I value it most of all, but I think it is very important. When it comes to making plans or decisions, I prefer to analyze the current situation to guide me,

∙ Future: I tend to think about my potential actions, and visualize how they will impact other things, like a domino effect. I like to have a plan of what I’m going to do, when it comes to the long term. But, I think you have to be mindful, and not get so caught up in a vision of the future, that you end up getting tripped up on the present.

#4 - Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are your preferences and tendencies?
When it comes to day-to-day life, I just go with it. I’m not the type to have a schedule, like “at 10 am I’ll go to the store”.
But, when it comes to things that happen once in a while, for example, taking a trip; I must plan. In those cases, I think if you don’t plan at all, you’re asking for something to go wrong.
I don’t really like surprises that much. It makes me kind of anxious because I prefer to visualize what will happen in a situation, so I’m more prepared for it.

#5 - What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, etc
These are things that I hope never apply to me:
∙ Talking about something and acting as if they are dedicated to what they’re saying. Then, when someone even slightly challenges them, they back away in fear. It becomes clear that they never actually believed what they claimed.
∙ Phoniness
∙ Allowing people to push them around, or control their actions
∙ Not thinking for themselves
∙ Focusing so much on how things “should be”, or how things were done in the past, that they don’t even have their own opinions or desires
∙ Not thinking logically, lacking common sense and awareness

#6 - Define justice.
Fairness, an eye for an eye.

#7 - What is your favorite color? Favorite suit of cards? What symbols and ideas are you drawn toward? Why do you think you're drawn to these?
Color: black and red
Suit of cards: spades
I enjoy tarot cards. Not necessarily for their typical uses, but for the symbolism, patterns, etc.
My favorite card is Justice, followed by the Chariot and Two of Swords. I like their meaning, as well as the patterns when it comes to colors, objects, etc.
I don’t really know why.

#8 - When someone comes to you with a problem or struggle they're having, how do you react? Do you typically try to comfort them, or provide them with advice?
Advice, hands down.
Also, in these situations, I’m not one to immediately give you sympathy just because you’re upset. All too often, someone is upset about something that is entirely their fault, but they go to others for sympathy. I only give sympathy once I listen to you fully.

#9 - What do you like about yourself?
I like that I will defend people faced with injustice. I will not allow it to happen around me.
I’m not afraid to abandon a friendship if I see them being racist, sexist, discriminatory in any way. I’ve done it before and I will do it again without a thought. I have caused scenes over this, and I’ll do it again.
People shouldn’t be judged for these things, they should be judged for their actions. If you are a terrible person, then you are. There’s nothing more to it, it isn’t about religion, or race, etc.

In a similar vein, I will defend people who are involved in any type of power imbalance. I don’t like that.
I want to be free to live my life, make my path, without anyone controlling me. I also want everyone else to have that freedom too. I like that about myself, as well.

#10 - What do you dislike about yourself?
I’ve had problems with anger and lashing out at people. Typically, this is in response to my feeling controlled.
I’ve also been known to get annoyed when someone frequently has emotional expressions, you know, crying. It makes me uncomfortable. I’m not comfortable showing my emotions to people, it makes me feel weak and vulnerable.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow! I've never ever heard or considered that before. Don't think I mean that in a bad way, I think it's very interesting.

I'm very much an introvert. Was ESFP just a vibe, or did you notice usage of Se-Ni (or Fi-Te)? I understand the functions very well, but when it comes to applying them to myself, it's hard for me evaluate it.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I second on the Se dom.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it just a feeling, or do you see things that indicate me using it? Also, do you have any ideas on Fi-Te or Ti-Fe?

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I second on the Se dom.

Is it just a feeling, or do you see things that indicate me using it? Also, do you have any ideas on Fi-Te or Ti-Fe?

Please ignore my other comments lmao. I'm new to this website, clearly. Now I feel like I'm 80.

You said you consider yourself more of an introvert so:
I > E

Liking action, physical things, items. You seem straight forward & not scattered. Didn't mention liking theories, brainstorming, zoning out, daydreaming, fantasizing so:
S > N

Mentioned analyzing & seem to like logic over feelings & get an understanding of things first so:
T > F

You can plan, but I get a feeling that planning & organizing isn't something you regularly need to do or your first go to method for living your day to day life so:
P > J

You seem Se over Si, & you don't relate things back to past experiences usually. Also, you talking about envisioning a future but not getting too caught up in it makes me think ni user, but that it's not one of your top 2 functions. It's more in the background of your personality, so to speak.

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
#9 - What do you like about yourself?
I like that I will defend people faced with injustice. I will not allow it to happen around me.
I’m not afraid to abandon a friendship if I see them being racist, sexist, discriminatory in any way. I’ve done it before and I will do it again without a thought. I have caused scenes over this, and I’ll do it again.
People shouldn’t be judged for these things, they should be judged for their actions. If you are a terrible person, then you are. There’s nothing more to it, it isn’t about religion, or race, etc.

In a similar vein, I will defend people who are involved in any type of power imbalance. I don’t like that.
I want to be free to live my life, make my path, without anyone controlling me. I also want everyone else to have that freedom too. I like that about myself, as well.

