• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you help me with my enneagram?

MDenise

Enneagram
9w1
I seem so much like 9 but directly and strongly feel the core fear and desire of 1 and 2. Am I probably still a core 9 (fear of separation and desire for inner peace)? I certainly fear conflict and desire harmony. I guess I just want validation that I am a 9 if I am. 9w1.

On Type 1: I would hate to be an evil person, doing bad things or unethical things. I would feel bad about being bad or corrupt, and good about being good. I value being good very much. I desire innocence. Another thing is I care a lot about social justice and want corruption to be stopped (including government and corporate) (for the sake of any victims) and innocent victims to be able to fight and win.

On Type 2: I feel a fear of being hated, when people snap at me or leave me out as if discriminating against me. I long to be loved as far as valued as a person, treated like I matter, cared about, respected, treated with patience. I have compassion and empathy.

But I don’t have the 1’s perfectionism or the 2’s level of helpfulness or the need to be needed or the desire to be loved that way. I do not criticize others. I mostly want to keep from doing what they’re doing. I’m okay with criticism (from others to me) as long as it’s polite. My problem is if it’s stated rudely.

I have all of the positives of 9. I value and practice love all the time (accepting, polite, nonaggressive). I am easygoing, agreeable, and very soft. I do not argue with others when we disagree. I respect other opinions that contrast with mine. I am forgiving of enemies, just wanting them to start being nice to me. I don’t like to complain about small things and want to be grateful instead. I don’t panic easily. I try to make the best of every situation.

I am unable to get excited or show emotion, unassertive and quiet. I want to relax a lot and love having days off from work. I hate feeling rushed. I don’t want too much responsibility. I have trouble getting rid of most things. I don’t want to leave my job for a better one somewhere else. I accommodate others, giving up what I want. Out of courtesy.

I have a huge fear of conflict. Having people freak out on me. Tied to fear of being hated and sensitivity. I try not to upset, frustrate, or irritate people now, as I remember incidents in which people yelled at me. I need to be on good terms with everyone. I desire harmony with everyone (getting along with each other, no hostility) and am truly loving.

I want people to be happy and positive, and if they are depressed I feel sad for them. Especially, I want people who seem upbeat to be genuinely happy.

What do you think of my type?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
How do you relate to the emotions of: anger, fear and shame?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you're still around, I think 9w1 is a perfect fit. A 1 is generally more pushy and rigid about their beliefs. Though you try to be good and 9w1s can definitely worry about being evil, you also try to respect others opinions and not criticize others. As a 9w1 myself, I do get upset when I see something go against my morals, but I try to keep a live and let live attitude and I'm getting that vibe from you. You just seem very positive outlook overall, wanting harmony and wanting to be on good terms with people and making the best of every situation. Since you relate to 2 too, it could be in your tritype.

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not argue with others when we disagree. I respect other opinions that contrast with mine. I am forgiving of enemies, just wanting them to start being nice to me.

You sound like a pretty clear 9w1 to me, especially for the above statement. A 1 or a 2 would not have as much of a problem stating their disagreements and might be a little more "I'm right!" about it than a 9 would be.

When it comes to wanting to be loved and valued, what do you do to try and gain that love and to feel valued?