• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please Type Me/Still unsure of my type: Questionnaire Answers

Gwyn

hello, here is a questionnaire I filled out. If you wouldn't mind typing me based on these answers it would be appreciated!

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

*I am from the United States.
I have OCD which tends to be more ruminations than physical compulsions that people can see.

*I am also a Christian as well as politically neutral with a democratic slant (ie healthcare, immigration)

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven't you decided on one?

*I have identified different aspects of INFP (due to Fi personal beliefs and moral principles), INFJ (by organizing ideas and insights Ni) and ISFJ (because when trying to make conversation with other people I try to relate it to an association of a past event/ ie I would say something like, "oh my goodness, this cartoon reminds me of when my siblings were watching a show and then we had a fun summer barbecue later".

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

*My belief system is that my purpose is to glorify God and to reflect his love to others.

*I'm not sure if this is a purpose, but more of a predisposition to look for the beauty in others. It's almost innate or a driven desire to do so. Especially if I find out that someone whose features may be harsh and I find out that they are kindhearted and gentle, I revel in that.

*At the moment my goal is to keep my cat and I afloat as I know they are my responsibility and I don't want them in a bad situation (ie the pound).

*Other than that, I want to write a fictional book that goes with my predisposition to look for inner beauty.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

*I think envy is the one I relate to the most. I have a quick response to when someone has good news or an accomplishment and suddenly I feel inadequate. Right after that first shock, I will reason that there's no need to be envious one way or another. Wrath would be the least. People have told me that my shame in feeling anger is extreme, especially since I do not really express it (for fear of being cruel to someone) and I do not realize that my feelings are ways of telling me what is wrong in the moment.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

*I am drawn to gentle, sweet and friendly people. They do not necessarily need to be gregarious, but just approachable. I don't know why, but people who like Shakespeare is a plus, even though I'm not a huge fan of W S myself.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you.

*People who tend to be drawn to me are often opinionated, blunt, or they may want to talk to someone about what is on their mind or bothering them. I had one instance where a guy at my first job began to start to tell me really personal things about his life and then catching himself he said, "I'm sorry, I'm not sure why I'm telling you this." Also, I have had people ask my advice on things that they think I have insight on even though I may not have experienced, the main topic being about romantic relationships.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

*I would say the people I am avoidant of are greedy, selfish (we're all selfish to a degree but extreme selfishness), go out to harm others (especially the innocent [children, elderly, pets], ugh I can't bear to watch tiger king). Those who control or dismiss others emotions/mental wellbeing.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

*I admire when someone can be animated in their speech. Not in a deceptively charming way, but in a way that makes them approachable. I would like to get to that point one day. I get too self conscious and scared to try to make even a remotely silly expression.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger: I feel anger internally, but I immediately feel shame. Then, I tend to google something like "how to quell anger" out of guilt. I may also ruminate about it until I need to call my counselor to help bring my anxiety down from feeling angry.

b) Shame: my shame of self is potent. So much so I become self absorbed and annoyed when something breaks my train of thought on the matter (ie day to day situations). This may be tied partly to my OCD though as shame is a big component of the compulsion cycle.

c) Fear: my fear is often exaggerated. I fear myself the most. I'm scared that I am a bad person, of which people have told me that is a distorted thought. I often fear meeting others in thinking that I don't like them or that my facial expression means I am angry at them.

d) Love/passion: I find that the love I admire most is wholesome platonic love. I have never been a relationship so I cannot speak to that. I also admire couples who are older and after their true selves are revealed, nothing is scandalous about them or their relationship, they're simply that sweet and caring.

e) Conflict: I avoid conflict when it comes to being assertive for myself. When someone is being treated poorly, I feel upset and will assert myself. One example is when a family member of mine was in the hospital and they were not being cared for. I was so afraid to have to finally leave after visiting hours that night for fear they would be mistreated.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you've been unable to conquer, ect)?

*I have a hard time being vulnerable with people. Also, being assertive is something I have had to work on since I was a teenager.

*My OCD is a constant in my life which can feel awful at times and pull me back from going forward in my goals.

*A neutral theme is in looking for inner beauty. Consuming media that has to do with inner beauty. Creating media that has to do with inner beauty or looking for the good in others.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

*I earned my undergrad in English. I found that it was my favorite subject and what I gravitated toward in community college. I romanticized the idea of reading books and love creative writing. In high school it was the class I looked forward to the most.

*Then I earned my credential in Special Education. I find that I am able to be more open and able express mentor ship better with students who receive SPED. I also resolved that I must do something that has a purpose and is focused on helping people. If I could not do that I would feel guilty (a selfish thought I know).

