• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Care to take a stab at my MBTI (+ Enneagram if possible)?

BlackStarla

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

Early 30s, female, UK. Non-religious and left-wing (but not overly political). I do suffer from anxiety so I'm not sure if that will impact how I answer.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

I think I'm likely to be an IxFP but I wouldn't rule out others. I mainly test as INFP but friends have described me differently (a lot of them think of me as more of a Sensor because I'm practical). I've also been told I come across as ENFP at times because I can be talkative and outgoing with the right people.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

I don't know if I have a purpose per say, but life makes most sense to me when I stop trying to impress others and remain open and receptive to new experiences. I find myself getting caught in these loops of wanting to stand out and be seen as 'awesome' and talented in the eyes of others, yet I won't actually put in the hardwork needed to be admired. I'll admit I'm lazy, an overthinker, a worrier, and I spend most of my spare time aimlessly wandering around, but when it comes to do-or-die situations where I have to act under pressure and defend others, that's when I'm in my element. I think my purpose is to use all of my experience and research I've saved up in my lethargic times, and use them for good in demanding/changing circumstances.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Most - sloth, closely followed by envy. I just get bored of the everyday routine. I prefer if things are just a little bit different each day.
Least - pride. I don't really tend to boast about myself too often because I'm too worried people will see through me and notice the flaws I always see in myself.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

I'm drawn to people who are drawn to me. I have a hard time promoting myself so when someone notices something good or interesting about me, it makes me want to be around them all the time. So I wouldn't say there's a particular 'type' of person I'm drawn to, but usually they tend to be emotionally intuitive.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

As I mentioned, emotionally intuitive types who find me sort of mysterious and want to open me up more.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

Overly objective, judger types who always put logic over feelings. I'm pretty sure my worse enemy is an xSTJ.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

I admire people who are somewhat 'bubbly' and free-spirited and who have a positive way of thinking - people who see the good in others until proved otherwise. I also love people who have good control of their body/good athletes/dancers etc.

I have a tendency to judge others internally the moment I meet them, and I have trouble expressing my emotions. I come across as rather stoic and unimpressed, when actually I'm deeply sensitive. I'm not naturally good at sports, although I do try and practice dance routines in my spare time.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

I'm naturally a calm person so don't get angry a lot. However, if I'm overwhelmed at work and keep getting interrupted by customers, then I'll throw a bit of a tantrum and lose my cool. I don't like being pulled in different directions. I prefer just having one task to focus on independently.

b) Shame

I carry a lot of shame around with me and I don't always understand why, but I think that's why I'm so reserved and guarded. I'm always worried that someone is going to expose me in someway. I feel like I have a lot of negative thoughts and private interests, I'm scared people can read my mind or spy on me.

c) Fear

I mainly experience fear in social situations. I don't really enjoy the getting-to-know someone part of a relationship. I just want to skip straight to the emotional connection.

d) Love/passion
I experience deep love and passion in my own fantasy world, but I struggle to apply this to real life. When I was younger, I'd always fall for people I couldn't quite have (or toxic people) because it was easier to put them on a pedestal and keep them at a distance that way. Now I have a very mature, stable partner and he's incredibly romantic and caring, but sometimes it feels alien to me because I was so used to thinking of love as this otherworldy thing.

e) Conflict
I tend to be people-pleasing mostly. I avoid confrontation and ignore people who I have conflict with. This can sometimes cause me to build up a resentment for them and it will show itself in passive-aggressive ways, or sometimes I'll explode at them in frustration.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

I've always had a bit of a struggle with my identity. I tend to build my identity on people/groups I admire, but then as soon as that changes, I'll feel lost and won't know who I am. So you'll often see me changing my style over the years because I'm always changing to suit the new things/people that I value. Often my values are connected to other people and how they see me so when I'm on my own, I feel a bit aimless. But one thing I've always done is attached myself to my past, so I'll always have this groundedness because I'll always be connected to certain memories and items from my past.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I studied Multimedia in college/uni. I chose this because it incorporated a lot of different mediums such as graphic design, photography, film, web coding etc. Since I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, I liked that I could explore all these different avenues. Nowadays I think I'd change it to something more specific and practical because frankly I did not go into a solid career in any of those fields. I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do with my life though. I go from wanting to be a gardener to a counsellor to a photographer. I just don't want to work in an office ever again.

