• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me (Socionics)

Aenye

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi! I've been into Socionics for more than a year but only lately I've started to get really interested in it. I've read about all the IMEs and I have an idea about what my type could be, but I still am not sure. Tht's why I started this thread!

PERSONAL CONCEPTS

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is something partly subjective that I find difficult to define tbh. Generally speaking, I'd say it's the sum of the qualitites that makes something pleasant to senses and/or to the mind.

Love is adrenaline, serotonine, dopamine, vasopressin and oxcytocin but, if I have to describe it in my own words, I think it's a strong connection you have with someone else.

2. What are your most important values?

Friendship, (intellectual) honesty, peace, freedom, truth, empathy.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I don't because there's no religion I know about that could help me to better understand the world by following it. However I am interested in learning about different religions (and religious belief).

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

Even tho I find military strategies interesting, I think that better solutions can be found to war, even tho it's not always easy and/or the shortest path. Power has many definitions, it depends on which sense you mean. That said, the first definition that came to my mind is "Political or social authority or control, especially that exercised by a government", but I think that's because the first part of the question involved war and military, and not because it is in general the first definition I'd give of power.

INTERESTS

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

Lately I've had conversations about everyday life, how to improve it (how to better organize the day, exams, job, and so on) and the various problems, especially those regarding mental health. In fact in this period it's pretty common feeling sad and/or hopeless and/or lost and/or angry sometimes, and talking about it helps. With friends I've also talked about our interests and projects for when quarantine will be over.
When I was younger (6-3 years ago) I used to have more "philosophical" conversations. I have now lost basically any interest in them if about subjects that can (potentially) be explained scientifically, for example "what is the mind?", or if they generally lead nowhere, like "what is the meaning of life in general?".

Talking about interests I like reading (to learn new things), listening to music (bc helps me to relieve stress), playing the piano (same), video-games (same), table rpgs (same), learning new things (including new "skills" like how to play a certain strategy game or juggling or learning how to write with the non dominant hand etc.), science, literature, anime, puzzles, singing and dancing.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Yes but not that much. The aspect that interests me the most in this sense is the diet. I am absolutely not obsessed over it but I like to learn about what benefits different types of diet could bring and properties of foods (it's a really recent interest tho). I am not particularly focused on my body but I try to pay attention to what I eat and try to exercise every day for at least 30mins/1hour.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

I like some of them and hate certain others. I enjoy cleaning and tiding. Seeing things clean and ordered (especially clean), and realising how things have changed, gives a sense of satisfaction to me. I instead really dislike cooking and do the grocery. The former because, well, I suck at it (I have no patience) and the latter simply because it's boring and tiring most of the time.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Dostoevkij and Turgenev are my favourite authors. I love Russian literature in general and I've considering taking a mojor in it. My favourite books include (not considering those of the authors I've just named 'cause I would include them all) "Les illusions perdues"(Balzac), "Operette Morali" (Leopardi), "Ivanhoe" (Scott), "Melmoth the wanderer" (Maturin), "Mërtvye duši" (Gogol'), "ASOIAF" (Martin). I also enjoy scientific essays, especially about relativity, quantum physics, properties of materials and biology.
I am not fond of films but I follow/ed a few TV series: BBC Sherlock, Elementary, Criminal Minds, The Good Doctor and The Dragon Prince.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Mostly bad grades and failed exams lol. In general I cry when I feel I've deluded my expectations or those of my loved ones and, sometimes, when I am really angry. I also cry out of joy. I cry pretty easily tbh ahaha (I try not to do it when there are other people tho).

I smile when I see someone happy (even in anime/film), when I am satisfied, when I notice something I consider beautiful.

10. Where do you feel at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

1) Places where I've been when I was a child, my home 2) Where I feel appreciated 3) In the nature (I like walks in the nature, enjoying the smell of grass and flowers and feeling the wind blowing through the hair).

EVALUATION & BEHAVIOUR

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Too indecisive, proud, stubborn, whants to organize others, overthinks, apprehensive, pretty low self-esteem, social interctions, easily irritated, lack of motivation (in certin areas, namely study). The last point, however, is true only if I have to study alone: when I have to prepare an exams with other people or have to do a group project I'm way more motivated and focused and I generally help others to stay focused too. I think that's because in a group I feel that I am responsible not only to myself but also to others. Some people also say that I care too much about others and about their opinion.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Kindness, good listener, good at seeing different perspectives and analysing, determination/persistance, creative, curious, cautious, cheerful.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
I think that the main area in which I need help is managing emotions. I experience feelings pretty intensely but I am not good at showing them, especially the negative ones (with the exception of anger). In particular I often feel anxyous and I don't know what I have to do to make the anxiety go away (I even went to a terapist for this problem). I tend to keep things for myself and have problems to open up because I need a long time to trust people and because I don't see it as necessary

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
I think I've never been stuck in a serious rut.

PEOPLE & INTERACTIONS

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like straightforwordness without being rude, determination, positivity and openess to ideas/theories, ability to focus. I mainly dislike the opposite of the qualities I've listed plus those who openly consider themselves superior to others in an arrogant way. Besides people who don't think about the conseguences of their actions and/or show total lack of empathy make me angry, unless there are medical reasons to justify their behaviour.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I am open about it but I am not interested in sex and I am not very romantic. In a partner I like patience, similar interests (it's not exactly a quality but I'd like to have some topics to talk about with him lol), openess. Besides I like someone who can be supportive and who is able to calm me down.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I'd like him/her to grow strong and indipendent but also "humble" and to always have what he/she needs. I think that the first step should be having a stable economical condition that should be achieved before having a child. When he/she is a kid, I'd try to make sure he/she has a space outside to freely play and come into contiact with nature, animals included (with the necessary precautions obviously). I think I'd let him/her follow his/her own path and take important decisions by him/herself.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

At first, both inwardly and outwardly, I am annoyed but I also want to understand why he/she thinks that. So I try to understand his/her reasons. Outwordly I aks questions and inwardly I try to analyze his/her words. Then I state my opinion. At the end I could even change my mind. However, if the topic is something I've tought a lot about and/or I've already debated it with someone else and/or I have a strong opinion and I'm confident about it, I firstly state my opinion (that's pretty rare tho).

19. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

When I was a child (till elementary school) I tryed to be friend with everyone and usually did the first moove; I simply went to another child and said "wanna be friends?" ahaha. Later I became way more reserved, even tho I've always been pretty shy. Anyway I choose friends mostly based on their interests and their personality and, to a certain degree, beliefs. That said I am not good at keeping in contact with people I meet, even tho I like them, so it's not easy to me making new freinds even if I'd like to.

How I behave around them depends on the grade of confidence but in general I don't talk much. However I often am the one to propose activities and or say "let's do something" when everyone is quiet, sometimes by starting to do something myself, hoping that others will follow me.

(Probably a bit off topic but thought it was worth mentioning: I dislike it when I am doing something with other people and they go offtopic (if we are having a conversation) and/or can't stay focused. It makes me feel like I am wasting time).

20. How do you behave around strangers?

Usually I am awkard and don't know how to behave, so I try to be polite and hope for the best lol. When I know I'll have to meet strangers and if I have the chance, I ask to the people I know (relatively) well who know them how I am supposed to behave around them.