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

*I first focus on "do I seem friendly enough? Do they think I look angry? What if I seem like I'm trying to flirt and they are repulsed by me?" Unfortunately it becomes somewhat true since I become insecure due to these nagging thoughts and I will divert eye contact. Which then makes the other person feel awkward and then I assume my fears were true all along. (I understand these are extremely unhealthy ways of thinking and I'm trying to work on them with my counselor
).
10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

*Humanity as a whole functions based off of fears, desires, hopes and disillusionment from those hopes. I believe it is due to a formulated structure that we strive for in each culture and it can lead to stress. Then, when we do not deal with that stress in a healthy way, we tend to resort to destructive behaviors that can affect ourselves and others (such as war, crime, distrust, poisonous indulgences). The thing we chased after to avoid harm became our destruction after all.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

*I enjoy reading, writing, currently getting into doctor who, journaling, nature walks, thinking about ideal scenarios in my head [unrealistic crush/being in a Victorian romance], sounds pretentious I know.

13) How do you usually "hang out" with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

*My friends and I tend to pick a place to do something such as go to a garden or talk a walk in the forest. Then we head to get lunch somewhere. On occasions we'll go see a movie, which they tend to be innocent movies such as LEGO movie or Spiderman/Marvel. My friends will speak to me about their lives, some friends ask me how I have been doing as well.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

*I believe actions are more important. Someone can tell me they are fine but eventually they will tell me the truth about how I did something that bothered them, or what someone else did. Also, actions so as to establish trust or possibly be pleasantly surprised when you find out someone is really kind.

15) Oh dear, you've been cursed by a witch! It's ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

*I would choose A. I am often sensitive to taste as it is and will often find food nauseating (very picky eater). I also do not want to see all of my family and friends gone. I'm already not wealthy, and I do not expect to be rich in this life. I don't exactly know what type of passion they are referring to, but my passion would have to do with the surge of emotion I feel over subjects or themes that I adore.

*I was going to choose to lose my memories, as my ocd clings to real events and it is brutal. However, I recently lost my grandmother and I need those memories, if not for sentiment at least to hold on to a part of her.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

*I want to avoid being cruel. Yet, I would also wish to avoid being passive (something I have not conquered yet).

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

*I tend to be delayed in my obsessions. At first I may get annoyed when everyone is obsessing over something. One time it was twilight, another time it was frozen, then there was mandalorian. It is not that these things are bad or annoying, but I need to separate from the hype and delve into them at a later time to discern if I like them or not. Often this means waiting three to four years after they have been released. Yet, I don't feel out of the loop or that I am missing out.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

*It depends. My school work or work work is extremely clean and organized. I think, "how will others be able to navigate this once I'm gone for the day?" So that way I don't get a phone call asking me where something is or that the person cannot gain access to what they need. At home for myself I am disorganized. I will go through a cleaning and organizing streak and then things are placed without being mindful of where I put them. Then I become flustered when I'm running on the edge of time and can not find my Keys or wallet.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

*I view comfort as an invitation from others to be yourself around them and their surroundings. It's hard for me to do this for myself though. If I am going through a bought of OCD I will believe I do not deserve physical, emotional or mental comfort. It is something that I have to consciously apply to my personal life like picturing in my head how comforting it would be to lay down on a clean comforter or how much faster I would fall asleep if I had a midnight snack. I will feel discomfort and I have to go through a rationale in order to find out why this is and how to address it.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hug: first of all, I'm sorry for your struggles with anxiety and ocd. I have struggled with those myself. I hope you are able to have a less stressful time with them soon. They might make typing you a little more difficult.

I think your enneagram is likely either 9 or 1, with your relationship with anger. You've got a lot of positive outlook going on, so I'd guess 9w1 over 1w9. (Also with how easily people approach you and tell you personal things and your difficulty with assertiveness.) 2 seems very strong also. So probably 92x. I don't get a really clear read on instinctual stacking, but I'd guess sp/so or so/sx.

Gwyn

Hi Luminous, thank you. I understand what you mean with trying to discern type when someone has something like ocd or anxiety. I'm never quite sure if I am processing things or functioning based off of ocd and anxiety or not.
One thing I do know is that I will gravitate toward hobbies such as studying mbti so as to distract myself from the ruminations.

thank you again!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're most welcome! I hope you're able to stick around and enjoy the forums! :)

XenMargolis

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree with Luminous' social 9 assessment. I also think INFP is your best fit, considering the way you use Si is more a means of indulging pleasure seeking urges (not a bad thing! we have a comfort function for a reason, and you're lucky yours happens to be a Perceiving function :D )

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I'm sorry for your struggles with anxiety and ocd :(

I was the guy who typed you last time as a INFP.
I read this new text and I say INFX, but since I said INFP last time Id rather keep saying INFP.

Borderlines are common, it seems that you might have a N/S and J/P borderline, I think?