I see a lot of Fi in your responses, but especially in this one. It seems like you have strong opinions/morals and don't back down from them very easily.

You also really seem to live in the moment and focus on the sensory details of life, so I agree that Se seems pretty high for you.

My guess would be ISFP. Your anger may not seem to fit with that type, but pairing that with being a type 8 makes a lot of sense to me. Reminds me a bit of Harry Potter, except he's probably a 6. Still, same strong moral code, stubbornness, lives in the moment, and fights for the "right thing."

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you considered ISTP?

Yes, I have. My boyfriend thinks I'm one. He knows what he's talking about, by the way lol.
I've been very interested in MBTI for years, my understanding of the functions is fine. I can identify them in others rather easily, generally.
But when it comes to myself, it's hard for me to apply anything to myself, if that makes sense.

The one part I'm struggling to see in myself most is Fe use. But, considering its inferior placement, it could be very hard to notice or not used much at all. I don't really know how to identify it. I think my lack of understanding of emotions is indicative of it, right?

Yes, I have. My boyfriend thinks I'm one. He knows what he's talking about, by the way lol.
I've been very interested in MBTI for years, my understanding of the functions is fine. I can identify them in others rather easily, generally.
But when it comes to myself, it's hard for me to apply anything to myself, if that makes sense.

The one part I'm struggling to see in myself most is Fe use. But, considering its inferior placement, it could be very hard to notice or not used much at all. I don't really know how to identify it. I think my lack of understanding of emotions is indicative of it, right?

No, I get it. I can type other people I know super easily, but I struggled for years with being able to type myself. I think I was overanalyzing different things about myself way too much. Plus, I'm a lot healthier & comfortable & confident with myself now too. Yes, if it's inferior you probably don't use it much & it's not well developed. Definitely could make sense imo.

skimpit

Most: Wrath. This one is pretty straightforward, I struggle with anger and have been known to lash out, verbally and physically. I don’t hit people, but I have, while alone, thrown things and whatnot. I have gotten better at this, and it happens less.
Least: Envy. I believe everyone is in charge of their destiny, and needs to make their own path. I wouldn’t desire someone else’s.
I associate wrath with ESFPs because they are a different type of passionate lmao. They are sensual, easily excitable, and play their sexualness for entertainment (in a very intelligent, cohesive way). But hit the Fi/Ni and you've got one mad ESFP :cry:
I don't mean to say they're dumb. They're probably one of the smartest of the types.
∙ Past: I don’t place much value in it. I strongly believe that, in 95% of cases, the past needs to stay in the past. To quote Arthur Morgan, “We can’t change what’s done. We can only move on.” This is one of my core traits.

The only time I think I value the past is when it comes to physical things. For example, I like old globes, maps, etc.
∙ Present: I wouldn’t say I value it most of all, but I think it is very important. When it comes to making plans or decisions, I prefer to analyze the current situation to guide me,

∙ Future: I tend to think about my potential actions, and visualize how they will impact other things, like a domino effect. I like to have a plan of what I’m going to do, when it comes to the long term. But, I think you have to be mindful, and not get so caught up in a vision of the future, that you end up getting tripped up on the present.
Inf Ni, Dom Se (just imho)
When it comes to day-to-day life, I just go with it. I’m not the type to have a schedule, like “at 10 am I’ll go to the store”.
But, when it comes to things that happen once in a while, for example, taking a trip; I must plan. In those cases, I think if you don’t plan at all, you’re asking for something to go wrong.
I don’t really like surprises that much. It makes me kind of anxious because I prefer to visualize what will happen in a situation, so I’m more prepared for it.
Inferior Ni, Perceiving type
These are things that I hope never apply to me:
∙ Talking about something and acting as if they are dedicated to what they’re saying. Then, when someone even slightly challenges them, they back away in fear. It becomes clear that they never actually believed what they claimed.
∙ Phoniness
∙ Allowing people to push them around, or control their actions
∙ Not thinking for themselves
∙ Focusing so much on how things “should be”, or how things were done in the past, that they don’t even have their own opinions or desires
∙ Not thinking logically, lacking common sense and awareness
This pretty much screams ESFP in a nutshell to me.
Advice, hands down.
Also, in these situations, I’m not one to immediately give you sympathy just because you’re upset. All too often, someone is upset about something that is entirely their fault, but they go to others for sympathy. I only give sympathy once I listen to you fully.
A feeler thing, but more specifically Se/Te
Te/Ni
Se/Fi
I’ve had problems with anger and lashing out at people. Typically, this is in response to my feeling controlled.
I’ve also been known to get annoyed when someone frequently has emotional expressions, you know, crying. It makes me uncomfortable. I’m not comfortable showing my emotions to people, it makes me feel weak and vulnerable.
Se/Fi in some order.

Hopefully that gave you some insight into how I type people. Don't shoot me! :shrug:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ESFP is quite a reasonable typing.

Presentness and visualising of Se. Distaste for phoniness and injustice of Fi. Planning of Te, symbolism of Ni.

