• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused between intp and infj now, rip.

neatsoccer

MBTI Type
INxx
Some context:

I have been studying MBTI for a while now, when I started, I got stuck between Intp and Istp, then I finally concluded that I was INTP. But over time, I started becoming doubtful of whether or not I was really an INTP or some other type that I haven't considered. Then I found online MBTI forums like this, and since then I have posted a thread on "what's my type?" (here's the link, if you want to see, https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/105542-whats-type.html). And after someone from this community reviewed it, he/she said that I was an INFJ. And now we are here, me doubting my type again.

So I was wondering if any of you guys could help provide any context or perspective to help me figure this puzzle out, thanks in advance.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So far I pick up introvert and likely Ti user. I'm leaning toward INTP but early to tell. Are you familiar with the cognitive functions at all?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok cool. Have you taken any of the tests? Or read chapters from Psychological Types? And if so what was your impression from those?

neatsoccer

MBTI Type
INxx
Yes I have taken tests from 16personalities to the tests based mainly on the 8 cognitive functions, and I've always gotten intp. I've also take the enneagram test and got 5w4. And no I have sadly not read that book by Carl Jung.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes I have taken tests from 16personalities to the tests based mainly on the 8 cognitive functions, and I've always gotten intp. I've also take the enneagram test and got 5w4. And no I have sadly not read that book by Carl Jung.

Was it the test based on the cognitive functions with strictly letter results, or did it give you percentages/numbers for each function?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It gave percents for each function.

In combo with your answers, I trust that then. Where did your confusion lie between INTP and ISTP?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can you give me reasons why you could see yourself as

1. SI?

2. SE?

that may help me see if you are mistaking other functions blending or working together for one of them. :D

neatsoccer

MBTI Type
INxx
I see myself as SI because alots of things around remind of things in the past. When I am reflecting I am comparing the past and the current.
I see myself as SE because I used to play sports as a child, but I lost interest over time, so not really.