• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with my MBTI and Enneagram Types?

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, guys! As a newbie, I'd kind of like a starting point for self-analysis so I can work on understanding and improving myself better. I'd appreciate your input on what my Myers-Briggs and Enneagram type are! Shoutout to [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] for posting these questions.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect? United States, 20s; come from an immigrant family background, and if there are any of you with said background, you know what it's like switching between the two worlds :D Politically, I'm somewhat left-leaning.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

MBTI: Ne-dom (ENFP or ENTP) or ENTJ. I relate to the aspect of Ne which likes to seek out wide varieties of possibilities and options, but I think my process of filtering and organizing data fits more with Te's empiricism.

Enneagram: Unsure

I haven't decided on either as of yet, for I don't want to arrive at a false or inaccurate conclusion based solely on external behaviors and stereotypes without a worldview analysis. I've tried to be as thorough as possible, but if I can answer with any supplemental info, let me know!

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

As my conception of God grows, I don't believe serving God means serving a guy with a long white beard and linen cloak up in the sky. Rather, I view God somewhat pantheistically (in conjunction with my identified faith); I believe all things in this world encapsulate laws both natural and moral, and our purpose is to appreciate and soak up the wonders of the world while trying to do right by our larger world and community. Thus, I believe my own purpose is twofold: 1) To relax and enjoy the world and the present moment as much as possible; 2) To do whatever small part we can to help out our community and empower people with the tools and resources to better their lot in life.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Though guilty of all to a certain extent, I relate the most to gluttony. With gluttony, my main crime is I love to eat, and while I only perceive that I'd be harming myself, I often fail to consider the broader consequences to consuming too much food on larger society and the environment. This can translate into the overconsumption of frivolous things which might distract me from being productive or efficient (e.g. too much Netflix, too much time going out, etc.)

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I'm drawn to humble, self-deprecating, grounded people. I don't consider myself a boastful or proud person, but I'll admit I like being recognized for my work every now and then, which of course, is an ideal. These types of people tend to bring out the best in me and encourage me to work for the good of something larger than myself. If it weren't for this attitude, I wouldn't have answered my purpose question the way I did.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you Many of my friends are either: 1) a lot more subdued, quieter, and relaxed than I am, or 2) confident, sociable, and relaxed. From what they've told me, I'm generally a lot more gregarious, articulate, and confident in my presentation, and I think this can draw both types of people from both a complementary and similarity perspective.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by Brash and insensitive people who offer no constructive criticism; people who are passive to the point of one-word replies to every answer

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate. I admire people who have a singular vision and drive for their life (e.g. Kobe Bryant). I feel like my life path and vision for it constantly takes many twists and turns, so I'd love to have that singularity of purpose for my own life. However, I can't imagine denying myself the wide range of possibilities this world has to offer.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
I grew up in a household where anger wasn't really encouraged, so I try to keep my anger subdued and channel it into more direct, assertive statements. This includes confronting behaviors that are demeaning or discriminatory towards someone. After hours, however, in more casual settings, you can find me flare up if I'm talking about something I find unjust or heinous politically.

b) Shame I like to make self-deprecating jokes when I'm self-conscious about a trait or appearance of mine.

c) Fear If we're talking about situational fear, my eyes get wide initially. But, within a few seconds, I'll channel an outward look of composure (even if I'm quivering on the inside) and try to address the issue. If we're talking about existential fears (say about the future), I'll either numb that distraction with entertainment (reading, Netflix, going out with friends) or crafting several plans or possibilities where I can balance a comfortable income with a plan I find enjoyable and true to myself. The latter reassures me and gives me the sense I'm still in control of my life.

d) Love/passion I feel like I idealize love and passion quite a bit, but this really hasn't translated effectively into something long-term yet. Usually, this is because I think about the fun, sparky part of love wearing out quickly and I'm unsure of how to handle the foundation-building part of something long-term.