Everything you wrote made sense in terms of ESFP, except that you would be guarded in terms of emotion. I've heard the term "unseelie" used to describe a variant of Fi (as opposed to seelie), so perhaps that is the case here.

If you make more posts, I should be able to get more of a confirmation.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I associate wrath with ESFPs because they are a different type of passionate lmao. They are sensual, easily excitable, and play their sexualness for entertainment (in a very intelligent, cohesive way). But hit the Fi/Ni and you've got one mad ESFP :cry:
I don't mean to say they're dumb. They're probably one of the smartest of the types.

Inf Ni, Dom Se (just imho)

Inferior Ni, Perceiving type

This pretty much screams ESFP in a nutshell to me.

A feeler thing, but more specifically Se/Te

Te/Ni

Se/Fi

Se/Fi in some order.

Hopefully that gave you some insight into how I type people. Don't shoot me! :shrug:

Thank you for giving such an in-depth answer! I really appreciate it. I agree with a lot of your points. The main thing that makes me think otherwise is that I see myself using a lot of Ti.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Thank you for giving such an in-depth answer! I really appreciate it. I agree with a lot of your points. The main thing that makes me think otherwise is that I see myself using a lot of Ti.

What makes you think you use a lot of Ti?

I personally use a model I call multi-type or secondary types, which means that we can use the cognitive structure of all the types, it's just that we tend to stick mainly to one and a few others.

So you could be ESFP with secondary ESTP and INTP or something, and that would explain a high Ti usage. Or it could be that you're misunderstanding Ti, so why do you think you're using it?

skimpit

Yes, what is the reason you think you have high Ti use?

What is your understanding of Ti?

You said you were well-versed in function theory, but in my experience, everyone has slightly varying ways of comprehending the same data; so I'm curious about what you know.

This is not an attack on you.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What makes you think you use a lot of Ti?

I personally use a model I call multi-type or secondary types, which means that we can use the cognitive structure of all the types, it's just that we tend to stick mainly to one and a few others.

So you could be ESFP with secondary ESTP and INTP or something, and that would explain a high Ti usage. Or it could be that you're misunderstanding Ti, so why do you think you're using it?

Here are some examples of my thought process and what not. These aren't things that I do once in a while or under stress, it's almost all the time. These things do line up with Ti from my understanding, but if I am wrong, then please correct me.

I'm someone who has to understand how things work, the little parts of something and how those parts influence each other.

To describe my thoughts more, as an example, I'm gonna explain how I would think and act when something (like an everyday object) stops working.

I have known many people who would react immediately like "Oh god, it isn't working! I have to buy a new one."
I'm not saying that is always an inaccurate thought, sometimes you just do have to buy a new one. But my initial thoughts are way different. I would think "Well why isn't it working? I'm sure I can figure it out."
I said that today actually, and I did figure it out.

So then, I learn as much information as I can about said object, like the various parts and what they do, how they impact the other objects. I try to understand what could have gone wrong, the probability that x caused y to happen, and how I can fix that.
If I reach a decent level of understanding and clarity of it, I'll fix it, or at least try my best.

A few actual examples:

A few months ago, my mom casually mentioned to me that her vacuum broke, and she was gonna get a new one. Let me be clear, she had money to do so, that wasn't a problem, and she doesn't even really use it that much lol so it isn't that important.
But I told her to wait so I could see it. I know nothing about vacuums or any small appliances in any way. I asked her what exactly happened when it broke, and eventually I was able to reach a conclusion of what probably happened through some simple research. I was pretty confident about it, the probability of it being caused by a different problem was pretty low.
I was right, so I fixed it for her. Problem solved!

The same thing with my laptop. It suddenly stopped working, blue screen of death and all. I tried the options on the screen, none worked. The last resort option was to delete everything and reinstall Windows. The installation failed midway. Then I called Microsoft to ask them because I don't know anything about this. They said to try the installation again but if it fails a second time then I'm out of luck. Of course it failed again.

I could have just bought another, I had money and it wasn't brand new or anything. But I wanted to fix it myself. So I researched all the things that can go wrong for my issue to occur. I figured out what I thought was the most likely cause, then I tried to find other methods on how to fix it.
After a few days, I figured it out. I was so so so proud of myself, for being able to have patience with it, understand and reach clarity on the issue, and fix it. I'm still proud! I know literally 0 things about computers or technology in general. I'm so glad I didn't just buy a new one, it feels like an achievement to me when I can use logical thinking to understand things. I don't think anything else truly makes me feel as fulfilled, proud and competent.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I get it. I can type other people I know super easily, but I struggled for years with being able to type myself. I think I was overanalyzing different things about myself way too much. Plus, I'm a lot healthier & comfortable & confident with myself now too. Yes, if it's inferior you probably don't use it much & it's not well developed. Definitely could make sense imo.

I just read a post explaining how inferior Fe can manifest. I truly wasn't expecting to relate to it at all. But wow... I feel like I'm being called out! It really surprised me.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=40759]Glowingconstellation[/MENTION] - I associate that sort of thing with Te. It's definitely a weakness of mine and not something I can do, and I have skills in Ti areas.