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a children's writer. Mainly because of my huge love for fantasy. I think in some respects I still do, but it would be more of hobby for me than anything. I love thinking of concepts that I can entertain others with. I've written lots of fanfiction in the past, and now I'm trying to learn how to make funny comic strips.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

I focus on trying to bond over shared interests. I'll slip in my likes/dislikes in conversation, hoping something will resonate with them.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

I feel like humanity will never be at peace because there are so many people wounded from childhood neglect and trauma. There will always be those people who abuse others and who don't want to co-operate. That's why I mostly just do my own thing. I don't think it's worth stressing over people you can't change.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

I love to cycle and explore my neighborhood without really having a destination. I love to read comics and play story-heavy video games that transport me to another universe. I like searching for the perfect hang-out spot with my close friends so we have somewhere to call 'our own'. I love collecting aesthetic things, whether its vinyls, vintage clothing or Vans.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

I usually always start with my best friend. We have an unspoken pact to meet each other every Friday night and we may or may not casually mention it to our mutual friends. If they want to join us, then great. If not, we'll just have fun by ourselves. Usually, I'm always up for a spontaneous invitation to try something new. Sometimes I will arrange a 'games night' or 'quiz night' and send invitations out just so I can create more of a community.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Actions. I have trouble expressing myself through words unless I'm writing it down. I don't like to share my feelings readily, so I prefer to show I care through getting a thoughtful gift or going out of my way to help someone. Whenever a close friend mentions they like something, I'll keep it stored in my head (even for a year) and then I'll remember to give it them for their birthday/Christmas etc.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

d - I feel like if I'm poor for the rest of my life that takes away the stress of having to earn money/worrying about spending too much etc. I'll be free to live a simple life without the pressures of the corporate world. I can finally focus on my creative projects, nature, my loved ones and living a minimalist lifestyle. I'd also trust that my friends/family would support me if they knew I was cursed.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

I want to avoid being materialistic because sometimes I can get lost in aesthetics that I forget to stay humble. Sometimes I obsess over my appearance or the appearance of others that I neglect their actual qualities.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

So if I see someone get really passionate about something, it inspires me to also become passionate about the same thing. I just find their passion infectious and I end up taking it on as my own. For example, a friend will be really into a new up-and-coming singer, and suddenly I'll start admiring the singer myself and I'll take it even further than them by going to their concerts etc. I can't even explain why I do this - I just attach myself to other people's emotions I guess.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

I'm a very messy gal who just wants to be organized. Like, I will spend so much time planning how to make things perfect in my head, that I'll forget to actually start working on it IRL. So my bedroom will get really messy because I'm sat there for weeks on end thinking of the best system to organize everything.

I do like surprises and spontaneity though. My boyfriend is extremely organised and structured so he kind of helps to get my life in order while I'm free to be impulsive.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

As a very aesthetic person, my surroundings do affect me. I'm always aware of when I'm too hot/too cold, wearing something itchy, the room is too bright etc. I tend to experiment with my surroundings until I have created a cosy nest that is just right for me and my loved ones. I try to think about their needs too (even if I do put myself first).

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm gonna say INFP 9w1 > 4w3 > 6w5 sx/sp (less sure about the wings). Your main focus on authenticity and emotional connection in your relationships seems indicative of a Fi-dom, and I don't quite get the vibe of an Se-aux from you. The reason I don't say core 4 (which is more typical of IxFP types) is the part where you say you've tended to build your identity around the people and groups you admire, and struggled to find your identity because of it. That's something associated more with the normative types (3, 6, and 9), but I don't see that coming from a place of shame or fear (as it would with a 3 or 6, respectively). The sx-first comes from your main focus on developing intimate relationships and fleshing out your 1-on-1s.

This is one of the descriptions I've read of the sexual 9; let me know if it resonates with you (disclaimer: it is a little superficial, but still a good starting point, I think):

This subtype fuses deeply with significant others in relationships as a strategy to feed their sense of self and sense of comfort. They tend to feel more secure when partnered with others and may find it challenging to be on their own. They are resistant to paying attention to themselves, their passions and desires and tend to go along with the preferences of others, even if this means sacrificing their own plans and needs.

If you have any questions about my assessment or need me to clarify/expand on anything, please don't hesitate to let me know :) Welcome to the forum!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm gonna say XNFP because I can see Ne and Si (speaking in terms of generalities and regularities), and I think you're an FP (calm, disorganised, people and introspection focused).

Enneagram type 4 because of the internal shame.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP 5w4 or INFP 4w5

Just vibing though.