e) Conflict I won't start a conflict, but if you start any mess or argument with me and I know I'm not in the wrong, I'm exceptionally good at holding my own and wearing out the other. If I'm in the wrong, I'd prefer to talk it out and I'll apologize for the parts I think I can make restitution for.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)? I love to do as many things as possible in terms of clubs and organizations; I'm just fascinated by so much. Consequently, I struggle to give my 100% focus to one area; while I've improved in this area, sometimes it comes back to bite me (e.g. I had to quit a research team after I struggled to give my 100% to the project because of other commitments; I had a rude awakening when my team members told me frankly). I also struggle with questions of identity; while I identify with some of my group characteristics (politics, ethnicity, etc.), I want to carve out an identity for myself which is independent of these group characteristics. Consequently, I struggle with trying to figure out who I really am and discerning how much weight I attach to group identities.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I'm a public health major, but I also have minors in economics, geography, and international affairs (I love learning, what can I say). I chose my major because I started off on the pre-med track from familial pressure (if I'm being frank); it turns out I loved the major because of its interdisciplinary nature and I stuck around. Career-wise, I wanted to work in health policy, but I'm leaning more towards wanting to find a way to bridge my passion for public health in the private sector or nonprofit spheres. Truthfully, if I had all the time or talent in the world, I'd love to be a novelist, travel writer, or musician (I'm not counting out the first two; I love to write when I can). But, I'm pretty confident about my major choice and career path.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on? I try to focus on the kind of persona they give off; if it's someone who's easy to talk to or someone who comes off as exceedingly standoffish or arrogant (I confess, I've been accused of coming off as the latter sometimes).

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why? Too diverse and multifaceted to pin down; I will say it's troubling how quickly many around the world are willing to elect leaders or put stock in individuals who peddle advice or policies that are rooted in neither evidence nor compassion. I'm also alarmed how quickly many people give explicit or tacit support to the oppression of their compatriots.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests? I love reading; it's an opportunity to discover new worlds and subject matters you didn't know about before. My favorite non-fiction subjects to read about are history, social sciences, and biology; all of these involve complex, intricate systems that are fun to pick apart. I also love biographies and seeing how individuals viewed their team and balanced their sense of self with the society they lived in. I also love watching and keeping up with sports, both for the thrill of competition and rooting for a team, as well as the statistics and analytics aspect of it.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction. Generally, I hang out with friends in groups; I like one-on-one interactions, too, but group settings are more common for me. This includes restaurants, house parties, going bowling, etc. I try to initiate interactions, but oftentimes I become a little controlling in the coordination or planning process, so I try to take a step back from initiating the interaction.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why? Actions; although words are critical to spurring action and commitment, the weight of those words is judged by the actions they inspire or don't inspire.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste Because it might encourage me to seek food for nutritious value over taste :D What better way to overcome gluttony? (The rest sound miserable).
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect. I hope to not be someone who is indifferent to the wider world around or advocates for the subjugation and oppression of others. As a parent, friend, or partner, I hope to not be someone who is emotionally detached and isn't responsive to the needs of the other (I can already be like this sometimes, but I'm trying to work on it).

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this? I don't think I've ever been obsessed with a person that much yet :D. But, if it's a subject matter or an interest, I try to read everything I can on the subject continuously (e.g. sports, international economic development, climate change) so I can not only be informed but share my passions and curiosity with others.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies? Messy in my thoughts and papers; organized when it comes to my dishes and laundry.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings? If there's an armchair in my domicile, that's pretty comfortable to me :D. Comfort is inherently subjective; my own personal definitions of comfort, however, entail being in an open and gregarious social environment. But, in my personal space i.e. my home, I'm very protective of and demand respect for my privacy and boundaries.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suspect 371 or 731 so. The so dom is super obvious. Great job giving such detailed responses! Probably so/sp.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I would say ENTP type 7 or 3 (or 8, I usually dont see much difference between 3 and 8, but Luminous said 3).
E--P is quite clear to me.
I see you as being significantly external oriented and P more comes because I see some good Ne on your text.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suspect 371 or 731 so. The so dom is super obvious. Great job giving such detailed responses! Probably so/sp.

I appreciate the input (and you as well [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION])! It doesn't have to be super detailed, but can I ask what gives off the 1 vibe as far as my tritype goes?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I appreciate the input (and you as well [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION])! It doesn't have to be super detailed, but can I ask what gives off the 1 vibe as far as my tritype goes?

You are very focused on doing what you consider to be right, not just supporting it, but actively and assertively advocating for it. :)